2023 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Vinlarr89
Vinlarr89

Re: 2023 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team

Guys. Let’s be real here, Charles is pushing this hard because he’s so competitive and a born winner and hates anything but being 1st. If the car is a bit quicker he probably doesn’t push quite at much. In addition max lost it as many times as Charles, the difference is that the car has better stability and was able to recover. To the comments that Ferrari should replace him with someone experienced. Absolute nonsense. They need to focus on getting him the right car to deliver. He can compete with max no doubt

Vanja #66

A tale of two approaches to racing - find excuses and owning up to it

It’s a shame because he’ll be starting 7th tomorrow and this weekend both Ferraris could’ve scored a second row, and also because he couldn’t do a good lap on Q3. This shows that our car is difficult, I’ve made some mistakes on the FP3, he had a couple crashes… it shows we’re struggling with the car, mostly on some corners
I know I’m taking more risk than others in Q3, and that’s why most of the time I’m doing good Q3s. But this is too much, and I’m very disappointed. I did the same mistake yesterday and this shouldn’t happen. It’s unacceptable to make twice the same mistake in the same corner. I’m very disappointed with myself. You can find excuses…the setup was very tricky. But I put myself in this position, I wanted the setup, and I knew it would be tricky, but…I thought I would be able to extract the maximum out of the car in Q3, as that is usually one of my strong points. It’s not acceptable, it’s not the level I should have. This weekend I didn’t do the job, two mistakes in the same corner. I’m very disappointed with myself.
And they call it a stall. A STALL!

#DwarvesAreNaturalSprinters
#BlessYouLaddie

Andres125sx

Vanja #66 wrote:
07 May 2023, 13:38
A tale of two approaches to racing - find excuses and owning up to it
Vanja #66 wrote:
06 May 2023, 23:40
Great stuff from Charles, amazing speed
[...]
too bad he's so unlucky with crashes. [...] and people think luck has nothing to do with it :lol:
The first of your quotes looks accurate, some people always find excuses for driver mistakes :mrgreen:

AR3-GP
AR3-GP

I just didn't want to assume that things are so bad that they couldn't even find a comfortable setup all weekend. after putting a new floor on the car. Fred has a lot of work to do.

Shal_Leg16
Shal_Leg16

Seems like some guys here are just 1 crash away from peddling the “too many mistakes” narrative or bringing up sainz is equal-esque debate over here. The way comments fire in make it look like they enjoy this situation. 😂😂😂

Xyz22
Xyz22

AR3-GP wrote:
07 May 2023, 14:20
I just didn't want to assume that things are so bad that they couldn't even find a comfortable setup all weekend. after putting a new floor on the car. Fred has a lot of work to do.
Aero updates won't save this car (fixing race pace). It's highly likely that AM was also quicker in quali trim yesterday. Alonso was on track for a sub 27 with new tyres in Q3.
Last edited by Xyz22 on 07 May 2023, 14:39, edited 1 time in total.

LM10
LM10

Any pictures from the car being recovered where the floor is visible? I have the feeling they take it very seriously with the instruction to show as less as needed while lifting the cars.

Do we know what was damaged? I hope no damages to the gearbox or the new floor.

chrisc90

LM10 wrote:
07 May 2023, 14:33
Any pictures from the car being recovered where the floor is visible? I have the feeling they take it very seriously with the instruction to show as less as needed while lifting the cars.

They lifted it onto a tow truck so more than enough space for a togger to get a snap of the underneath.

Andres125sx

Shal_Leg16 wrote:
07 May 2023, 14:22
Seems like some guys here are just 1 crash away from peddling the “too many mistakes” narrative or bringing up sainz is equal-esque debate over here. The way comments fire in make it look like they enjoy this situation. 😂😂😂
That´s better than bashing drivers even when they do no mistakes at all, as you did with Sainz only some posts above
selvam_e2002 wrote:
07 May 2023, 10:23
if you have two young driver, you will get these kind of issues. Ferrari need experience driver. Just see how both are making mistake in alternate races. I don't see any good weekend for both the drivers. I think one of them will be kicked out from Ferrari if it continues. Mostly Saniz will be out from Ferrari this year.
Fact: Lecrerc crash
Conclusion: Sainz must be replaced

#-o :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

selvam_e2002
selvam_e2002

Andres125sx wrote:
07 May 2023, 15:02
Shal_Leg16 wrote:
07 May 2023, 14:22
That´s better than bashing drivers even when they do no mistakes at all, as you did with Sainz only some posts above
selvam_e2002 wrote:
07 May 2023, 10:23
if you have two young driver, you will get these kind of issues. Ferrari need experience driver. Just see how both are making mistake in alternate races. I don't see any good weekend for both the drivers. I think one of them will be kicked out from Ferrari if it continues. Mostly Saniz will be out from Ferrari this year.
Fact: Lecrerc crash
Conclusion: Sainz must be replaced

#-o :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Yes. because Lecrec is Ferrari boy.

Xyz22
Xyz22

Ah, the very famous Lecrerc and Lecrec.

Anyway, my pessimistic persona tells me that Ferrari will suffer massively from graining, considering the green track.

Wouter

LM10 wrote:
07 May 2023, 14:33

The Power of Dreams!

dialtone
dialtone

If the track is cold overheating in the dry will end up being an ok place to be, even with a green track.

Xyz22
Xyz22

I told you that this car can't be saved. Also i wonder what happened with Leclerc. Clearly the two crash didn't help but yikes at the pace in the first stint.

F1NAC

Weekend to forget