2023 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
JPBD1990
JPBD1990

Re: 2023 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team

4th fastest*

Xyz22
Xyz22

When a car has such a deficit in race trim and such a difference in pace between compounds it means, in my opinion, that there is simply something wrong with the chassis.

Leclerc asking to check the car for chassis damage. Highly likely that something was wrong. but it's also his fault considering he destroyed it twice.

bluechris

I like what Leclerc is doing but as we saw today you cannot count to the team after a crash to give back the same car. His car was a bumping disaster today so if i was him i would had second thoughts of goinf too much over the limit again.

Venturiation
Venturiation

bluechris wrote:
07 May 2023, 23:12
I like what Leclerc is doing but as we saw today you cannot count to the Italians after a crash to give back the same car. His car was a bumping disaster today so if i was him i would had second thoughts of goinf too much over the limit again.
Stop blaming the mechanics
Lec destroyed the car he shouldn't have destroyed it

And the Ferrari concept is slower than the binned W14

Vinlarr89
Vinlarr89

Yep, clearly something not right with leclercs car. Surprised Ferrari didn’t opt to start him on the hards so he could finish with the lighter car on mediums too. Horrible weekend. Can’t see anyone catching RB. They are in another league at the moment. AM MB and Fer all going to be 2nd best at different tracks IMO. The RB pace is mind blowing

Xyz22
Xyz22

Duchessa reporting that Lec car was massively off balance with understeer on entry and thus oversteer on exit. As i said partially his fault after the two crash and maybe even going in the wrong direction setup wise but Ferrari is not a serious team.

Sainz did a good first stint.

Venturiation
Venturiation

Vinlarr89 wrote:
07 May 2023, 23:17
Yep, clearly something not right with leclercs car. Surprised Ferrari didn’t opt to start him on the hards so he could finish with the lighter car on mediums too. Horrible weekend. Can’t see anyone catching RB. They are in another league at the moment. AM MB and Fer all going to be 2nd best at different tracks IMO. The RB pace is mind blowing
The only thing i can think off is that the crash damaged the floor so they reverted to the older one

F1NAC

Venturiation wrote:
07 May 2023, 23:15
bluechris wrote:
I like what Leclerc is doing but as we saw today you cannot count to the Italians after a crash to give back the same car. His car was a bumping disaster today so if i was him i would had second thoughts of goinf too much over the limit again.

Seriously… can you stop with that concept BS? every other post you complain about concept?

Venturiation
Venturiation

F1NAC wrote:
07 May 2023, 23:39
Venturiation wrote:
bluechris wrote:

Seriously… can you stop with that concept BS? every other post you complain about concept?
There is a big problem with tyre deg why is everyone pretending it's fine?
They've been like this since last year

chrisc90

Venturiation wrote:
07 May 2023, 23:34
Vinlarr89 wrote:
07 May 2023, 23:17
The only thing i can think off is that the crash damaged the floor so they reverted to the older one
Would have been a pitlane start for change of specification. So the floor was the same as he entered Quali with.

Big Tea

F1NAC wrote:
07 May 2023, 23:39
Venturiation wrote:
bluechris wrote:

It could equally be 'finger in the fire complex' with the driver knowing last time he did that it hurt so is more careful this time, and slower
When arguing with a fool, be sure the other person is not doing the same thing.

Vinlarr89
Vinlarr89

Don’t think tyre deg was a big problem for Ferrari today. Sainz had good pace on the medium, but clearly fell off on the hard. Leclerc had some issues. I also though maybe they had reverted to the old floor but then realised they would have had to start from pit lane… either that or his setup was geared too heavily towards quali and was miles off on full fuel load. Either way his pace on the first stint was not great, and lap after lap he was struggling I’m certain micro sectors. I can’t see anyone closing the gap on RB. Hope I’m wrong

Alonsismo
Alonsismo

sainz said that trying the undercut and going the first 3-4 laps of the hard stint, made his tyres have deg and overheat.

this car is very unpredictable in terms of performance with wind and different compounds.

but still a good race for sainz with a very good performance in the firs stint, he was very fast and tied with alonso

bluechris

We all saw with our eyes Leclerc's car jumping all over in the race, especially when it went lower on fuel. In what part of Fp1,2,3,Q you saw this behavior in the car?
Thats why i said what i said about the team did something wrong when fixing it. After all you cannot change the setup of the car and only parts with the same settings. Fia is there watching this stuff.

Xyz22
Xyz22

Vinlarr89 wrote:
07 May 2023, 23:57
Don’t think tyre deg was a big problem for Ferrari today. Sainz had good pace on the medium, but clearly fell off on the hard. Leclerc had some issues. I also though maybe they had reverted to the old floor but then realised they would have had to start from pit lane… either that or his setup was geared too heavily towards quali and was miles off on full fuel load. Either way his pace on the first stint was not great, and lap after lap he was struggling I’m certain micro sectors. I can’t see anyone closing the gap on RB. Hope I’m wrong
Of course no one will close the gap on RB. They have higher DWF, higher straight line speed, excellent tyre management, etc.

As i said Ferrari and Mercedes did a terrible job this winter. This is why the gap is so big.

Check out Leclerc and Sainz faces at the end of the race. They were shocked.