2023 - McLaren Formula 1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
CjC
CjC

Re: 2023 - McLaren Formula 1 Team

Ground Effect wrote:
16 May 2023, 15:30
CjC wrote:
16 May 2023, 14:00
Are there any planned upgrades coming in Imola for Mclaren or do we need to wait till Canada and Silverstone as stated previously by Ground Effect?
Stella mentioned small bits that had been signed off about a month or 2 ago would be brought to Imola.
Thanks so we shouldn’t expect to see anything major like some are predicted to bring?
Just a fan's point of view

Ground Effect
Ground Effect

CjC wrote:
16 May 2023, 18:11
Ground Effect wrote:
CjC wrote:
Are there any planned upgrades coming in Imola for Mclaren or do we need to wait till Canada and Silverstone as stated previously by Ground Effect?
Stella mentioned small bits that had been signed off about a month or 2 ago would be brought to Imola.
Thanks so we shouldn’t expect to see anything major like some are predicted to bring?
Seems that way. Alpha Tauri, Alfa Romeo, Mercedes and to probably a lesser degree, Ferrari seem to be the headliners.
Stella didn't mention what parts this small bits would be. but prior to his departure, James Key had mentioned the floor to be more mature by Imola. I don't know if he was referring to physical modifications or just understanding and unlocking of performance.
Q: (Stefano Mancini – La Stampa) Kimi, will you help Vettel to win his championship this year?
Kimi Raikkonen: I can only drive one car, obviously. 
@2018 Singapore Grand Prix drivers press conference.

mwillems

CjC wrote:
16 May 2023, 18:11
Ground Effect wrote:
CjC wrote:
No not yet. Stella did announce the races that would receive upgrades before the summer break, and why.

Canada and Silverstone will receive the upgrades with Austria sitting in between those races. Stella described both of these upgrades as bigger than Baku, which was very interesting since he also said that Baku was a 2-3 tenth gain on that track.

I suppose that what you might consider key in his statement is what is big about the upgrades, it might be that each upgrade is worth two tenths but that the impact on how to set up and drive the car is big, or indeed that the sheer number of parts requires a lot of correlation, or it could be that the time gained is also bigger than Baku for each major upgrade. It's probably best to expect 3 tenths for those 2 upgrades together but quietly hope for a little more, either way, it feels like these upgrades will make some ground up on some of the teams around us. We know that the upgrade in Silverstone includes a new floor.

With Austria being a sprint race and these upgrades being much bigger, he does not want to bring them when they don't have a chance to tune them hence Austria will not receive the upgrades.

https://euro.eseuro.com/sports/336378.html
I'm not taking advice from a cartoon dog

-Bandit

mclaren111

PhillipM
PhillipM

Breaking my haitus just a little to say some of the team/staff have been told they'll be moving hotels to more out of the way areas, both out of risk and to make sure the emergency services don't have to cover even more people/VIPs when they're already struggling.
Not looking too promising for the race weekend.

ort895
ort895

PhillipM wrote:
17 May 2023, 12:10
Breaking my haitus just a little to say some of the team/staff have been told they'll be moving hotels to more out of the way areas, both out of risk and to make sure the emergency services don't have to cover even more people/VIPs when they're already struggling.
Thank you for the info. Shame but safety comes first obviously.

Lucky
Lucky

Grand Prix cancelled

Lucky
Lucky

mwillems

PhillipM wrote:
17 May 2023, 12:10
Ahh so you're just Turtle Heading ;)

Thanks for the info, it's a surprise to hear that the emergency infrastructure is not able to cope with it all , it's good that Mclaren have considered what they can do to put others first.

Edit: Since you're around, what can you tell us about these upgrades...?? 😂😂😂
Edit 2: Only just saw the there is flooding, that one passed me by, race has now been cancelled.
Last edited by mwillems on 17 May 2023, 15:08, edited 1 time in total.
I'm not taking advice from a cartoon dog

-Bandit

mclaren111

One Race Less for us not scoring points... :D :D

AR3-GP
AR3-GP

mclaren111 wrote:
17 May 2023, 14:38
but it's one of Lando's best if not best circuits :lol:
A lion must kill its prey.

Mclarenfanboy
Mclarenfanboy

Just cancel the season, victory over Alpine is ours. :lol: :lol: :lol:
They did not stand a chance 8) :D

Mclarenfanboy
Mclarenfanboy

But on the serious note, my God , poor people in Italy, Slovenia and Croatia, terrible weather, lives lost, cancelation of an F1 race is the least of concerns at the moment

CjC
CjC

Mclarenfanboy wrote:
17 May 2023, 16:58
But on the serious note, my God , poor people in Italy, Slovenia and Croatia, terrible weather, lives lost, cancelation of an F1 race is the least of concerns at the moment
Correct. It’s awful news.
I’m glad they have cancelled the race, it’s the least they could do.
I don’t think I’d feel comfortable watching the race on TV with hardly any fans there and also knowing people lives and livelihoods had been ruining only but a few miles away☹️
Just a fan's point of view

mclaren111

AR3-GP wrote:
17 May 2023, 15:59
mclaren111 wrote:
17 May 2023, 14:38
but it's one of Lando's best if not best circuits :lol:

Even he can't do much with our sh*t car at the moment... After summer break maybe... [-o< [-o<