2023 Aston Martin | Aramco | Cognizant F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
zoroastar

Re: 2023 Aston Martin | Aramco | Cognizant F1 Team

i wonder where those ferrari fans, that were in here during testing, have been lately?

zoroastar

abhi1200 wrote:
16 May 2023, 19:17
https://www.motorsport-magazin.com/form ... -upgrades/
Aston Martin is not planning a major upgrade package for the Emilia-Romagna Grand Prix at Imola. Instead, the Formula 1 team relies on small updates. as per website

Amus was reporting a month ago that their first major upgrade would be Imola, with smaller updates coming before then. since both sources seem to be picking and choosing different quotes from the team, i guess we will have to wait and see. except for the fact that no team will be bringing updates to imola this weekend, i guess well have to wait for barcelona or silverstone anyway haha

KimiRai
KimiRai

Motorsport Italy: (it's two weeks old, but no one has mentioned it)

We do not know how different the heat dissipation capacity of the Mercedes F1 M14 E Performance power unit is compared to that of the Honda RBPT H001, but the visible differences appeared quite clear. In truth, Red Bull has a slot that vents the hot air from the radiators mounted above the 6-cylinder turbo, in the continuation of the fin of the engine hood."

It seems clear that the teams are working to direct the hot air outlets in areas that can less affect the efficiency of the rear and, in particular, the rear wing and the beam wing, two very important elements in creating performance when opening the mobile wing.

According to rumors filtering from Aston Martin, Fallows' aerodynamicists are also studying a substantially closed "green" to reduce the car's drag and improve top speeds, which remain the most lacking aspect of the project.

makecry
makecry

I am getting a bit wary about the lack of upgrades. There was talk of an upgrade package at Imola but now it's going to be small upgrades. There was talk of substantial and aggressive development plan but we havent really seen any signs of it. I really hope the car was not a fluke especially seeing early comments about how they were surprised at how easy it was to find the gians they did.

diffuser

makecry wrote:
21 May 2023, 08:02
I am getting a bit wary about the lack of upgrades. There was talk of an upgrade package at Imola but now it's going to be small upgrades. There was talk of substantial and aggressive development plan but we havent really seen any signs of it. I really hope the car was not a fluke especially seeing early comments about how they were surprised at how easy it was to find the gians they did.
They have been switching buildings.

AR3-GP
AR3-GP

diffuser wrote:
21 May 2023, 10:54
makecry wrote:
That's really not an excuse is it? Moving from 1 factory to the other is a half day event. The design office isn't laying the concrete are they?
A lion must kill its prey.

diffuser

AR3-GP wrote:
21 May 2023, 14:24
diffuser wrote:
21 May 2023, 10:54
makecry wrote:
That's really not an excuse is it? Moving from 1 factory to the other is a half day event. The design office isn't laying the concrete are they?
At a minimum, they have 2 new carbon fiber ovens in the new building. They were gonna refurbish the 2 old ones in the old building so they would have 4. Maybe something went wrong with that...who knows whatever other manufacturing tools they might have had issues with....Maybe it was the plan all Along to not have new parts in May.

I always look at development as a film of the year. What we see at the track is a snapshot of that film from atleast 8 weeks prior. Development cost is static, manufacturing costs are variable to the number of snapshot of the film you make a year. The longer you hold off, the more development the snapshot will include and the more snapshot you'll have left for the remainder of the year.

NAPI10
NAPI10

makecry wrote:
It will also depend on the team's vision/goal for this season.
At the time of the launch, there was talk of '2/3rd' of car change but AM was not fully confident in the potential of the car. There is a possibility of goal change after looking at the competitiveness of cars.
AM might be aiming for 'Best of the Rest' at the beginning of the season; now they might aim for 2nd or 3rd & switch early for 'Season 24' to challenge Redbull.
Chasing Redbull this year might not be technically possible due to some of the shortcomings of the car. All they can do is optimize the package without too many radical changes.

AR3-GP
AR3-GP

NAPI10 wrote:
21 May 2023, 17:34
makecry wrote:
At the time of the launch, there was talk of '2/3rd' of car change but AM was not fully confident in the potential of the car. There is a possibility of goal change after looking at the competitiveness of cars.
Good point. They could have thought the car would be more problematic than it has turned out to be, considering how they started last year...

makecry
makecry

NAPI10 wrote:
makecry wrote:
AM might be aiming for 'Best of the Rest' at the beginning of the season; now they might aim for 2nd or 3rd & switch early for 'Season 24' to challenge Redbull.
Chasing Redbull this year might not be technically possible due to some of the shortcomings of the car. All they can do is optimize the package without too many radical changes.
Eh.. 2024 regulations are stable, what they bring on track right now directly translates into performance next year,

AR3-GP
AR3-GP

makecry wrote:
21 May 2023, 23:12
NAPI10 wrote:
makecry wrote:
Eh.. 2024 regulations are stable, what they bring on track right now directly translates into performance next year,
If the 2024 car has new ideas to close the gap to Red Bull, then it might not be possible to work them into the 2023 car. Mercedes said as much about their 2022 car going into 2023 (and are saying it about the '23 car going into '24).

makecry
makecry

AR3-GP wrote:
21 May 2023, 23:22
makecry wrote:
NAPI10 wrote:

If the 2024 car has new ideas to close the gap to Red Bull, then it might not be possible to work them into the 2023 car. Mercedes said as much about their 2022 car going into 2023 (and are saying it about the '23 car going into '24).
Right but there is something not adding up. They were very vocal about an aggressive development plan. Makes me wonder if they have hit a wall.

diffuser

makecry wrote:
22 May 2023, 00:01
AR3-GP wrote:
makecry wrote:

Right but there is something not adding up. They were very vocal about an aggressive development plan. Makes me wonder if they have hit a wall.
There is some low lieing fruit that even I see that they could do. They're very conservative on the beam wing development. The sidepod out wash, AMR does a big swoop while RBR does it in 3 steps(swoop, swoop, swoop vs swoooooooooop).

Anyways we'll see soon enough spain is 2 weeks away and anything helps top speed is useless at Monaco.

ali623
ali623

makecry wrote:
22 May 2023, 00:01
AR3-GP wrote:
makecry wrote:

How so? Mercedes haven't really brought anything yet either I don't think? Ferrari have brought a few upgrades but are still clearly behind AM.

The most recent race in Miami, Alonso outqualified both Merc/Ferrari and was faster again in the race. No point in getting worried unless those two suddenly jump ahead.

-wkst-
-wkst-

Ferrari was only behind because of an error prone (LEC) / slow (SAI) driver pairing in qualfying. Race is another thing.

I am worried, because if others get their act together, Ferrari with their drivers and Mercedes with their updates, maybe we see a 7-8 qualifying in Monaco and even if they are the 2nd best team in the race, they are stuck...

Noone knows what updates they had for Imola, Mercedes however will bring them to Monaco. Would not wonder me if AM delays their updates until Barcelona.