2023 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Xyz22
Xyz22

Re: 2023 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team

Juzh wrote:
27 May 2023, 14:17
Xyz22 wrote:
27 May 2023, 13:37
Sevach wrote:
27 May 2023, 13:32
Should've brought the new suspension...
There is no new (real) suspension.

Leclerc was almost losing the car in the swimming pool every lap. Embarrassing after a year of development.
They'll raise the car a bit and it'll be fine. RB had same problem in fp1 when they were trying over the top stuff.
RB has a much bigger working window. Ferrari usually loses a lot of performance when they do that. It's understeery city.

Leclerc said he is way less comfortable with the car this year and one of the biggest differences is with kerbs and elevation changes. The car is "boucing" a lot and it's extremely difficult to be consistent.

By the way, he'll probably get a penalty thanks to the embarrassing work done by the Team, as usual.

Macklaren
Macklaren

Crazy that after all this scrutiny the Ferrari pit wall is not improving. Blame fully falls on the team for not being aware of traffic in qualifying at the most traffic sensitive track at the calendar... Unfortunately Charles and Lando pay the price. Shocking

f1316
f1316

Kick in the gut in terms of the grid penalty. When everyone - including Lando. - agrees that Charles couldn’t have done anything differently, it’s crazy that the team cost him grid positions. You could argue it should be a team penalty (eg constructors points) rather than driver but either way, not acceptable. Imagine if he had got pole (and it was only a tenth away)!

I had been pretty sanguine about the performance - maybe the car wasn’t quite there but it was good enough to be in the fight. It was a fairly promising performance. Such a shame to lose any prospect of victory (however slight) with this penalty.

AR3-GP
AR3-GP

f1316 wrote:
27 May 2023, 21:13
Kick in the gut in terms of the grid penalty. When everyone - including Lando. - agrees that Charles couldn’t have done anything differently, it’s crazy that the team cost him grid positions. You could argue it should be a team penalty (eg constructors points) rather than driver but either way, not acceptable. Imagine if he had got pole (and it was only a tenth away)!
The team and driver both benefit when impeding happens regardless of who is to blame, so the team and driver should be penalized if it materially affects the outcome.

F1NAC

Just remove Xavi.

Vinlarr89
Vinlarr89

Leclerc must be loosing his mind. How many times are these mistakes going to cost him a place here and there!

dialtone
dialtone

The 2 race engineers really are bad. 2 seasons of this mediocrity is a bit too much, I’m all for patiently improving but there need to be signs of improvement and there are none.

If they cannot keep up the priority list of tasks in quali then give them some help with tools that remind them what to check for during quali and practice.

Sainz has also been aborting laps left and right since Australia, it’s now time he just takes the back position to stop impeding his teammate.

None of this would be happening anyway with better race engineers.

scuderiabrandon

I blame Stroll for the incident between LEC and NOR

Blud is in P14 whilst Alonso is less than a tenth off pole. Had he been there the incident wouldn't have happened.

Sevach
Sevach

Another example of Xavi incompetence, focus on things you can control, you can tell Charles about Verstappen's lap after he parks the car.

Shal_Leg16
Shal_Leg16

I can imagine both drivers must be so fed up / frustrated with these things and then they talk about driver mistakes.

No doubt Max has great talent but i just wonder what believe (in himself & team ) and confidence he must be experiencing everytime he stepsup in that car sply knowing how spot on they are to help him win from 10th,14th etc. compare that to Leclerc and Sainz, these two must be so tensed not knowing wht sh*t they would get served every race weekend.

aleks_ader

Leclerc need to grew some balls. He need said "seeya later aligator" to the his engineer. But he is nice guy. Sadly if Fred doesn't do his due diligence Charles will not. At least for now.

I can believe with age he will gather some experience when he will realize (maybe even too late in carer) that nice guys don't win WCs.
"And if you no longer go for a gap that exists, you're no longer a racing driver..." Ayrton Senna

aleks_ader

Shal_Leg16 wrote:
28 May 2023, 06:19
I can imagine both drivers must be so fed up / frustrated with these things and then they talk about driver mistakes.

No doubt Max has great talent but i just wonder what believe (in himself & team ) and confidence he must be experiencing everytime he stepsup in that car sply knowing how spot on they are to help him win from 10th,14th etc. compare that to Leclerc and Sainz, these two must be so tensed not knowing wht sh*t they would get served every race weekend.
Yeah thats why Vettel crumpled in 2018. I would say systematic issue of lack of competence and responsibility stems in racing engineering department even from there.
"And if you no longer go for a gap that exists, you're no longer a racing driver..." Ayrton Senna

Xyz22
Xyz22

Ferrari 2023 season sum up

AR3-GP
AR3-GP

:lol: :lol:

Schippke
Schippke

Sainz getting angry… have to say I agree; On the hard tyres, just should’ve stayed out and run them as long as possible and hope for a safety car or something…

Just another day of Ferrari strategy calls…