Red Bull RB5

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
djos

Re: Red Bull RB5

ESPImperium wrote:Britian Chassis:

Webber: RB5-02
Vettel: RB5-04 (New chassis) No more Kate or Kates Dirty Sister for Vettel.
is that cause Vettel broke Kates Dirty Sister in Monaco (riding her a bit too hard :mrgreen: )?
"In downforce we trust"

djos

Ok folks, straight from the press Conference we have this comment from Ross Brawn regarding RedBull Racing:
Q: (Mike Doodson - Grandprix.com) This statement from the FIA seems extremely provocative to me. Are any of you aware of any developments that could prejudice the running of this race meeting this weekend or the remaining races in the championship?

Whitmarsh: No and I think as we said earlier we have not actually seen any detail at the moment. We heard on the way here and I can't personally imagine anything that is going to prejudice this weekend and the rest of this season. Certainly that is not the intention, I am sure, of any of the teams represented here or any other teams within FOTA. I think we owe it to the public and the fans to put on as good a show as we can here this weekend and that is what we are going to be concentrating on doing. There is a great championship. Unfortunately we are not participating as closely in it as I would like but the two gentlemen behind* are involved in I think an interesting championship and we on the lower steps here have to make sure that we try and drag ourselves as close to that as we can.

Brawn: Can I just say I hope something does prejudice this weekend as they are too quick. I think we are going to have trouble this weekend.
:mrgreen:

*Ross and Christian
"In downforce we trust"

di44ety
di44ety

ESPImperium
ESPImperium

djos wrote:
ESPImperium wrote:Britian Chassis:

Webber: RB5-02
Vettel: RB5-04 (New chassis) No more Kate or Kates Dirty Sister for Vettel.
is that cause Vettel broke Kates Dirty Sister in Monaco (riding her a bit too hard :mrgreen: )?
He used Kates Dirty Sister in Istanbul. Need to find 04s name now. Webber will probably have 05 coming in the next race.

Shrek
Shrek

Red Bull has now become the 2nd ugliest car (only to Renault in opinion only) at least its faster.
Spencer

MattF1
MattF1

Shrek wrote:Red Bull has now become the 2nd ugliest car (only to Renault in opinion only) at least its faster.
If the RB5 is as good as it appeared earlier it will never be ugly to me.

MattyT
MattyT

Shrek wrote:Red Bull has now become the 2nd ugliest car (only to Renault in opinion only) at least its faster.
I might be a bit biased (Massive Webber fan :) ) But I reckon it's still one of the nicest. The packaging around the rear still looks great, and the nose is neither here nor there, I actually prefer it to the old one.

djos

MattyT wrote:
I might be a bit biased (Massive Webber fan :) ) But I reckon it's still one of the nicest. The packaging around the rear still looks great, and the nose is neither here nor there, I actually prefer it to the old one.
I reckon the new nose et al on the rb5 look superb - I must confes it took me seeing it on tv before I liked it as it looked a bit odd in pics.
"In downforce we trust"

wrcsti
wrcsti

They did paint it well and it hid the uglyness of the nose.

tk421

I think it's the best looking car in the field, particularly when viewed from behind because, compared to the other cars, all the rear bodywork is sooo low and streamlined. I also think they have the most attractive livery, and well the whole thing just looks beautiful to me including the new nose. I think it's the most unique-looking car in the paddock as well.
I really hope they can keep this sort of pace up so the championship isn't over with four races remaining...
Best regards. I guess this explains why I'm not at my post!

jamsbong
jamsbong

I just finish watching the onboard footage of the British GP. From the videos it is clear that the first few corners, these red bulls can attack the corner full on. 1st corner, corpse, no downshift; maggots and 3rd corner, full on power and finally at becketts, they would downshifts.

Brawns, Ferraris had to downshift 1 gear at corpse and go through the following series of corners with care. The poor mclarens even have to downshift 2 gears to get through corpse!

Seems to me that on the high speed corners, the Red bull appears to be in the class of their own. Is hard to say how well the RB5 deals with the slow corners. It seems that the driver has more influence in the slower corners.

ISLAMATRON

Did webber go thru copse full throttle? He was pretty cloe behind RB, I would think that would disturb his air enough for him to have to lift, same with all the other cars you mentioned... Vettla was the only car with clean air... and maybe Sutil coming out of the pits.

BreezyRacer
BreezyRacer

ISLAMATRON wrote:Did webber go thru copse full throttle? He was pretty cloe behind RB, I would think that would disturb his air enough for him to have to lift, same with all the other cars you mentioned... Vettla was the only car with clean air... and maybe Sutil coming out of the pits.
Webber said that when he was behind RB that he went into fuel conserving mode. Thus I doubt he was full throttle. He made up two laps of fuel during that stint. Pretty impressive IMO.

ISLAMATRON

BreezyRacer wrote:
ISLAMATRON wrote:Did webber go thru copse full throttle? He was pretty cloe behind RB, I would think that would disturb his air enough for him to have to lift, same with all the other cars you mentioned... Vettla was the only car with clean air... and maybe Sutil coming out of the pits.
Webber said that when he was behind RB that he went into fuel conserving mode. Thus I doubt he was full throttle. He made up two laps of fuel during that stint. Pretty impressive IMO.
But surely at the start of the race if he could pressure RB he would have, especially thru copse... was he able to maintain full throttle there is the question, from a standing start I would think all the cars could, but then full tanks and cold tires must be put into the equation, was well as the before mentioned disturbed air.

KevlarUSA
KevlarUSA

Hi there, I have a question for those familiar with carbon composite layup.
What kind of material is Red Bull using on their car? I'm referring to the bare floor material that has the checkerboard weave to it. I've never seen this style before.