2023 Aston Martin | Aramco | Cognizant F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Michelangelo
Michelangelo

Re: 2023 Aston Martin | Aramco | Cognizant F1 Team

Harder tyres this weekend and pretty low track temp very much neutralize strong ways of that Aston.

edit: hard tyres worked pretty well for Fernando though. because of the lighter car or holding pace before? Weird race.
Last edited by Michelangelo on 04 Jun 2023, 16:21, edited 1 time in total.

NAPI10
NAPI10

PinkFloydPulse wrote:
04 Jun 2023, 15:17
what's up with ALO? his pace is nowhere...

EDIT: I think that was it from AM rise this season...
Here comes doomsday mongers #-o

KimiRai
KimiRai

Hard tyre seems to be working a little better. Was it setup?

PinkFloydPulse

NAPI10 wrote:
04 Jun 2023, 16:11
PinkFloydPulse wrote:

Hopefully not, but let's be realistic here... Merc seems to be the faster car... And it's not always going to be super hot and sunny for AMs tire saving to work...
Team Fernando!

NAPI10
NAPI10

Have they chose wrong set-up ? Race pace is completely disappear.

KimiRai
KimiRai

Fernando is now not attacking kerbs because I guess he thinks team will want to maintain positions, but he's still catching Lance so we'll see what they do

NAPI10
NAPI10

KimiRai wrote:
04 Jun 2023, 16:17
Fernando is now not attacking kerbs because I guess he thinks team will want to maintain positions, but he's still catching Lance so we'll see what they do
So much Love in this team :lol: :lol: :lol:

KimiRai
KimiRai

Fernando eased to 2.1 and then pushed for a lap, maybe to check what was his pace advantage over Lance, he was 0.6s faster so that's interesting

max_speed
max_speed

Embarassing display. Falling behind in development race as expected. Everything gained durings winters will be thrown away by summer.

NAPI10
NAPI10

PinkFloydPulse wrote:
04 Jun 2023, 16:16
NAPI10 wrote:
04 Jun 2023, 16:11
PinkFloydPulse wrote:

Hopefully not, but let's be realistic here... Merc seems to be the faster car... And it's not always going to be super hot and sunny for AMs tire saving to work...
I will take this rather much positively. This race will give them good amount data where they gone wrong & areas to improve. This race will also push Technical team to get those upgrades faster.
Nothing is lost here. Even if AM slide to P3 or P4 ; they will gain advantage in terms of 'Wind Tunnel' time. It's more valuable then price money.

KimiRai
KimiRai

max_speed wrote:
04 Jun 2023, 16:34
Embarassing display. Falling behind in development race as expected. Everything gained durings winters will be thrown away by summer.
Both Krack and Fernando warned at the start of the season that there will be races where they finish p5 and p6 and that's okay, no need to be that depressive. You have to look at the positives, at least there will be more windtunnel time.

Despite Barcelona being a good test track that extrapolates performance well over the season (although that might not be so much the case now with less slow corners), De la Rosa said during the Spanish broadcast that the lack of pace here could be a one time thing. So unless I'm reading too much into it that means they expect to be better in Canada. You can't only support on the good days.

max_speed
max_speed

KimiRai wrote:
04 Jun 2023, 16:41
max_speed wrote:
04 Jun 2023, 16:34
Both Krack and Fernando warned at the start of the season that there will be races where they finish p5 and p6 and that's okay, no need to be that depressive. You have to look at the positives, at least there will be more windtunnel time.

Despite Barcelona being a good test track that extrapolates performance well over the season (although that might not be so much the case now with less slow corners), De la Rosa said during the Spanish broadcast that the lack of pace here could be a one time thing. So unless I'm reading too much into it that means they expect to be better in Canada. You can't only support on the good days.
If you start as 2nd atleast finish as second , that requires staying ahead of competition in developing car. Extra Windtunnel time is not a positive what they achieve using it is. They are going backwards. I understand this year is foundational but this year should be used to develop winning habits. Fast pace development, good strategy calls, consistent pit stops. Winning in F1 is not easy and competition is tough and judging from today they are slipping behind

Chanman141
Chanman141

Not the best race but I'm sure we'll come back stronger in Canada. I think I heard one of the Sky sports commentators mentioning that's the next "big" upgrade for them

Bisonas

Weird Race.
2 sets of used softs, trying to do the best of them, and one set of new hards, with 10 laps full pace, and then cruising behind stroll.
Obviously it was something that was discussed from before. I don't know. That's my guess.
Alonso got close to Lance, and told his engineer "Tell lance not to worry, i am just building a gap (behind me), in case of rain" So that makes me think, it was all discussed from before the race.
Something like, "If lance is forced to pit early to cover someone, and i end up behind him in the final parts of the race, much faster with fresher rubber, if we have no-one to chase in front, i will just stay behind lance. "

Other than that, the pace of Mercedes was worrying. very low deg on softs, and better race pace for most of the race.
Interesting to see how the battle between AMR and Mercedes will develop.
Canada has different characteristics so will tell us more about AMR and Mercedes upgraded cars.

AMG.Tzan

I was expecting a much better race than that when considering how good they have been on their tires since the start of the season!

But Stroll looked quick at first, Alonso looked nowhere on the contrary but came alive at the end! Though this is just one track favoring certain car characteristics they surely need upgrades sometime soon…otherwise I don’t see them ending up above 4th in the constructors championship!
"The only rule is there are no rules" - Aristotle Onassis