2023 Oracle Red Bull Racing F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
organic

Re: 2023 Oracle Red Bull Racing F1 Team

I'm expecting the floor upgrade (3 tenths ish according to rumours from earlier in the season which have added up so far) to come at austria or silverstone
AR3-GP wrote:
04 Jun 2023, 21:40

Max said Saturday (or Friday was it?), that they have a new floor coming
Any idea where he said that?

chrisc90

How GP manages to keep control of Max through a race is nothing short of extra-ordinary. Both reading from the same page all race.
organic wrote:
04 Jun 2023, 22:04
I'm expecting the floor upgrade (3 tenths ish) to come at austria or silverstone

I wonder if the floor kick we seen this week on the edge is part of that development plan. They could introduce a small, maybe defining, feature a few GP's early to understand how the air flow would be directed to another part of the floor and tweak the updated version to suit.

AR3-GP
AR3-GP

organic wrote:
04 Jun 2023, 22:04
I'm expecting the floor upgrade (3 tenths ish according to rumours from earlier in the season which have added up so far) to come at austria or silverstone
AR3-GP wrote:
04 Jun 2023, 21:40

Max said Saturday (or Friday was it?), that they have a new floor coming
Any idea where he said that?
He says it more or less here:
https://www.gpblog.com/en/news/210830/v ... nyway.html
The fact that the Red Bull floor cannot simply be copied and then put under another Formula 1 car is not the only reason why Verstappen is not worried. "In the end, I don't think it matters very much. This is our floor now, but in a few races we will have a new floor again. That one will be completely different again. It won't matter that much," said the championship leader.
It tracks with Horners "later into the season" remark from today. My guess is that it will arrive at Silverstone. They brought upgrades to Silverstone last year.

It's not the first time that Max leaked some RB intel. Last year he told us about the new chassis (which was mothballed).
A lion must kill its prey.

Sieper

That GP can deal with Max, and how positive he always stays, but strict too. That is just incredibly good. I am a big fan of Max, but he does what he wants. GP still knows how to deal with that. Really good guy.

AR3-GP
AR3-GP

RB discuss the conservative tire strategy in Spain:
After the race team principal Christian Horner said the decision had been “a bit on the conservative side” and arose from concerns over how well the C3 would hold up. “We were concerned that the soft tyre would degrade quite quickly and could put you on the cusp of a three-stop [strategy].

“So we were a little bit more conservative with Max. And with Checo, we felt that it would give him longer range to make better use of the pace of the car and that indeed that played out pretty well for him later in the race.”
https://www.racefans.net/2023/06/04/why ... as-rivals/

organic

a little bit conservative :lol: they definitely had the suboptimal strategy today.

mendis
mendis

AR3-GP wrote:
05 Jun 2023, 03:13
After the race team principal Christian Horner said the decision had been “a bit on the conservative side” and arose from concerns over how well the C3 would hold up. “We were concerned that the soft tyre would degrade quite quickly and could put you on the cusp of a three-stop [strategy].

“So we were a little bit more conservative with Max. And with Checo, we felt that it would give him longer range to make better use of the pace of the car and that indeed that played out pretty well for him later in the race.”
They had all the data on Softs from FP2. So it's not like they didn't know how good the Softs was going to be. They either attempted one stop or wanted to go longer on each stint to counter rain if it would arrive.

mendis
mendis

At what point Marko and Christian are going to give an earful to Perez? With a car like that, finishing 4th is a sin no matter where he started on a circuit that was conducive for overtaking. He should forget about the championship and try bringing 1-2 every race and focus on doing a clean job.

AR3-GP
AR3-GP

I have some reservations on whether or not anything has actually changed for Checo between last year and this year. The way the calendar is laid out may have allowed for some misleading conclusions to be drawn too soon. Performances in Miami, Australia, and Spain are reminiscent of last year. Baku, Jeddah, and Bahrain are circuits which have historically been favorable to him across many seasons and many different iterations of RB, and force india.

Cassius
Cassius

mendis wrote:
05 Jun 2023, 03:37
AR3-GP wrote:

They had all the data on Softs from FP2. So it's not like they didn't know how good the Softs was going to be. They either attempted one stop or wanted to go longer on each stint to counter rain if it would arrive.
It is just like in Merc's dominant years. Hamilton was often on the conservative strategy.
Max had the speed to be on the safe side.
I think Max was not really happy in his first two stints. Maybe the wind cought them out. He didn't have enough front end on his mediums and his left front was giving up sooner than during fp2. Also he didn't like the hards: they were sliding and overheating while braking. In hindsight he should have been on the same strategy as Mercedes.

Cassius
Cassius

Cassius wrote:
05 Jun 2023, 10:53
mendis wrote:
05 Jun 2023, 03:37
AR3-GP wrote:

It is just like in Merc's dominant years. Hamilton was often on the conservative strategy.
Max had the speed to be on the safe side.
I think Max was not really happy in his first two stints. Maybe the low temps cought them out. He didn't have enough front end on his mediums and his left front was giving up sooner than during fp2. Also he didn't like the hards: they were sliding and overheating while braking. In hindsight he should have been on the same strategy as Mercedes.

organic

<2s is getting closer

organic

https://www.gpblog.com/en/news/210944/f ... -bull.html
I spent all night trying to convince Horner to stay with us. That cost us a lot of extra millions," Marko said
Adrian Newey has also been in demand for years. The aerodynamics genius has been building race-winning cars for decades and should make Ferrari a championship-winning team. But Italian millions were not enough to win over the British engineer either. "The then Ferrari boss, Luca di Montizemelo, was already cheering in the paddock. But we still managed to change his mind that night," says Marko

AR3-GP
AR3-GP

organic wrote:
05 Jun 2023, 15:03

<2s is getting closer
Let me guess, it was for Perez. :lol:

chrisc90

There'll be another Nerf coming in if RB manage to crack 2 seconds and can keep it consistent. :lol: