2023 Oracle Red Bull Racing F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
mendis
mendis

Re: 2023 Oracle Red Bull Racing F1 Team

Wouter wrote:
11 Jun 2023, 14:49
mendis wrote:
11 Jun 2023, 13:06
They can replace Devries with Daniel at AT after a couple of races and let him set into competitive mode again and see if he has lost his speed. If he turns out to be consistently faster than Yuki and with some impressive results, then he is good to get into RB team for next year and move Perez to AT. Then they can see if they still want to keep Yuki or go with Liam.
Helmut Marko recently said that Ricciardo was a lot slower than Max and Perez in the simulator at Milton Keynes.
How much slower he wouldn't say, but Perez didn't have to worry about being replaced by Ricciardo.
It was Horner that remarked that Daniel has picked up some bad techniques, which wasn't the case when he was driving for them in the past. I guess it's entirely possible that he has tried to adjust to those less accomplished cars that he drove the past few years and has his mind tuned to do certain different things that aren't necessary for the RB cars. He was a highly rated and a talented driver and that wouldn't vanish because of the past few years elsewhere. May be good amount of time being spent in RB simulator would help him iron those out back. Even at this stage, I am sure he would be faster and better race driver than Perez. I hope he gets another chance. He might not beat Max, but he would surely be an upgrade on Perez.

TNTHead

mendis wrote:
11 Jun 2023, 16:10
Wouter wrote:
mendis wrote:
They can replace Devries with Daniel at AT after a couple of races and let him set into competitive mode again and see if he has lost his speed. If he turns out to be consistently faster than Yuki and with some impressive results, then he is good to get into RB team for next year and move Perez to AT. Then they can see if they still want to keep Yuki or go with Liam.
Helmut Marko recently said that Ricciardo was a lot slower than Max and Perez in the simulator at Milton Keynes.
How much slower he wouldn't say, but Perez didn't have to worry about being replaced by Ricciardo.
It was Horner that remarked that Daniel has picked up some bad techniques, which wasn't the case when he was driving for them in the past. I guess it's entirely possible that he has tried to adjust to those less accomplished cars that he drove the past few years and has his mind tuned to do certain different things that aren't necessary for the RB cars. He was a highly rated and a talented driver and that wouldn't vanish because of the past few years elsewhere. May be good amount of time being spent in RB simulator would help him iron those out back. Even at this stage, I am sure he would be faster and better race driver than Perez. I hope he gets another chance. He might not beat Max, but he would surely be an upgrade on Perez.
Could well be, but we now also have ground effect cars which are driven a bit differently. I don't know but it may be that Ricciardo has some difficulties adapting to these cars.

Rushu

mendis wrote:
Wouter wrote:
mendis wrote:
He is referring to this of Marko (more recent).

Helmut Marko has also noted that he is "not at their level" when in direct comparison against Max and Checo in the simulator."

mendis
mendis

Rushu wrote:
12 Jun 2023, 06:25
mendis wrote:
Wouter wrote:

Helmut Marko has also noted that he is "not at their level" when in direct comparison against Max and Checo in the simulator."

ttps://twitter.com/redbulletin/status/1661419035215396880
It is understandable isn't it? Going into a completely new car simulator of a new generation regulation isn't going to be easy. Bad technical habits needs time in ironing out. My only point is, Daniel was and is a far more talented driver than Perez and as such a much better bet than bringing anyone else in the RB team.

If RB wants a backup talent to cover any remote (possibly non existent) chance of Max leaving, then they should focus on the likes of Charles, Lando or George. I don't know if they have another Vettel or Max in their junior ranks. By hanging on to likes of Devries and Yuki isn't going to help finding one.

PlatinumZealot

RedBull drivers tend to reach their peaks mid-career and drop like a rock thereafter. I can't really see Daniel returning to the form he once had.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

Racing Green in 2028

Bill
Bill

PlatinumZealot wrote:
12 Jun 2023, 07:29
RedBull drivers tend to reach their peaks mid-career and drop like a rock thereafter. I can't really see Daniel returning to the form he once had.
rebull drivers are not unique they are not of a special genetype

mendis
mendis

PlatinumZealot wrote:
Give an example of another academy's drivers as a reference. Like Bill said above, they aren't some different species. It's just different level of talents. As proved by a certain 7 time WDC, a driver can't perform if the equipment is not up to the mark (even cry of body pain) or not to one's liking and can get beaten by a young driver.

Wouter

At the age of 25, Max Verstappen is a two-time F1 champion who seems to be heading for his third title in 2023 with ease.
However, in a recent interview, the Dutchman once again expressed that he does not see a record-breaking career in Formula 1
ahead of him.

In an interview with The Times, Verstappen once again reveals his doubts about a long F1 future. Speaking to the newspaper, the Red Bull driver read out the title of a column by former F1 driver Timo Glock. Glock wrote: "At 25 years old, Verstappen can achieve anything. The question is whether he wants to." Verstappen responded, "Yes, exactly that." The Dutchman emphasises the word can.

Asked if Verstappen is still worried about anything in Formula 1, he says: "Nothing anymore. “Initially, when I got into Formula One, what worried me was: will I get a car that allows me to show what I can do out there? Luckily I got into that position. Say it all goes to --- now? Whatever — I’ve already done everything I want to do in Formula One."
https://www.gpblog.com/en/news/213084/v ... in-f1.html
The Power of Dreams!

organic

PlatinumZealot wrote:
While I find it difficult to reason why, you make a good point and agree wrt Daniel regaining his performance

Big Tea

organic wrote:
12 Jun 2023, 13:58
PlatinumZealot wrote:
While I find it difficult to reason why, you make a good point and agree wrt Daniel regaining his performance
I think maybe the RBR needs a very specific style of driving to get the most out of it, as was the case with Seb and having to keep throttle on in the corners during blown defuser, which is maybe not a natural way to go fastest.

If they 'lose the knack' it could well be very difficult to readjust as it would seem the wrong thing to do.
When arguing with a fool, be sure the other person is not doing the same thing.

Wouter

Rushu wrote:
12 Jun 2023, 06:25
mendis wrote:
Wouter wrote:

No, I was not referring to that Twitter message.
I was referring to a German site where I read it.
"Helmut round": Ricciardo not on the level of Verstappen and Perez

Helmut Marko is satisfied with the job Daniel Ricciardo is doing as a test driver and advertising medium, but in terms of speed
he is only number 3 at Red Bull.

Ricciardo also seems to have lost some of his former driving qualities. In a direct comparison with Max Verstappen and Sergio Perez
in the simulator, he is "not on their level," says Red Bull motorsport consultant Helmut Marko in a detailed interview
on the YouTube channel of Formel1.de. https://youtu.be/isPZLUK4OIc

However, Marko is reluctant to reveal how much Ricciardo loses to Verstappen and Perez on the infamous "Helmut lap,"
which is Red Bull's internal simulator benchmark between drivers: "Those are internal details."

Today, Ricciardo is obviously comfortable in his new role as test driver and advertising medium, assures Marko:
"He's doing a very good job, doing a lot of marketing and PR activities." A role that is tailor-made for him with his cheerful disposition.
But as of today, it seems doubtful whether he can return to the Red Bull cockpit.
https://www.motorsport-total.com/formel ... z-23052411
The Power of Dreams!

PlatinumZealot

organic wrote:
12 Jun 2023, 13:58
PlatinumZealot wrote:
Yes. It sounds like a broad brush but it can be argued when one looks at the life cycle of a RedBull driver.

They start very young in juniour series where there are put under extreme pressure to perform.

They join Alfa tauri in the "bubble" where there are only compared against other RedBull drivers.

They are pushed, pulled and yanked by Marko if they survive catapulted into a top flight seat, under the microscope again.

If rumours are true they undergo forced driving "training" to learn to drive a Newey car in a certain fashion. They get used to this and then lose their sense of feel in other cars.

Expose them to other (fast) drivers in other cars and if they are slower their entire world view starts crumbling and the deccline begins....
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

Racing Green in 2028

Wouter

Oracle Red Bull Racing
12 jun 2023 #GivesYouWings​​​ #F1​​​ #AlinghiRedBullRacing

Jump aboard on the AC75 where Max Verstappen swapped Grand Prix racing on land for the F1 at sea: The America's Cup.
Watch Max learn the ropes with skipper Arnaud Psarofaghis and the Alinghi Red Bull Racing America's Cup team.
See how the teams are preparing with the help of Red Bull Advanced Technologies, who are using their F1-grown expertise
in aerodynamics, composites, software and simulation to help the Swiss team succeed.

The Power of Dreams!

dans79

https://www.crash.net/f1/news/1028744/1 ... it-mclaren
Horner:
Usually when somebody leaves the team we tell them to --- off, with Rob it’s a little bit different. He’s a good guy and he’s just going on to a new challenge.
I'm sure his HR, PR, & recruiting departments are overjoyed with him about this commentary!
201 105 104 9 9 7

mzso
mzso

mendis wrote:
Wouter wrote:
mendis wrote:
I have doubts. He may have clicked with those cars well, but today's Red Bull is much different. I don't think he's versatile. Would probably struggle as much or more as Perez.