2023 Oracle Red Bull Racing F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
AR3-GP
AR3-GP

Re: 2023 Oracle Red Bull Racing F1 Team

organic wrote:
15 Jun 2023, 18:12
AR3-GP wrote:
15 Jun 2023, 18:10
organic wrote:
15 Jun 2023, 18:09
Looks like checo and max may have different wing levels on the cars for fp1 again. Medium for checo and high for max I think
Interesting. It sounds like the simulator predictions are too close. I think it would be logical to go with the high downforce spec. There are 3 DRS zones here and a threat of rain.
Yep when RB are in situation with large margin to field you can give up some pure performance to make car better in rain or to protect from certain SC/VSC situations.

The 1-stopper was also marginal here last year (Leclerc managed it whilst others two stopped). May be advantageous to have greater rear df to protect tyres and have the option of a 1-stop.

Even if on paper slower than medium df the high df seems like a good option to me.

So far compared to rb18, the rb19 is way happier with the higher downforce setups. I remember even at zandvoort last year the car still was not good with the high df wing and the medium wing was chosen whilst everyone else was running high df.
The balance issues with the max df rear wing may have stemmed from the car being chronically overweight last year.
A lion must kill its prey.

PlatinumZealot

Wouter wrote:
15 Jun 2023, 08:46
PlatinumZealot wrote:
15 Jun 2023, 02:58
Wouter wrote:
14 Jun 2023, 15:04

I hope this is a joke. Every driver in every team has to teach himself how to perform as well as possible with the car.
No driver training is given by anyone anywhere! #-o
New Formula 1 fan I see!!

Driver training is a thing. It's just not talke about much. Do a teeny bit of research and you will learn.
:lol: :lol: :lol: #-o

Please feel free to provide any links to a reliable article from a team about driver training for their F1 drivers.
Thanks in advance.
For real?! :shock:

Driver training includes but is not limited to:
1) health nutrition
2) sports psychology
3) physical training
4)Driver coaching - telemetry & simulator (feedback on brake points, lines etc with engineer and driver. remember radio ban? )
5) Driver coaching - old school

Redbull has all of these in place and more for it's drivers. Marko Remarked how Ricciardo basically took up bad driving habbits and was physicslly weaker ; thus has to be retrained in the redBull way.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

Racing Green in 2028

organic

Max talks about the car briefly here. First he's talked about how easy it is to set the rb19 up. Seems Baku missteps helped him & team understand best approach to a weekend.

With so many sprint weekends and many of them coming up soon this bodes well

Wouter

PlatinumZealot wrote:
16 Jun 2023, 02:27
Wouter wrote:
PlatinumZealot wrote:

Driver training is a thing. It's just not talke about much. Do a teeny bit of research and you will learn.

Please feel free to provide any links to a reliable article from a team about driver training for their F1 drivers.
Thanks in advance.

1) health nutrition
2) sports psychology
3) physical training
4)Driver coaching - telemetry & simulator (feedback on brake points, lines etc with engineer and driver. remember radio ban? )

Redbull has all of these in place and more for it's drivers. Marko Remarked how Ricciardo basically took up bad driving habbits and was physicslly weaker ; thus has to be retrained in the redBull way.
This answer is NOT what I asked for.
This is what you said:
PlatinumZealot wrote:
13 Jun 2023, 01:53
Yes. It sounds like a broad brush but it can be argued when one looks at the life cycle of a RedBull driver.

They start very young in juniour series where there are put under extreme pressure to perform.

They join Alfa tauri in the "bubble" where there are only compared against other RedBull drivers.

They are pushed, pulled and yanked by Marko if they survive catapulted into a top flight seat, under the microscope again.

If rumours are true they undergo forced driving "training" to learn to drive a Newey car in a certain fashion. They get used to this and then lose their sense of feel in other cars.

Expose them to other (fast) drivers in other cars and if they are slower their entire world view starts crumbling and the deccline begins....
You were talking about: driving "training" to learn to drive a Newey car in a certain fashion.

Your answer now is about the normal drivers training EVERY driver on the grid has to do.

Where is the link to your statement that there is a special Newey car drivers training? I'm still waiting.
The Power of Dreams!

PlatinumZealot

Wouter wrote:
16 Jun 2023, 09:05
PlatinumZealot wrote:
Wouter wrote:

Thanks in advance.

1) health nutrition
2) sports psychology
3) physical training

This answer is NOT what I asked for.
This is what you said:
PlatinumZealot wrote:
13 Jun 2023, 01:53
Yes. It sounds like a broad brush but it can be argued when one looks at the life cycle of a RedBull driver.

They start very young in juniour series where there are put under extreme pressure to perform.

They join Alfa tauri in the "bubble" where there are only compared against other RedBull drivers.

They are pushed, pulled and yanked by Marko if they survive catapulted into a top flight seat, under the microscope again.

If rumours are true they undergo forced driving "training" to learn to drive a Newey car in a certain fashion. They get used to this and then lose their sense of feel in other cars.

Expose them to other (fast) drivers in other cars and if they are slower their entire world view starts crumbling and the deccline begins....
You were talking about: driving "training" to learn to drive a Newey car in a certain fashion.

Your answer now is about the normal drivers training EVERY driver on the grid has to do.

Where is the link to your statement that there is a special Newey car drivers training? I'm still waiting.
So if you ask for it that means it must be given to you? Okay King Charles! :wink:
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

Racing Green in 2028

dxpetrov
dxpetrov

organic wrote:
15 Jun 2023, 18:09
Looks like checo and max may have different wing levels on the cars for fp1 again after it previously happened in canada. Medium df for Checo and high df for Max I believe
Make that medium DF for Max and low DF for Checo. The photo you referring to is misleading as it's at closer vantage point than for the other teams. They used medium wing (albeit with slightly different profile for the main wing) last year as well. I guess they want to test lower DF config to see how it goes. Last year they were under threat from Sainz whole race...

Curbstone
Curbstone

PlatinumZealot wrote:
Wouter wrote:
PlatinumZealot wrote:

Thanks in advance.

1) health nutrition
2) sports psychology
3) physical training

For real, this is what you come up with?
Where is any article? Where is the special Newey-car driving academy in your list?
This is just a generic list, and none of it seems to address 'learning how to drive a Newey-car'.

PlatinumZealot wrote:
16 Jun 2023, 12:37

So if you ask for it that means it must be given to you? Okay King Charles! :wink:
You think it's ridiculous you are asked to back up your claim?
I'd say the other way around would be ridiculous, and has no place on a forum.

CMSMJ1
CMSMJ1

Please keep your civility - the content of the posts above are really not relating to this Team thread - however, it would be interesting to bottom out the statement - rightly challenged - about the "specific training in Newey Cars"

Let's not be bloody rude about it..and if no evidence, file it in your nonsense folder and move on... Just because it is the internet, you don't have to actually argue
IMPERATOR REX ANGLORUM

AR3-GP
AR3-GP

I didn't hear much if any complaints about the car from Max during FP2.
A lion must kill its prey.

organic

AR3-GP wrote:
17 Jun 2023, 00:20
I didn't hear much if any complaints about the car from Max during FP2.
Indeed, but outlook from fp2 is that this is the worst RB19 we have seen all season I would say.
Verstappen after Friday in Canada: "We know the limitations of our car and didn't have a great day, driving over the bumps and the curbs. We'll see what we can improve." #F1
Others are neck-and-neck (Lec, Alo) and the car is not terribly happy

Let's see if they can pull their overnight setup wizardry as has been done previously, but as Max said it may be a car limitation at this track

mendis
mendis

Why was Max complaining about upshifts? Is that an old gear box or is it a design issue?

I guess they are using their first PU for Fridays now. They took the second set in Barcelona. That's why I guess the top speeds were slightly lower than competition in race sims.

TNTHead

mendis wrote:
17 Jun 2023, 06:47
Why was Max complaining about upshifts? Is that an old gear box or is it a design issue?

I guess they are using their first PU for Fridays now. They took the second set in Barcelona. That's why I guess the top speeds were slightly lower than competition in race sims.
I heard him complaining about downshifts instead of upshifts. May be the much complained behaviour of the car under braking would even be code language for: ERS regeneration is a bit too aggressive.

Sieper

I don’t know if that is code language? That is always the compromise right. So Max will prefer a better downshift feel over more harvesting. They will need to find the ideal balance together and this was the input for that.

chrisc90

They have plenty of options to fine tune the downshifts before racing and through the steering wheel. I imagine the base mapping is mostly done through practice sessions and can be fine tuned marginally in the race if needed. Seen it many times when Max has complained and GP has said use the tools to sort the problem/niggles.

mzso
mzso

Just_a_fan wrote:
16 Jun 2023, 01:02
mzso wrote:
15 Jun 2023, 19:51
Just_a_fan wrote:
15 Jun 2023, 10:58
And indeed whilst the March 881 (the car pictured) was reasonably successful, the following year's car - the March CG891 - wasn't. It was unreliable and not that competitive. So Newey's first car (the 881) was good, the next one wasn't. He was fired by March and ended up working with Head at Williams. That was the move that cemented his reputation. Patrick Head was a great TD and led a great team that included Newey, Lowe, Hamidy and others.
Ummm. Leyton-House is written on the car.
Leyton House was the sponsor. The car's manufacturer was March. So called because the principles were Max Mosely, Alan Rees, Graham Croaker, Robin Herd.
Sorry if that is a surprise to you. But the name on the side doesn't mean much, historically.

It's a shame that one has to explain these things to the DTS generation.
No clue what DTS is. But right now Alfa Romeo isn't referred to as Sauber, for example.