2023 Oracle Red Bull Racing F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
mzso
mzso

Re: 2023 Oracle Red Bull Racing F1 Team

organic wrote:
17 Jun 2023, 00:33
Indeed, but outlook from fp2 is that this is the worst RB19 we have seen all season I would say.
Verstappen after Friday in Canada: "We know the limitations of our car and didn't have a great day, driving over the bumps and the curbs. We'll see what we can improve." #F1
Or maybe they fueled that car for both friday practices and they didn't burn up most of the fuel yet...

chrisc90

The pace on the medium looked better than anyone else. .7 to Mercedes and hard to tell with the AMR's as they did very little running on the medium at the end. Ferrari looked the closest with Charles and Max trading tenths between laps on the longer Medium running.

Little bit skewed really as RB did their soft running at the start and the medium at the end where everyone else did pretty much the opposite apart from AMR who seemed to do a longer run on the soft to start.

Why this differs is anyone's guess, unless this was more to do with the timings of Qualifying and FP2 so temperatures more likely to be closer, especially with the track/air cooling down with the storm incoming on yesterdays FP2 session, so softer running earlier on might be more representative for quali.

Imagine we will see a 1 stopper tomorrow like last year with the Medium-hard tyre.

PlatinumZealot

Curbstone wrote:
16 Jun 2023, 13:22
PlatinumZealot wrote:
16 Jun 2023, 02:27
Wouter wrote:
15 Jun 2023, 08:46

:lol: :lol: :lol: #-o

Please feel free to provide any links to a reliable article from a team about driver training for their F1 drivers.
Thanks in advance.
For real?! :shock:

Driver training includes but is not limited to:
1) health nutrition
2) sports psychology
3) physical training
4)Driver coaching - telemetry & simulator (feedback on brake points, lines etc with engineer and driver. remember radio ban? )
5) Driver coaching - old school

Redbull has all of these in place and more for it's drivers. Marko Remarked how Ricciardo basically took up bad driving habbits and was physicslly weaker ; thus has to be retrained in the redBull way.
For real, this is what you come up with?
Where is any article? Where is the special Newey-car driving academy in your list?
This is just a generic list, and none of it seems to address 'learning how to drive a Newey-car'.

PlatinumZealot wrote:
16 Jun 2023, 12:37

So if you ask for it that means it must be given to you? Okay King Charles! :wink:
You think it's ridiculous you are asked to back up your claim?
I'd say the other way around would be ridiculous, and has no place on a forum.
Do you know what a driver development programme consists of and the tools that are in it? They aren't only used on young drivers. Perez utilized such resources in 2021 and 2022 to train for driving the RedBull how it needs to be driven. Not sure why I need to post links for widely known information. My original comment, if you had read it properly, is that it rumoured their drivers a "forced" to use these tools. I can't be bothered to post links for people who don't read carefuly, it goes nowhere.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

Racing Green in 2028

napoleon1981
napoleon1981

PlatinumZealot wrote:
17 Jun 2023, 17:24
Curbstone wrote:
PlatinumZealot wrote:

1) health nutrition
2) sports psychology
3) physical training
4)Driver coaching - telemetry & simulator (feedback on brake points, lines etc with engineer and driver. remember radio ban? )

Redbull has all of these in place and more for it's drivers. Marko Remarked how Ricciardo basically took up bad driving habbits and was physicslly weaker ; thus has to be retrained in the redBull way.
Where is any article? Where is the special Newey-car driving academy in your list?
This is just a generic list, and none of it seems to address 'learning how to drive a Newey-car'.

PlatinumZealot wrote:

So if you ask for it that means it must be given to you? Okay King Charles! :wink:
Do you know what a driver development programme consists of and the tools that are in it? They aren't only used on young drivers. Perez utilized such resources in 2021 and 2022 to train for driving the RedBull how it needs to be driven. Not sure why I need to post links for widely known information. My original comment, if you had read it properly, is that it rumoured their drivers a "forced" to use these tools. I can't be bothered to post links for people who don't read carefuly, it goes nowhere.
When not providing credible links about these rumours and the "forced nature" of the training. It seems like you are trying to create said rumours, rather than speak to them.

chrisc90

To be fair, you did say there was a school/programme to drive a ‘newey car in a certain fasgoon’

I don’t think it’s fair to make claims and when people ask for references to this ‘rumour’ to say it’s lazy for people to not read your comment right.

Plenty of people would be interested in these rumours and where they started…. If they didn’t come from yourself

AR3-GP
AR3-GP

Max complaining about downshifts again...
A lion must kill its prey.

Wouter

PlatinumZealot wrote:
17 Jun 2023, 17:24
Curbstone wrote:
PlatinumZealot wrote:

1) health nutrition
2) sports psychology
3) physical training

PlatinumZealot wrote:
Do you know what a driver development programme consists of and the tools that are in it? They aren't only used on young drivers. Perez utilized such resources in 2021 and 2022 to train for driving the RedBull how it needs to be driven. Not sure why I need to post links for widely known information.

My original comment, if you had read it properly, is that it rumoured their drivers a "forced" to use these tools.
I can't be bothered to post links for people who don't read carefuly, it goes nowhere.
Your original comment was: " ... they undergo forced driving "training" to learn to drive a Newey car in a certain fashion."

And that is complete nonsense. It is just a rumour from yourself, that why you can't give a link.
I can't be bothered to post links for people who don't read carefuly, it goes nowhere.
:lol: :lol: :lol: #-o
The Power of Dreams!

hollus

Guys, if all you do is fighting each other... please just don't. The rest are not interested.
Rivals, not enemies.

chrisc90

hollus wrote:
17 Jun 2023, 20:37
Guys, if all you do is fighting each other... please just don't. The rest are not interested.
No real 'fighting' to be fair. People have asked for the statement/rumour/comment to be backed up with links and evidence.

As CMSMJ1 said: the content of the posts above are really not relating to this Team thread - however, it would be interesting to bottom out the statement - rightly challenged - about the "specific training in Newey Cars"

hollus

And what is to change with 6th challenge on the same question?
It would have been interesting, but it is not forthcoming. Signal, noise and all that.

Moving on, please.
Rivals, not enemies.

organic

I think Perez has failed to make Q3 as many times as making it to Q3 this season. Two Q1 exits and two Q2 exits. He also has not made it to Q3 for three races in a row.

If the form continues there will be serious considerations about 2024, especially with Yuki's rise in form

aleks_ader

Maybe he gets canned in middle of season. LOL

Anyway KUDOS to Max and whole operation. Ticking clock. RESPECT
"And if you no longer go for a gap that exists, you're no longer a racing driver..." Ayrton Senna

AR3-GP
AR3-GP

organic wrote:
17 Jun 2023, 23:44
I think Perez has failed to make Q3 as many times as making it to Q3 this season. Two Q1 exits and two Q2 exits. He also has not made it to Q3 for three races in a row.

If the form continues there will be serious considerations about 2024, especially with Yuki's rise in form
Yuki? I'm thinking Hulkenberg.

AR3-GP
AR3-GP

aleks_ader wrote:
17 Jun 2023, 23:46
Maybe he gets canned in middle of season. LOL

Anyway KUDOS to Max and whole operation. Ticking clock. RESPECT
Yep, when I saw the rain, I was more certain for the Max pole. It was the dry where it looked like Ferrari would trouble them and honestly, I think they might still have a **** dry setup here. He wasn't able to beat Albon's time in Q2 when he went on the softs...
Last edited by AR3-GP on 17 Jun 2023, 23:50, edited 2 times in total.

Juzh

What do we think for perez tomorrow? P5 is probably the most, and that will already be hard enough. Dude's just not got the pace, you can just see it the way he drives so tentatively all the time.