2023 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
ing.

Re: 2023 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team

scuderiabrandon wrote:
18 Jun 2023, 04:41
FW17 wrote:
18 Jun 2023, 04:36
Charles Leclerc paying the price for having Mattia fired.
Everyone is paying for the mess Binotto assembled, the car is a POS, the technical team look lost, the strategist are mediocre, terrible management and communication. Binotto in 4 years won 7 races, Horner in 5 years had a championship winning team.
+1 and add to all that getting the team involved in cheating accusations.

maxxer
maxxer

What a mess this every session impeding other cars only 10th and 11th what is wrong with them

IntrinsicVoid
IntrinsicVoid

The best driver did such a “amazing” lap in Q3 while the car shows more performance on this track. Also he crashed in P2. That’s why he’s the best 😎

But in all seriousness, you can’t expect that drivers will show true performance while the team is eating ice cream and have abysmal reactions and strategies. Not to mention the car, that we know already aswell.
Last edited by IntrinsicVoid on 18 Jun 2023, 15:32, edited 1 time in total.

Vanja #66

Sainz' Q3 lap and the lack of awareness and respect for other drivers in the final chicane are simply appaling. I want to say someone in the team should talk to him about it, but everyone else is dropping the ball just as bad #-o
And they call it a stall. A STALL!

#DwarvesAreNaturalSprinters
#BlessYouLaddie

scuderiabrandon

I don't know what Leclerc's options are in the short-medium term in terms of switching teams, quite frankly I think there are zero. I personally believe switching teams before the big changes in 2026 is not the right thing to do either.

-No proof of AMR returning to this level of success in consecutive seasons, also in the short term I believe there to be no seat available either. If Aston Martin were serious they'd be building a team around a much younger driver since I believe FA14 wont be there for another 10 years.
-Even if he was considered for a seat at RB, they have their #1 driver cemented until '28 and because of that they probably aren't willing to pay top dollar for him either. He is not a priority at RB in my opinion.
-No seat at MB in short and medium term, I believe hamilton will continue to do atleast one year in the next reg set if MB continue moving forward.

And after all that we still don't know who will come up with what during the next reg set. I believe, as much as I hate to say this in the teams current state, Ferrari is his best option. I hope to be proven wrong in the coming years. The only postive outcome in this very dire situation is the worse it gets the bigger his next pay check becomes.

Andres125sx

Vanja #66 wrote:
18 Jun 2023, 15:31
Sainz' Q3 lap and the lack of awareness and respect for other drivers in the final chicane are simply appaling. I want to say someone in the team should talk to him about it, but everyone else is dropping the ball just as bad #-o
Sainz lack of respect for other drivers? OMG, you know...

1- It´s the engineer who must say if a fast car is coming when the driver is waiting for a gap to start the lap. There´s no zoom in the mirrors, if a car is coming 500m back at 300kmh while you´re almost stopped, it´s not possible to see it in the mirrors until it´s too late, your engineer must tell you. Let alone on a wet track with reduced visibility

2- Did you notice a car (not sure if a haas or Alfa) passed Carlos when they both were waiting for a gap to start the fast lap, wich is within the rules, but normally drivers respect track position in that situation, so he forced Carlos to move out of the line, delay his lap start and that was the reason for the impeding? That is the driver who showed lack of respect for other drivers, for Carlos exactly, not the other way around

3- It was a tight situation with around 7-8 seconds for the checkered flag, so only two options, go for the lap even if you block someone, or move out of the line even if you can´t do your own lap. Do you think moving out of the line and be eliminated in Q1 was a better option for Carlos? #-o

Deserved penalty anycase as Gasly lap was ruined, but accusing Sainz of lack of respect for other drivers, and even saying he´s appaling, when he could do little or nothing to prevent it, IMHO is a baffling overreaction

Specially when at the same time most people not even mention Lecrerc mistake this Q sesion, wich IMHO was a lot more severe as he failed to do a good enough lap with inters, despite 3 drivers went to Q3 using only inters in Q2, but in this case people only blame the team for not switching to slicks soon enough... ok that´s true, as it is that Hamilton, Russel and Alonso went to Q3 using only inters in Q2, so it´s obvious Lecrerc could have do it much better

organic

I don't think the appalling block was the one he was penalized for. There was an instance in Q2 where sainz was cutting back to the racing line as Albon was passing at full tilt and they came very close to hitting one another. This happens a lot with sainz, these pseudo-blocks. He does not leave enough room. The potential for disaster with this driving is huge

101FlyingDutchman
101FlyingDutchman

organic wrote:
18 Jun 2023, 17:29
I don't think the appalling block was the one he was penalized for. There was an instance in Q2 where sainz was cutting back to the racing line as Albon was passing at full tilt and they came very close to hitting one another. This happens a lot with sainz, these pseudo-blocks. He does not leave enough room. The potential for disaster with this driving is huge
This exactly. And I like Sainz but this has happened quite a bit. Even in his McLaren days. I don’t think it’s good enough and as you point out, frankly dangerous

bluechris

Let's hope for a clean start between the 2 team drivers today at least..

Vanja #66

bluechris wrote:
18 Jun 2023, 17:45
Let's hope for a clean start between the 2 team drivers today at least..
As long as Sainz doesn't repeat Australia... Hopefully he won't eat too many chilli peppers this time.

organic wrote:
18 Jun 2023, 17:29
+1 (the old fashioned way)
And they call it a stall. A STALL!

#DwarvesAreNaturalSprinters
#BlessYouLaddie

CRazyLemon
CRazyLemon

Xyz22 wrote:
18 Jun 2023, 13:21
LM10 wrote:
18 Jun 2023, 11:24
Charles must be totally fed up with the horrible strategy team. I have no words for them denying Charles Softs despite it being a no-brainer after seeing Albon’s performance. But even before that Charles had the right feeling and wanted to change.
It's pointless to blame someone at this point. It's the entire Team. No one, even the best of the best, could perform in such an environment.
Quite a few drivers put the softs on the same time as Leclerc and put in laps to take them into Q3. Leclerc can be rightfully angry he didn't get the softs when he said, but as a Ferrari fan he was also no good during Q2.

scuderiabrandon

Feel like they are going to put the harder compound considering the starting positions and the pace on that tyre will be nowhere. I hope this, decent friday bad saturday worse sunday thing doesn't become a regular thing.

mzso
mzso

scuderiabrandon wrote:
18 Jun 2023, 13:05
mzso wrote:
18 Jun 2023, 08:56
scuderiabrandon wrote:
18 Jun 2023, 04:34
https://twitter.com/_ProjectF1/status/1 ... 89024?s=20

a 3 lap window for the softs, CL made the right call 100%, the issues for Ferrari started when they didn't listen to their driver, whilst GP was constantly asking Max' thoughts on the conditions and what tyre he thinks is best.
How do you measure qualifying in laps? That's just silly.
What would you like it to be measured in, minutes? Would you rather have it say "Albon pitted at minute x and peaked at minute y and the window was z minutes big???
Time is definite. Laps are meaningless. Might be completely different for everyone and it's just nonsensical to say that something happened in the Nth lap.

mzso
mzso

scuderiabrandon wrote:
18 Jun 2023, 16:22
I don't know what Leclerc's options are in the short-medium term in terms of switching teams, quite frankly I think there are zero. I personally believe switching teams before the big changes in 2026 is not the right thing to do either.
I don't think it's zero. We don't know how attached RB is to Perez. Or whether Hamilton/Alonso wants to continue for much longer.

mzso
mzso

Andres125sx wrote:
18 Jun 2023, 14:25
Second Q in a row when the fastest driver don´t make Q3 while the second driver make it

Pointing fingers this time to not switching to softs, previous GP pointing fingers to some mistery car damage wich was never confirmed.

But, didn´t several drivers make Q3 with inters in Q2? Yes, they did, only that Lecrerc lap on inters wasn´t good enough. Even Lecrerc admit this:
Charles Lecrerc wrote:I didn’t do a good job, there were many of us with this plan, and in the end, I didn’t succeed compared to the others
https://scuderiafans.com/charles-lecler ... ne-better/
Did you see the lap? I didn't, I don't think anyone did, so we don't know what was that lap like.
Also, when were Ferrari drivers allowed to be honest? What they said in interviews are meaningless.
Andres125sx wrote:
18 Jun 2023, 14:25
Disclaimer: just trying to put some perspective,
Also known as unconditional Leclerc bashing, as usual...