2023 Oracle Red Bull Racing F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Bill
Bill

Re: 2023 Oracle Red Bull Racing F1 Team

organic wrote:
17 Jun 2023, 23:44
I think Perez has failed to make Q3 as many times as making it to Q3 this season. Two Q1 exits and two Q2 exits. He also has not made it to Q3 for three races in a row.

If the form continues there will be serious considerations about 2024, especially with Yuki's rise in form
he won three races matching Max for pace but now he has been out of q3 for three consecutive races something does not add up.either his spirit is broken or something with car.Horner statements are not helpful like now the pressure is off ....

Sieper

Bill wrote:
17 Jun 2023, 23:51
organic wrote:
17 Jun 2023, 23:44
I think Perez has failed to make Q3 as many times as making it to Q3 this season. Two Q1 exits and two Q2 exits. He also has not made it to Q3 for three races in a row.

If the form continues there will be serious considerations about 2024, especially with Yuki's rise in form
he won three races matching Max for pace but now he has been out of q3 for three consecutive races something does not add up.either his spirit is broken or something with car.Horner statements are not helpful like now the pressure is off ....
Max is always up to speed very quickly. I have been watching his every meter on track in F1 and that has always been the case. If you do not have that, and Checo does not, then these changing conditions are super tough. They are anyway but that is where you see an enormous difference. Perez also said he had a Alfa Romeo in front of him in his best chance timed lap on the softs.

chrisc90

Perez should be comfortable topping the practice sessions (i know its non representative) and within the top 3 at qualifying. Starting to get a little concerned over his performance now, especially with the cars behind making inroads on the RB. The fact he's had poor performances so recently certainly wont have gone un-noticed by those higher up in the team.

organic

Juzh wrote:
17 Jun 2023, 23:49
What do we think for perez tomorrow? P5 is probably the most, and that will already be hard enough. Dude's just not got the pace, you can just see it the way he drives so tentatively all the time.
He starts p11 I think with sainz and Leclerc directly in front. I am not confident he will clear Sainz at any point nor do I think he'll be able to overtake Charles, the mercs or Alonso so I'm thinking p6 or p7

napoleon1981
napoleon1981

Perez has struggled in all wet/cold/drying track sessions. He just cant seem to build tire temp. Monaco was an error, but australia, spain and canada, its jsut the same issue, and it has always been there during his RB time. Its just that we hadd many wet sessions in short order which makes it seem he has forgotten how drive. He will be back in second when its dry and warm. Its interesting to see that he cant seem to fix the issue..... no improvement nothing.

mendis
mendis

Juzh wrote:
17 Jun 2023, 23:49
What do we think for perez tomorrow? P5 is probably the most, and that will already be hard enough. Dude's just not got the pace, you can just see it the way he drives so tentatively all the time.
Some folks were saying, "if Red Bull provides equal opportunity" he can beat Max. Seems like even if RB are providing it, weather isn't interested in him and serving conditions biased towards Max. :lol:

mzso
mzso

aleks_ader wrote:
17 Jun 2023, 23:46
Maybe he gets canned in middle of season. LOL

Anyway KUDOS to Max and whole operation. Ticking clock. RESPECT
Why would he get fired? He's the ideal teammate, pick up points for the team, but can't challenge the primary driver.

Wouter

Shame of the three places grid penalty for Hulkenberg. What a great picture!

Front row today again.

The Power of Dreams!

Ferry
Ferry

mzso wrote:
18 Jun 2023, 09:12
Why would he get fired? He's the ideal teammate, pick up points for the team, but can't challenge the primary driver.
The Mercs could become a threat for constructors during the year. With such a good car, RB should really win it comfortably. Still many races to go. With the Mercs and Alonso edging closer they will pick points off Checo more regularly. Max is pace wise safe in front, but things can happen. Conditions, collisions, reliability etc. RB looks safe now with 287 vs 152 points, but that can change.

AR3-GP
AR3-GP

Max said on radio that the circuit didn't suit them and that they couldn't get temp into the tires, no grip.
A lion must kill its prey.

chrisc90

Still not happy with Perez. Dropping 11seconds to sainz on a slower tyre.

Something is wrong.

AR3-GP
AR3-GP

chrisc90 wrote:
18 Jun 2023, 21:48

Something is wrong.
I think the car in general was not ideal for this circuit or the cooler conditions. Even Max was struggling to keep temp in his tires.

mendis
mendis

AR3-GP wrote:
18 Jun 2023, 21:49
chrisc90 wrote:

Something is wrong.
I think the car in general was not ideal for this circuit or the cooler conditions. Even Max was struggling to keep temp in his tires.
But then this is happening race after race. It happened in Australia then Spain and now in Canada. He doesn't know how to do a recovery drive. He is like the way Bottas was at Mercedes. Looked decent starting on pole, but then total crap when out of front row.

AR3-GP
AR3-GP

mendis wrote:
18 Jun 2023, 21:52
AR3-GP wrote:
18 Jun 2023, 21:49
chrisc90 wrote:

Something is wrong.
But then this is happening race after race. It happened in Australia then Spain and now in Canada. He doesn't know how to do a recovery drive. He is like the way Bottas was at Mercedes. Looked decent starting on pole, but then total crap when out of front row.
Australia was also cooler than usual. Spain, he came pretty far. Here was again cold tires. I'm not saying he's going to be on Max's pace anytime soon, but as soon as RB can't get temp into the tires, Perez will be very vulnerable because Perez's driving style doesn't put enough heat in the tires.

Wouter

Red Bull gives you wins! 🏆

100 of them! @redbullracing
score their 100th Grand Prix victory, a truly monumental achievement!

#CanadianGP #F1

Last edited by Wouter on 19 Jun 2023, 12:11, edited 2 times in total.
The Power of Dreams!