2023 Aston Martin | Aramco | Cognizant F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
alonsofan
alonsofan

Re: 2023 Aston Martin | Aramco | Cognizant F1 Team

I love the confidence of Alonso..."Copy. Leave it to me"

alonsofan
alonsofan

KimiRai wrote:
18 Jun 2023, 04:10
organic wrote:
18 Jun 2023, 02:47
Alonso starts P2 tomorrow. With a lightning start and assuming Friday was somewhat representative it could be interesting
He was also going to put it P2 were it not for the red flag, his lap was only 4 tenths slower than Max after the 2nd sector (which was purple) but the red flag screwed him, thankfully the result is still the same anyways.

Hopefully tomorrow the engine doesn't explode or he doesn't run out of fuel or a lightning strike doesn't land on him.
:lol: :lol: :lol: He was about to run out of fuel... :cry:

NAPI10
NAPI10

How did the new upgrade work here? Any signs of improvement over RB?

diffuser

alonsofan wrote:
18 Jun 2023, 21:31
KimiRai wrote:
organic wrote:
18 Jun 2023, 02:47
Alonso starts P2 tomorrow. With a lightning start and assuming Friday was somewhat representative it could be interesting
He was also going to put it P2 were it not for the red flag, his lap was only 4 tenths slower than Max after the 2nd sector (which was purple) but the red flag screwed him, thankfully the result is still the same anyways.

Hopefully tomorrow the engine doesn't explode or he doesn't run out of fuel or a lightning strike doesn't land on him.
Don't think it was a fuel problem....lots of lift and coast. Pretty much started after he passed Hamilton.

Alonso Fan

diffuser wrote:
18 Jun 2023, 21:59
alonsofan wrote:
KimiRai wrote:

Don't think it was a fuel problem....lots of lift and coast. Pretty much started after he passed Hamilton.
Rear brakes according to sky
SHR Modding
Youtube
Twitter
Discord

Sound Developer for Reiza Studios
Sound Modder for Assetto Corsa

Alonsismo
Alonsismo

alonso is god.

again

Egresi Tamás
Egresi Tamás

Krack on German Sky:

▶️ No brake problem! There was a fear it was a failure in the fuel system but in the end it was OK.

▶️ People just need to wait 2-3 races with predictions if the team gained on RB

alonsofan
alonsofan

Alonsismo wrote:
18 Jun 2023, 22:24
alonso is god.

again
Yup. He had brought the gap to Verstappen below 4 sec with 20 laps to go

max_speed
max_speed

I am sure aston threw away a win. Alonso had to pit 2nd time a bit early to cover hamilton and when he came on hards. Game was on. He was closing in and gap went down to 3.9 from 5.5 seconds and 25 laps were left. I felt thats it day is here then came dreaded msg to lift & coast and alonso said on radio let me know when can go full again want to win and then they kept nursing till 9 laps were left. Seriouslyyy looks like procedure error they must have under fuelled him. Opportunity wasted but alonso covered the team well in interviews

AR3-GP
AR3-GP

max_speed wrote:
19 Jun 2023, 02:27
I am sure aston threw away a win. Alonso had to pit 2nd time a bit early to cover hamilton and when he came on hards. Game was on. He was closing in and gap went down to 3.9 from 5.5 seconds and 25 laps were left. I felt thats it day is here then came dreaded msg to lift & coast and alonso said on radio let me know when can go full again want to win and then they kept nursing till 9 laps were left. Seriouslyyy looks like procedure error they must have under fuelled him. Opportunity wasted but alonso covered the team well in interviews
It's reported that they were worried about fuel system problem. So maybe they thought the last bits of fuel would not scavenge.

KimiRai
KimiRai

alonsofan wrote:

Hahaha I cant believe it. He had a fuel system issue according to Krack. But in the end it didn't affect his result so it seems his luck has changed!

Fernando's start was good, he did it correctly, it was just that Hamilton's was amazing or there was more grip in the other side. Great pitstops also and great recovery from Lance from p16 who takes two points at least, just needs to have more clean weekends.

f1universe
f1universe

max_speed wrote:
19 Jun 2023, 02:27

I doubt it, Max had more pace for sure.

KimiRai
KimiRai

Without the now confirmed fake fuel issue he maybe would've been close behind Max but overtaking would have been very difficult due to RB straightline speed. Only if Max made a mistake (which he did to be fair!), but imo there wasn't much lost. Anyways even though Krack says to wait a few races the best news is that it seems the upgrades have worked & Fernando has broke the Canada curse.

Fernando has said there are other parts coming that should help optimize the package further, though with Austria being a sprint race weekend maybe it makes more sense for them to come in Silverstone (also the factory being right there) or later, but obviously it's up to them to choose.

There were some halo bits tested in Barcelona that weren't put on the car again for some reason.
Last edited by KimiRai on 19 Jun 2023, 10:34, edited 1 time in total.

-wkst-
-wkst-

Krack already said at the beginning of April: updates in Baku, Imola, Montreal and Silverstone.

Imola canceled, so these updates were splitted between Monaco and Barcelona.

Looking what they brought so far, at least a diffusor update should be on the list for Silverstone.

diffuser

KimiRai wrote:
19 Jun 2023, 06:15
Without the now confirmed fake fuel issue he maybe would've been close behind Max but overtaking would have been very difficult due to RB straightline speed. Only if Max made a mistake (which he did to be fair!), but imo there wasn't much lost. Anyways even though Krack says to wait a few races the best news is that it seems the upgrades have worked & Fernando has broke the Canada curse.

Fernando has said there are other parts coming that should help optimize the package further, though with Austria being a sprint race weekend maybe it makes more sense for them to come in Silverstone (also the factory being right there) or later, but obviously it's up to them to choose.

There were some halo bits tested in Barcelona that weren't put on the car again for some reason.
The halo bits weren't race quality parts. Just test parts. So there is a halo update in the works....Maybe next year?