2023 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Sevach
Sevach

Re: 2023 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team

scuderiabrandon wrote:
18 Jun 2023, 22:41
Too bad a podium was up for grabs had we had a decent qualifying. A better Sunday but still a little bit sour but happy with the strategy calls. I see Austria being another strong weekend given we dont mess up the setup with the lack off practice (sprint weekend w/ sprint shootout). I fear silverstone we'll the see the SF-23 we all hate (unless changes are made)

Vasseur also mentions some upgrades. Looking forward.
Silverstone is full of high speed corners like Barcelona, so unless they change whatever it is that makes the car stink in those types of corners it's not gonna be good.
Austria might also prove difficult... but it's a bit more mixed.

SoulPancake13
SoulPancake13

What has Andi been saying on here recently? The team clearly lacked a fundamental understanding of these Pirelli tyres. The test after the Spanish GP seems to have proven to be extremely beneficial, they were one of the best on the tyres today. Hopefully, they can continue this momentum in Austria and show that this is not a one-off. Like Vasseur said, a little light at the end of the tunnel. New front wing could potentially swing this driver battle firmly in the direction of Charles as we all know how incredible he is with a car with a strong front end.

One thing for sure though is that high speed corner performance needs to be found...

Vinlarr89
Vinlarr89

High speed tracks or tracks with high speed corners will be a struggle until Ferrari understands the issues with them and brings the solutions. Think silverstone could be a right off unless significant upgrades change the course.

Carlos didn’t sound confident for red bull ring, however for me they have to be able to find a setup for that track

JPower
JPower

scuderiabrandon wrote:
18 Jun 2023, 22:07
Baku was by far the better weekend it was just straight forward and boring. A bit off bias towards a brave call working and in general a more exciting race
Weekend? I'm talking about the race. I said "best race".

Vinlarr89
Vinlarr89

I’d agree. Best race in terms of having a plan and executing the plan. Vasseur confirmed more updates for Austria. Let’s hope they are the much desired suspension, although I very much doubt they would bring such a big upgrade to a sprint weekend. Makes me think it will be a new front wing

scuderiabrandon

JPower wrote:
19 Jun 2023, 00:00
scuderiabrandon wrote:
Baku was by far the better weekend it was just straight forward and boring. A bit off bias towards a brave call working and in general a more exciting race
we were on the podium?

scuderiabrandon

scuderiabrandon wrote:
19 Jun 2023, 00:14
JPower wrote:
scuderiabrandon wrote:
Weekend or race.. My point still stands. We were on the podium, no strategic mistakes, good pace all things considered. You are trying to argue over semantics.

What you saw today should be standard procedure but I get why you would think that they finally did something good under pressure.

deadhead

Vinlarr89 wrote:
18 Jun 2023, 23:21
High speed tracks or tracks with high speed corners will be a struggle until Ferrari understands the issues with them and brings the solutions. Think silverstone could be a right off unless significant upgrades change the course.

Carlos didn’t sound confident for red bull ring, however for me they have to be able to find a setup for that track
I think they know how much they struggle in high speed corners which is why no one from the team is getting carried away.

Shame, the F175 did very well at Silverstone! Hopefully they can find something..

ing.

Vinlarr89 wrote:
19 Jun 2023, 00:11
I’d agree. Best race in terms of having a plan and executing the plan. Vasseur confirmed more updates for Austria. Let’s hope they are the much desired suspension, although I very much doubt they would bring such a big upgrade to a sprint weekend. Makes me think it will be a new front wing
French TV said it was indeed a new FW to “complete” the Barcelona upgrades.

JPower
JPower

scuderiabrandon wrote:
19 Jun 2023, 00:14
JPower wrote:
scuderiabrandon wrote:
we were on the podium?
Leclerc said this was the best race of the year for the team as well. I guess you can disagree with him if you want.

organic

If quali was dry, looking at podium for at least one Ferrari IMO. They did 1 fewer stop than leaders and had similar pace (though tyre deg was very low)

JPower
JPower

Anyway, not sure what to expect at Austria. Given the car's relative lack of downforce, not expecting much.

Andres125sx

mzso wrote:
18 Jun 2023, 19:47
Andres125sx wrote:
18 Jun 2023, 14:25
Second Q in a row when the fastest driver don´t make Q3 while the second driver make it

Pointing fingers this time to not switching to softs, previous GP pointing fingers to some mistery car damage wich was never confirmed.

But, didn´t several drivers make Q3 with inters in Q2? Yes, they did, only that Lecrerc lap on inters wasn´t good enough. Even Lecrerc admit this:
Charles Lecrerc wrote:I didn’t do a good job, there were many of us with this plan, and in the end, I didn’t succeed compared to the others
https://scuderiafans.com/charles-lecler ... ne-better/
Did you see the lap? I didn't, I don't think anyone did, so we don't know what was that lap like.
It was slower than the lap with inters from Alonso, Hamilton and Russel, so it was a poor lap wich was not enough for Q3. This is the fact, the rest is opinion

mzso wrote:
18 Jun 2023, 19:47
Andres125sx wrote:
18 Jun 2023, 14:25
Disclaimer: just trying to put some perspective,
Also known as unconditional Leclerc bashing, as usual...
People in glass houses shouldn´t throw stones mate. Putting some perspective is quite different to bashing. Please read last pages of this thread and tell me how many members said a single word about the possibility of Lecrerc doing a better lap with inters... anyone? No, not a single commment, every single post was bashing the team, but not a single comment about Lecrerc responsibility for a poor lap with inters #-o

OTOH I did agree that was a mistake by the team, only that Lecrerc also had some responsibility for not doing a good enough lap with inters. Sorry if this disturb you mate, but facts are facts :wink:

Andres125sx

Andres125sx wrote:
04 Jun 2023, 10:51
Looks like Ferrari problem overheating tires now is the opposite, they struggle putting them on temperature, so Sainz who had more problems with overheating now put them on temperature easier, while Lecrerc who was more kind on the tires, now struggles to put them on temperature
Looks like I was spot on, now Ferrari struggle to build heat on the tires when track is cold, but otoh they manage wear better than the rest, wich explains both Lecrerc problems in Q last 2 GPs (he´s kinder with tires than Sainz), and Ferrari tire managment in Canada doing more laps with medium than some other teams with hards

Hopefully people will understand I´m not bashing anyone, but analysing the reasons for last results :wink:

mzso
mzso

Andres125sx wrote:
19 Jun 2023, 08:10
It was slower than the lap with inters from Alonso, Hamilton and Russel, so it was a poor lap wich was not enough for Q3. This is the fact, the rest is opinion
You don't know why it was slow because you didn't even see it and you certainly have no data or other background info. You just project into it your Leclerc bashing agenda.
Andres125sx wrote:
19 Jun 2023, 08:10
Putting some perspective is quite different to bashing.
Mod edit - personal comment removed.
Last edited by Stu on 19 Jun 2023, 13:12, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Personal comment removed