2023 Aston Martin | Aramco | Cognizant F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
GoranF1
GoranF1

Re: 2023 Aston Martin | Aramco | Cognizant F1 Team

Track/car characteristics wise should A1Ring suit Aston?
"I have no idols. I admire work, dedication & competence."

AR3-GP
AR3-GP

GoranF1 wrote:
19 Jun 2023, 15:41
T1, T3, and T4 require good traction so I assume so? The drag penalty will also be lessened.

AR3-GP
AR3-GP

diffuser

AR3-GP wrote:
19 Jun 2023, 15:43
GoranF1 wrote:
T1, T3, and T4 require good traction so I assume so? The drag penalty will also be lessened.
Wonder if the upgrades have changed the traits of the car and if so how and by how much?

Stay tuned....

diffuser

AR3-GP wrote:
19 Jun 2023, 16:01
Did I tell you he cracks me up?

peewon

diffuser wrote:
19 Jun 2023, 20:39
AR3-GP wrote:
GoranF1 wrote:
Wonder if the upgrades have changed the traits of the car and if so how and by how much?

Stay tuned....
Ive noticed the car being a looser on the rear end as shown by Lance spinning and Fernando with that uncharacteristic wall hit. Compare to the start of the season when it looked absolutely planted when Stroll drover around the outside on Sainz at the hairpin in Jeddah.

Maybe the quest for reduced drag has come at the expense of some downforce but they feel it provides more balanced performance race to race. Whats interesting is that suspension seems to be a key area for gains as Newey was heavily overseeing that for RB and Merc's jump has also coincided with an updated front suspension, albeit along with a slew of other changes.

Zynerji

peewon wrote:
19 Jun 2023, 21:33
diffuser wrote:
AR3-GP wrote:

Stay tuned....
Ive noticed the car being a looser on the rear end as shown by Lance spinning and Fernando with that uncharacteristic wall hit. Compare to the start of the season when it looked absolutely planted when Stroll drover around the outside on Sainz at the hairpin in Jeddah.

Maybe the quest for reduced drag has come at the expense of some downforce but they feel it provides more balanced performance race to race. Whats interesting is that suspension seems to be a key area for gains as Newey was heavily overseeing that for RB and Merc's jump has also coincided with an updated front suspension, albeit along with a slew of other changes.
Tyre patch and aero platform control is the basics of F1. I feel that the AM has great front mechanical grip along with a nailed down rear. Canada always has that weird Monza-like tradeoff for drag and rear DF. RedBull Ring should allow a more specialized setup.

F1doc
F1doc

diffuser wrote:
19 Jun 2023, 20:41
AR3-GP wrote:
Max grinning at the end also speaks volumes.

Will the single FP session affect AM's set up choices in Austria with the "sprint"? They haven't had much dry running on this new platform in Canada.

napoleon1981
napoleon1981

F1doc wrote:
19 Jun 2023, 23:47
diffuser wrote:
AR3-GP wrote:

Will the single FP session affect AM's set up choices in Austria with the "sprint"? They haven't had much dry running on this new platform in Canada.
That Max and Lewis smile is gold. Neither respects Perez. Didnt Lewis once say that you know the car is fast when you have Perez on your tail?

diffuser

Zynerji wrote:
19 Jun 2023, 21:40
peewon wrote:
diffuser wrote:

Stay tuned....

Tyre patch and aero platform control is the basics of F1. I feel that the AM has great front mechanical grip along with a nailed down rear. Canada always has that weird Monza-like tradeoff for drag and rear DF. RedBull Ring should allow a more specialized setup.
Might have changed with the upgrade but front tire wear was a problem in Spain.

diffuser

peewon wrote:
diffuser wrote:
AR3-GP wrote:

Stay tuned....

Lots of low speed traction zones in montreal. You can easily give a little to much throttle, spin the rear wheels and slide out.

Andres125sx

napoleon1981 wrote:
20 Jun 2023, 03:22
F1doc wrote:
19 Jun 2023, 23:47
diffuser wrote:

That Max and Lewis smile is gold. Neither respects Perez. Didnt Lewis once say that you know the car is fast when you have Perez on your tail?
Indeed, Max and Lewis reaction speaks volumes. But you take the negative side, I´ll take the positive, both of them respect Alonso so much they know if his car is close enough, he can beat anyone

zoroastar

when was the last year that there were 3 multiple WDC's on the podium? it had to be last century unless you count lewis before he got his second in 2014.

alonsofan
alonsofan

f1universe wrote:
19 Jun 2023, 05:50
max_speed wrote:
19 Jun 2023, 02:27
I am sure aston threw away a win. Alonso had to pit 2nd time a bit early to cover hamilton and when he came on hards. Game was on. He was closing in and gap went down to 3.9 from 5.5 seconds and 25 laps were left. I felt thats it day is here then came dreaded msg to lift & coast and alonso said on radio let me know when can go full again want to win and then they kept nursing till 9 laps were left. Seriouslyyy looks like procedure error they must have under fuelled him. Opportunity wasted but alonso covered the team well in interviews

I doubt it, Max had more pace for sure.
Don't know about Max's pace, but the 22 laps behind Hamilton ruined any chance Alonso had. Also, the difficulty Alo had overtaking Hamilton, I doubt an overtake on Max would have been possible in any scenario.

KimiRai
KimiRai

zoroastar wrote:
20 Jun 2023, 09:27
when was the last year that there were 3 multiple WDC's on the podium? it had to be last century unless you count lewis before he got his second in 2014.
If Australia this year doesn't count then it would be Qatar 2021.

peewon wrote:
It's likely they haven't fully optimised the car yet as Krack says after the upgrades.

We need Lance to have more consistent weekends, I hope it starts from Austria. Wish I'd know what is the problem if there is any. No one is asking for him to beat Fernando but he needs to be in decent points scoring positions at least. He's not as bad as his last races would say, so I trust he needs to get into a good rhythm.