2023 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Ground Effect
Ground Effect

Re: 2023 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team

CjC wrote:
21 Jun 2023, 12:29
Any rumours who the signing is?
https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/ferra ... /10485721/
I know it's been reported that they were feverishly after Enrico Balbo and Pierre Waché. But follow up reports stated that they were turned down, I think Marko also said as much. So really intriguing who it could be. If I were to guess, I'd say Paul Monaghan, for no real reason.
Q: (Stefano Mancini – La Stampa) Kimi, will you help Vettel to win his championship this year?
Kimi Raikkonen: I can only drive one car, obviously. 
@2018 Singapore Grand Prix drivers press conference.

f1316
f1316

Supposedly a new floor and the amended ERS deployment mapping for Austria: https://it.motorsport.com/f1/news/f1-fe ... /10485837/

Doesn’t mention anything about the new front wing and I’m struggling to keep up with what was supposed to be coming and when - so take it all FWIW. The floor is said to be more three dimensional and complex, but again, we shall see.

Xyz22
Xyz22

f1316 wrote:
22 Jun 2023, 04:33
Supposedly a new floor and the amended ERS deployment mapping for Austria: https://it.motorsport.com/f1/news/f1-fe ... /10485837/

Doesn’t mention anything about the new front wing and I’m struggling to keep up with what was supposed to be coming and when - so take it all FWIW. The floor is said to be more three dimensional and complex, but again, we shall see.
Source is Nugnes so take it with a (massive) grain of salt.

SoulPancake13
SoulPancake13

Xyz22 wrote:
22 Jun 2023, 10:37
f1316 wrote:
22 Jun 2023, 04:33

Source is Nugnes so take it with a (massive) grain of salt.
Think you should give Nugnes some credit for getting it right this time haha, Duchessa confirms the new floor. I am allowing myself to get too optimistic because of Canada but with a new floor, the correct setup they found in Barcelona, and the new front wing(Duchessa confirms as well), I think a clear second force should be the goal. We will have to wait and see though

Ced
Ced

According to Formu1a.uno, Enrico Cardile has pushed very hard to quickly equip the SF-23 with a rather different floor. The engineers have already been given a mandate to start its production. It is not clear whether they will be able to bring 3 specimens to Austria, also in consideration of the tight format of the sprint, which sees the cars go into qualifying on Friday. The site adds that Ferrari will hold their second Filming day at Fiorano on Tuesday with the new floor. Included in that is a new front wing and new front brake ducts. Nobody forbids thinking of the 2023 and 2024 car with the same intensity, however it is not possible to redesign the entire dynamic platform of the current car due to budget constraints and hours in tunnels and CFDs. Despite some rumors, any new suspension project is eagerly awaited on the 676 and we won't see it this season. The tenor and haste with which the production of this third floor of the season is being accelerated suggests a concrete step forward.
Unlike the F1-75, the SF-23 never raced with the trim parameters for which it was designed.
Full article 👉🏽https://formu1a.uno/esclusiva-ferrari-c ... a-fiorano/

dialtone
dialtone

Good luck. If this is a good update he might even get some breathing space from above.

JPower
JPower

Fingers crossed. Would be nice to finally see what this car was supposed to be.

I'd rather a strong progression through the year than a quick start and regression like last year.

LM10
LM10

After the first convincing race of the season in Montreal which was a breath of fresh air for all Tifosi, I can't wait for the next race. I'm really looking forward to see the SF-23 evolving with the reported upgrades. It's about time we see the full potential being put on the track without having to fight with weird setup and peakiness problems.

Vinlarr89
Vinlarr89

If Vasseur makes this happen then it’s a win for me.

Every previous season the in season upgrades have been woeful. The language of throwing the kitchen sink at enabling a good second half of the season is music to my ears

I only hope this to be true, and we’re moving in the right direction. I’m intrigued which way 676 will go. Lots of teams seem to be converging on a concept similar to wher Ferrari are at now, but will Ferrari move more towards RB19 territory or further develop what they have I wonder.

AR3-GP
AR3-GP

Vinlarr89 wrote:
23 Jun 2023, 03:25
If Vasseur makes this happen then it’s a win for me.

Every previous season the in season upgrades have been woeful. The language of throwing the kitchen sink at enabling a good second half of the season is music to my ears

I only hope this to be true, and we’re moving in the right direction. I’m intrigued which way 676 will go. Lots of teams seem to be converging on a concept similar to wher Ferrari are at now, but will Ferrari move more towards RB19 territory or further develop what they have I wonder.
I would say that teams have moved towards a hybrid of Ferrari and RB. Downwash with tubs.

vorticism

AR3-GP wrote:
23 Jun 2023, 04:10
I would say that teams have moved towards a hybrid of Ferrari and RB. Downwash with tubs.
Alpine style? They had the first water slides, from the beginning of 2022.
𓄀

organic

Yes alpine were pioneers of the hybrid approach. First waterslides appeared at Silverstone '22

Vanja #66

SoulPancake13 wrote:
22 Jun 2023, 17:06
Think you should give Nugnes some credit for getting it right this time haha, Duchessa confirms the new floor. I am allowing myself to get too optimistic because of Canada but with a new floor, the correct setup they found in Barcelona, and the new front wing(Duchessa confirms as well), I think a clear second force should be the goal. We will have to wait and see though
I was doubting Nugnes as much as anyone about sidepod redesign in Barcelona, but it turned out he had fairly correct info. Ok, it wasn't even a remote RB-style change in the end, but the shapes are reasonably similar even if the flow structures are very different. So I would take his insight with greater care now.

The "3D shaped floor" is an interesting reference and it would make sense, whatever the direction with this update is the car would benefit from additional 3D features on the floor. I would love to see what they come up with. :mrgreen:
And they call it a stall. A STALL!

#DwarvesAreNaturalSprinters
#BlessYouLaddie

ali623
ali623

I'm sceptical, when was the last time Ferrari actually significantly developed and improved a car throughout a season? 2012?

dialtone
dialtone

ali623 wrote:I'm sceptical, when was the last time Ferrari actually significantly developed and improved a car throughout a season? 2012?
They were doing pretty well till TD39 last year. It was a real development race with RBR till the engine explosions.