2023 Alpine F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Enstone
Enstone

Re: 2023 Alpine F1 Team

KimiRai wrote:
21 Jun 2023, 18:54
https://it.motorsport.com/f1/news/f1-al ... /10485820/

Alpine will bring a new front wing for Austria, a circuit that Szafnauer says should suit the car well.
Suit the car to finish 8 et 9th... if they have enough reliability, a good strategy during qualifying and race day... :mrgreen:

They impress me last year with some really good results, their car was way more interesting with a great pace !

This year they're nowhere !

KimiRai
KimiRai

Enstone wrote:
22 Jun 2023, 15:29
KimiRai wrote:
21 Jun 2023, 18:54
https://it.motorsport.com/f1/news/f1-al ... /10485820/

Alpine will bring a new front wing for Austria, a circuit that Szafnauer says should suit the car well.
Suit the car to finish 8 et 9th... if they have enough reliability, a good strategy during qualifying and race day... :mrgreen:

They impress me last year with some really good results, their car was way more interesting with a great pace !

This year they're nowhere !
In 2022 they never achieved a podium mainly due to unreliability (Fernando tried in Australia and Canada but the car failed both times). In 2023 at least they have achieved one already in the sixth race of the season.

Sure, there was a lot of luck involved in that podium, whether it is Sainz screwing up his podium chances, Leclerc's penalty, and a couple more incidents, but Ocon in one lap was great. They do have to improve their race pace though.

While a P5 in Constructors is certainly not what they should aim for, as Rossi has clearly remarked... but I wouldn't be that pessimistic to be fair.

Alok91

A-LIST ACTORS AMONG INVESTORS AS ALPINE SELLS STAKE IN F1 TEAM
https://the-race.com/formula-1/a-list-a ... n-f1-team/

Sevach
Sevach

Reality show incoming.

mendis
mendis

At next US grand prix, Alpine garage would be flooded with Hollywood folks. I sense Liberty has been behind the deal to further popularize F1 in America. 8)

It's sad Hugh Hefner passed away! He would probably be owning some stakes in Haas! :lol:

NL_Fer
NL_Fer

Is there any link between those actors and the Andretti family?

bdr529

NL_Fer wrote:
26 Jun 2023, 12:22
Is there any link between those actors and the Andretti family?
Don't think so

mwillems

I suspect that Rob and Ryan are using the Wrexham affect to raise the value of their stake, not sure how that will work in F1 but I'm sure it will bring a few more fans to the team, I don't think they will bring much else to it. I'm jealous that it is Alpine and not Mclaren. I bet Renault are over the moon with the exposure this will bring their brand. This definitely feels like a big win for Alpine.
I'm not taking advice from a cartoon dog

-Bandit

diffuser

mwillems wrote:
26 Jun 2023, 16:36
I suspect that Rob and Ryan are using the Wrexham affect to raise the value of their stake, not sure how that will work in F1 but I'm sure it will bring a few more fans to the team, I don't think they will bring much else to it. I'm jealous that it is Alpine and not Mclaren. I bet Renault are over the moon with the exposure this will bring their brand. This definitely feels like a big win for Alpine.
Ryan is Canadian. He failed to buy a Canadian Hockey team (Ottawa Senators). Surprised he didn't get a piece of AMR. Guess Strulovitch didn't want to share?

Enstone
Enstone

Otmar Szafnauer: "We have something coming for the Austrian Grand Prix. A new front wing. Our strategy is to bring updates all the time, with great frequency, when we find something that can work. We don't wait to put together big packages of novelties."
Szafnauer: "So it's what we are doing. Then you will be able to see other innovations that will arrive in the following grands prix".

Motorsport italy
A few upgrades should also help: "We will bring a new front wing," reveals Szafnauer. "We already have something planned for the races after that. A new underbody is already in the works."

#AMuS

EJ22B
EJ22B

Did Alpine brought a new front wing in Austria?

In the pictures it looks they ran the old wing throughout the weekend.

Jambier

EJ22B wrote:
04 Jul 2023, 12:32

It will be at Silverstone with big hopes of progress

The car is not consistent though from one track to another

If the McLaren is ultra fast like Austria it will be more and more complicated for Alpine

EJ22B
EJ22B

Jambier wrote:
05 Jul 2023, 08:03
EJ22B wrote:
04 Jul 2023, 12:32

It will be at Silverstone with big hopes of progress

The car is not consistent though from one track to another

If the McLaren is ultra fast like Austria it will be more and more complicated for Alpine
The biggest limitation of the A523 seems to be tyre deg. Ocon also said there's is also something that they would like to change but can't change with this car which to suggests to me the rear gearbox carrier and suspension.

Also, the aero group doesn't seem to be making the most out of the overbody surfaces. The cannon on the Aston, McLaren and Mercedes suggests there's downforce that could be found there.

EJ22B
EJ22B

https://the-race.com/formula-1/podcast- ... road-trip/

According to Otmar on the race podcast, the infrastructure/facility Alpine needs to challenge for championships will be completed within three-four years.

I guess realistically the earliest Alpine can challenge for a title will be 2027.

JordanMugen

Pat Fry is rumoured to leave Alpine for Williams. If so, who is likely to lead the technical ship at Alpine? :)

Also, recently Alpine-Renault appear to have a severe performance deficit to their rivals McLaren-Mercedes, although this may be circuit specific. This is most curious.

EJ22B wrote:
06 Jul 2023, 10:39
https://the-race.com/formula-1/podcast- ... road-trip/

I guess realistically the earliest Alpine can challenge for a title will be 2027.
This is over 50 races past the end of the 100 race plan to win the title?!