2023 Scuderia AlphaTauri F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Wouter

Re: 2023 Scuderia AlphaTauri F1 Team

The number of people evacuated due to flooding in northern Italy has risen to over 36,600.
It mainly concerns residents of the province of Ravenna. [see image]

20:45h CET

About 100 municipalities in the northern region of Emilia-Romagna were damaged, reports the Italian news agency ANSA.
At least fourteen people have died there.

The Emilia-Romagna region has experienced severe flooding and landslides from heavy rains this week.
In some places the water has still not receded.

It is also raining this weekend. As a result, it is feared that rivers will again overflow their banks.
The Power of Dreams!

Wouter

About Liam Lawson who is in the run for an AlphaTauri seat next year.
Autopolis Super Formula: Lawson wins to take championship lead

Red Bull protege Liam Lawson shot to the lead of the Super Formula standings with his second victory of the 2023 season at Autopolis, beating TOM’S star Ritomo Miyata.
Capitalising on the absence of Mugen team-mate and reigning champion Tomoki Nojiri, Lawson recovered from a poor start to clinch victory by 1.2 seconds in the fourth round of the season, despite a late safety car putting him at a disadvantage to his immediate rivals.

When the 41-lap race got underway, Lawson was unable to challenge pole-sitter Sho Tsuboi for the lead and slipped behind the other Inging car of Sena Sakaguchi, with Miyata nearly demoting Lawson to fourth on a poor opening lap for the Kiwi.

Read here everything about the race
The Power of Dreams!

wogx

Kukułka zwyczajna, kukułka pospolita – nazwy ludowe: gżegżółka, zazula (Cuculus canorus) – gatunek średniego ptaka wędrownego z podrodziny kukułek (Cuculinae) w rodzinie kukułkowatych (Cuculidae). Jedyny w Europie Środkowej pasożyt lęgowy. Zamieszkuje strefę umiarkowaną.

HPD

organic

Yuki continuing his excellent form this weekend. But for the penalty, the car would've had solid points despite no carnage ahead.

I think we can say the alpha tauri is comfortably midfield now.. the last floor update has brought a significant step.

AR3-GP
AR3-GP

Are there pictures of the AT floor yet?

organic

AR3-GP wrote:
04 Jun 2023, 19:43
Are there pictures of the AT floor yet?
I posted a couple from Monaco in the car thread. The front of the floor looks visually similar to McLaren whilst the edge wing is quite similar to RB and Mercedes. we haven't seen the underside

Wouter

Well, Yuki got a five sec penalty he didn't deserve. He drove a great race! This was after the race.

The Power of Dreams!

Farnborough
Farnborough

Also felt that was a bad decision for stewards to give penalty for that.

Zhou didn't get the run out of last corner close enough, couldn't complete the whole move as late getting alongside Yuki, got surprised at how late Yuki could brake, the move was not finished and with Yuki holding the apex with enough space for Zhou to work with !! It's what used to be called "racing" and at a place that is always the primary location for passing here.

Zhou should have moderated his approach as he knew (said in his own words) Yuki was late on the brakes, as he's entitled to be, then gone again on the successive laps.

That's what I want to see, a proper contest for positions, not the constant winging about being compromised.

Both can drive well, should have been left to it without interference and may the best one come out on top.

That brake dust plume from AT in that phase was quite significant though :shock:

Wouter

Tsunoda: AlphaTauri F1 braking issues carried over from Gasly in 2022

Formula 1 driver Yuki Tsunoda reckons the braking issues experienced by AlphaTauri in 2023 are carried over from the similar failings that blighted former team-mate Pierre Gasly last season.

The Japanese racer noticeably struggled with his brakes, voiced his complaints over team radio and ran off the track at Mirabeau as he struggled to manage temperatures. His brakes again caught the attention in Spain last weekend due to the excessive levels of dust they were producing when under heavy load.

Yuki Tsunoda said: “The brake issues we have are from probably last year. It happened more often towards Pierre rather than me. But this happens to me more [this season].

“Literally, I don't feel any efficiency from braking. It just doesn't warm up, doesn't feel any efficiency so you cannot push as much as I want to in the rain conditions.

“Obviously, that makes the tyres colder, it just goes worse and worse.

“[In Monaco] I had [problems] from FP1, which also affected my qualifying performance as well.

"It's a bit of a shame because I have to do extra build-up compared to other competitors just to warm the brakes, which is a bit unnecessary.”

Tsunoda said the issue was solely a brake material hardware, rather than a calibration problem, that affected the cars independently of his particular driving style.
https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/tsuno ... /10479927/
The Power of Dreams!

Wouter

Yuki is still in Austria and what is he posting? FOOD, as always. :lol: :lol: :lol:

https://www.instagram.com/stories/yukit ... 640969745/

Yesterday in Austria:

The Power of Dreams!

Wouter

Scuderia AlphaTauri is pleased to confirm that Yuki Tsunoda will participate in the premier show event at
the Nürburgring on September 9th 2023, driving the HONDA NSX GT3 Evo.
Motorsport fans can look forward to amazing show runs and additional motorsports highlights.

Yuki will complement the impressive line-up, including Daniel Ricciardo and Sebastian Vettel with their F1 show runs,
and he will become the youngest driver to drive around the Nürburgring Nordschleife.
The Power of Dreams!

Wouter

ERZBERG MINE
Formula 1 champion Max Verstappen races Yuki Tsunoda in MASSIVE Mega Trucks! On a custom built rowdy off-road obstacle course for the two F1 drivers to race around at the bottom of the imposing Erzberg Mine in Austria.
The huge trucks each have roaring 500 horsepower engines and wheels that weigh over 700 kilograms!
Recorded two weeks ago in Austria:

The Power of Dreams!

mendis
mendis

Clearly seems like Horner was right and now Marko is realising it.

Wouter

The Power of Dreams!