2023 - McLaren Formula 1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
eurwynf1
eurwynf1

Re: 2023 - McLaren Formula 1 Team

mclaren111 wrote:
26 Jun 2023, 10:34
This week marks the start of our comeback... :D :D

We must record this for the annals of history... 8) 8)
I hope so, can't wait for first shots on Wednesday. Hopefully be competitive for a podium at Silverstone, I've suffered long enough :lol: .

the EDGE
the EDGE

The upgrades are very welcome news, but I’d urge caution before getting carried away, other teams will not be standing still

This is a new direction for a McLaren, it will take some time to understand and refine

Farnborough
Farnborough

PikeStance wrote:
24 Jun 2023, 16:38
Yes, I love how Horner is opposed to an 11th-team, meanwhile Jr. Bull races on. I rather have Andretti-Cadillac, than AT any day. I've read that AT gets hand-me-down parts from Red Bull.
AT is the result of Minardi team being rescued by Dietrich Mateshitz to give them a long term future in F1, which has been achieved......unlike many other failure teams that have come and gone.

Originally stipulated that it was to remain in original location, a very benevolent view in giving pride and identity to the local economy.

Red Bull and DM aims have achieved this in my view.....it simply wouldn't be there at all if there was no support originally coming from DM in reality. The combined financial support and "relative" autonomy has earned it a continuous place I feel.

mclaren111

the EDGE wrote:
26 Jun 2023, 11:08
The upgrades are very welcome news, but I’d urge caution before getting carried away, other teams will not be standing still

This is a new direction for a McLaren, it will take some time to understand and refine

Totally agree... I'm hoping for good results from Belgium onwards based on the upgrades...

Bill
Bill

PikeStance wrote:
Yes, I love how Horner is opposed to an 11th-team, meanwhile Jr. Bull races on. I rather have Andretti-Cadillac, than AT any day. I've read that AT gets hand-me-down parts from Red Bull.
what has Andretti done for f1 that make so eager to kiss his behind ,you would rather put your faith on some fly by night opportunist than someone who took risk and participate in f1 when it was not fashion.the loyalty of some people is shocking.At gave us Max,vettel ,ric , saved Honda pu project and much more.

mwillems

the EDGE wrote:
26 Jun 2023, 11:08

Indeed, Aston Martins upgrades in Canada have given it a substantial boost and it looks to be a very fast car again, expect it to do very well in Austria. As time goes on in the regs there are depreciating gains. But we are early in the regs and everyone has lots of time to find, not just Mclaren.

But I am excited to see where we are on Saturday, this is the week (And series of races) many fans have been waiting for for a long time!

God luck Mclaren, I hope you've nailed these updates and can claw back some significant time.
I'm not taking advice from a cartoon dog

-Bandit

haza
haza

Just wanna refresh ur memories with my pre season predictions 👀

“:McLaren to struggle for points in the early races with gradual updates giving them the pace to compete for wins from mid season onwards but lack of points in the first few races races costs them in the constructors standings .”

I remain optimistic 👌🏼

swifteddie1
swifteddie1

Wins in 2023 is quite a bit ambitious. Think people are getting a little excited and maybe carried away.

There is just too big of a gap on race pace to expect the team to beat RB,AM, Fer, Merc unless there is some kind of flukey series of events.

Now with the way the car performs in qualiy i'm hoping we take a step forward there and are fighting for the top 6 positions in quali consistently.

haza
haza

Yeah it is unrealistic to expect a win right now but until the seasons finished I’ll keep my hopes high supported the team for 23 years I have faith they can climb back

PikeStance

Farnborough wrote:
26 Jun 2023, 11:09
PikeStance wrote:
AT is the result of Minardi team being rescued by Dietrich Mateshitz to give them a long term future in F1, which has been achieved......unlike many other failure teams that have come and gone.

Originally stipulated that it was to remain in original location, a very benevolent view in giving pride and identity to the local economy.

Red Bull and DM aims have achieved this in my view.....it simply wouldn't be there at all if there was no support originally coming from DM in reality. The combined financial support and "relative" autonomy has earned it a continuous place I feel.
Bill wrote:
26 Jun 2023, 13:45
what has Andretti done for f1 that make so eager to kiss his behind ,you would rather put your faith on some fly by night opportunist than someone who took risk and participate in f1 when it was not fashion.the loyalty of some people is shocking.At gave us Max,vettel ,ric , saved Honda pu project and much more.
I think the point was missed. Having more teams would benefit the sport as has been eloquently pointed out. 10 teams were better than 9. It is the hypocrisy of the statement to maintain a "junior team" to keep out a legitimate contender. Moreover, the argument for the benefits of 10 teams (AT) is the same for 11 or 12. What star is left looking in. hoping for an opportunity to shine, but cannot, because the "market" is closed to competition?

Andretti Autosport has been around since 1993. They are part of more racing competitions than McLaren (7 in total). They are anything but "fly-by-night opportunists." It also has been more successful than McLaren. Seriously, that's a laughable argument.
<-Pike----
Expat American in Guangzhou
Native New Orleans

MrGapes

https://www.auto-motor-und-sport.de/for ... ion-infos/

With the Austrian GP, time is to end in the midfield for McLaren. Then a B version is put on the wheels in three steps, which should erase as many weak points of the predecessor and be a basis to reconnect where you stood two years ago.“

“In Austria, a new underbody, side boxes and the engine cover are to debut. In Silverstone, the matching wings follow. And in Hungary, the mechanical part of the upgrade follows suit”

Ooo new mechanical parts… maybe they will switch to anti dive suspension for aerodynamic gain.

MrGapes

MrGapes wrote:
27 Jun 2023, 13:31
https://www.auto-motor-und-sport.de/for ... ion-infos/

With the Austrian GP, time is to end in the midfield for McLaren. Then a B version is put on the wheels in three steps, which should erase as many weak points of the predecessor and be a basis to reconnect where you stood two years ago.“

“In Austria, a new underbody, side boxes and the engine cover are to debut. In Silverstone, the matching wings follow. And in Hungary, the mechanical part of the upgrade follows suit”

Ooo new mechanical parts… maybe they will switch to anti dive suspension for aerodynamic gain.
The drivers place high hopes in the development package. On the other hand, Norris warns against relying on an automatism: "We have been dragging some problems with us for five years. Even if we managed the downforce values of a Red Bull, that does not mean that we automatically become the same speed. Because the Red Bull may still have a different characteristic through the curves." Stella confirms: "At the moment, our car behaves differently at the corner entrance than at the corner exit."

- also verifies my comments from earlier this year about anomalous behavior during corner entry for last few years..

LionsHeart
LionsHeart

Finally! We will see new parts on Wednesday-Thursday.

proteus

It will be a massive improvement if they manage to challenge Alpine for 5th. RedBull, Aston, Merc and Ferrari are out of range. My question is who is the father of these improvements, is it still Key or did Prodromou took over when they found out they are at the dead end?

Nothing would make me happier to see them in top 3 spot again, but modern F1 doesnt work this way. In the 90s with unlimited testing and money it would be possible, but today not so much.
If i would get the money to start my own F1 team, i would revive Arrows

CaribouBread
CaribouBread

I'm expecting (and hoping :D ) that they'll slot in somewhere in the gap between the top 4 and Alpine. A lot of anticipation on how it'll look in the coming weekends!