2023 Austrian Grand Prix - Spielberg, June 30 - July 02

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
dialtone
dialtone

Re: 2023 Austrian Grand Prix - Spielberg, June 30 - July 02

This track is pretty mixed. It's both, the front tires will get cooked in s2, where last year Ferrari was building its gap, where Ham crashed in quali and more.

Bill_Kar
Bill_Kar

Yeah, my bet is it is going to look like something like this

RBR - Ferrari
---
AM
----
----
Mercedes

DGP123
DGP123

Chance of rain this weekend. Above 50% precip on Fri/Sat. Sprint race weekends always need spicing up

chrisc90

It’s going to be sunny when I go! Not planning on any rain.

Guess with any place in the hills - it’s a now-cast scenario.

Wouter

chrisc90 wrote:
27 Jun 2023, 12:57
It’s going to be sunny when I go! Not planning on any rain.

Guess with any place in the hills - it’s a now-cast scenario.
Wie wird das Wetter Freitag 30.06.2023 in Spielberg bei Knittelfeld?
Wie wird das Wetter Samstag 01.07.2023 in Spielberg bei Knittelfeld?
Wie wird das Wetter Sonntag 02.07.2023 in Spielberg bei Knittelfeld?

Translated:

What will the weather be like on Friday, June 30th, 2023 in Spielberg near Knittelfeld?

In Spielberg near Knittelfeld it will be cloudless in the morning and the temperature will be 14°C.
At noon, the rains will be accompanied by thunder and lightning and the thermometer will climb to 24°C.
In the evening it will remain unsettled in Spielberg near Knittelfeld, so that it can occasionally rain with values of 14°C.
During the night there will be thunderstorms with values of 15°C.

What will the weather be like on Saturday July 1st, 2023 in Spielberg near Knittelfeld?

In Spielberg near Knittelfeld the sky is overcast in the morning, the sun cannot be seen at temperatures of 17°C.
In addition, there is rain in the afternoon and also in the evening and the temperatures are between 16 and 18 degrees.
During the night parts of the sky will be covered with clouds with a low of 12°C.

What will the weather be like on Sunday 02.07.2023 in Spielberg near Knittelfeld?

In Spielberg near Knittelfeld, clouds will form in the morning at temperatures of 13°C.
In the course of midday, the sun appears only sporadically in an otherwise cloudy sky with maximum temperatures of up to 23°C.
In the evening in Spielberg near Knittelfeld only a few clouds disturb the otherwise blue sky with temperatures of 18 to 22°C. At night it will be cloudy with low temperatures of 13°C.

It looks like a wet qualifying for the race on Friday. Maybe a wet sprintrace. And a dry GP on Sunday.
The Power of Dreams!

ispano6

Basically it's going to be a weekend that will probably see another team other than Red Bull win given RB track record of sprint races.

Perez may come to and swing the championship back into competition if he can max out points from the sprint race and race.

Sadly if the weekend is as wet as forecast then the carbon neutral efforts to use part solar power to generate power for the team garages may fall short. It will be a good gauge for how much power can be generated from the biofuel generators. Race day shouldn't be an issue weatherwise and should provide good data too.

organic

A wet Friday and Saturday will make this very interesting, especially given the sprint. It will be about nailing the setup for the Sunday so quali/sprint might have some surprises.

Hopefully RB don't have a significant advantage here as with Ferrari's upgrades, the circuit characteristics and rain posing unpredictability we might finally get a return of leclerc vs Max. If the rain does come, it'll put leclerc's wet driving to the test; it has been suspect in the past so it could be interesting

AR3-GP
AR3-GP

organic wrote:
27 Jun 2023, 19:02
A wet Friday and Saturday will make this very interesting, especially given the sprint. It will be about nailing the setup for the Sunday so quali/sprint might have some surprises.

Hopefully RB don't have a significant advantage here as with Ferrari's upgrades, the circuit characteristics and rain posing unpredictability we might finally get a return of leclerc vs Max. If the rain does come, it'll put leclerc's wet driving to the test; it has been suspect in the past so it could be interesting
For once I don't want any rain. I feel like there's a better chance of a "race" here in dry conditions.
A lion must kill its prey.

PlatinumZealot

One of the RedBulls will DNF.... And it will be a car with a number "1" on it....
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

Racing Green in 2028

mendis
mendis

PlatinumZealot wrote:
28 Jun 2023, 02:10
One of the RedBulls will DNF.... And it will be a car with a number "1" on it....
I remember the last time you wanted to see both Red Bulls start from back in Monaco. There was possibility of only 50% approval from heavens. Now you are being more specific in your ask so heavens don't get confused. :lol:

I have always seen that when people wish for misfortune on the driver they don't like, it falls on the driver they like. Amen. :wink:

AR3-GP
AR3-GP

If every bit of "wishful thinking" that was uttered on the internet came to fruition, no cars would finish any GP :lol:
A lion must kill its prey.

zibby43
zibby43

mendis wrote:
28 Jun 2023, 04:07
PlatinumZealot wrote:
I remember the last time you wanted to see both Red Bulls start from back in Monaco. There was possibility of only 50% approval from heavens. Now you are being more specific in your ask so heavens don't get confused. :lol:

I have always seen that when people wish for misfortune on the driver they don't like, it falls on the driver they like. Amen. :wink:
How’s that working out for you?

PlatinumZealot

Not really my desire tho. This streak MUST stop. And it stops this weekend. Right in their home.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

Racing Green in 2028

mendis
mendis

zibby43 wrote:
28 Jun 2023, 05:11
mendis wrote:
28 Jun 2023, 04:07
PlatinumZealot wrote:

How’s that working out for you?
Show me one post of mine!!! Get the facts. But as it stands, I am neither wishing nor complaining. Things are great. :lol:

search

AR3-GP wrote:
27 Jun 2023, 19:50
organic wrote:
27 Jun 2023, 19:02

For once I don't want any rain. I feel like there's a better chance of a "race" here in dry conditions.
there's always rain on the early forecasts for Spielberg, and in the end it turned out to be predominantly dry most years.