2023 - McLaren Formula 1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Ground Effect
Ground Effect

Re: 2023 - McLaren Formula 1 Team

Verstappen this, Leclerc that…. :lol: =D> … But seriously though, pound for pound, Lando is up there…
Q: (Stefano Mancini – La Stampa) Kimi, will you help Vettel to win his championship this year?
Kimi Raikkonen: I can only drive one car, obviously. 
@2018 Singapore Grand Prix drivers press conference.

runningmanz
runningmanz

Very good sprint qualli from Lando. Only beaten by RBR. Hard luck to Oscar. Roll on race and lets see the pace and tyre wear goes.

billamend
billamend

Ground Effect wrote:
01 Jul 2023, 12:49
Verstappen this, Leclerc that…. :lol: =D> … But seriously though, pound for pound, Lando is up there…
Verstappen and Norris would be an insane team. Red Bull sure tried to make it happen.

Darth-Piekus

Ground Effect wrote:
It's ironic though. We need more spotlight but that will come as the car performs more at the top. In the meantime I got some popcorn and see the football style fans of Red Bull and Mercedes duke it out.

Slahinki
Slahinki

runningmanz wrote:
01 Jul 2023, 12:50
Very good sprint qualli from Lando. Only beaten by RBR. Hard luck to Oscar. Roll on race and lets see the pace and tyre wear goes.
Yeah, going to be interesting to see how the update affects race pace and tyre wear after seeng how it (apparently) has moved the car up only behind RBR, and being able to compete with one of them, in qualifying.

MrGapes

Darth-Piekus wrote:
Was it used softs or new softs?
He came up on the new softs and stayed out, so last run was on used, redbull had two sets each.

Ground Effect
Ground Effect

A very good performance from the team, but as we know, race pace is the real test. I really hope there's tangible improvement in that area, enough of looking like heroes on Saturdays and clowns on Sundays. I'm also a bit cautious to see how the car will perform on the next two tracks. If we're strong on both, it would be fantastic!
Q: (Stefano Mancini – La Stampa) Kimi, will you help Vettel to win his championship this year?
Kimi Raikkonen: I can only drive one car, obviously. 
@2018 Singapore Grand Prix drivers press conference.

mclaren111

Ground Effect wrote:

Agreed... Only Max is sligthly better...

proteus

billamend wrote:
01 Jul 2023, 12:52
Ground Effect wrote:
Verstappen and Norris would be an insane team. Red Bull sure tried to make it happen.
It would be a recipe for disaster. If we are honest, we need to admit that Max is far too egoistic to have someone like Lando as his teammate and if they would have matching results this would translate to full on track slaughter. There were clashes with Ricciardo, and even few wins of Perez which is out of his league were enough to cause tensions. Lando on the other hand is used to be a team player and is quite clean on the track.
If i would get the money to start my own F1 team, i would revive Arrows

LionsHeart
LionsHeart

Comparison Lando and Oscar. The maximum speed is higher, also the car goes faster at the entrance to the turn, but at the exit the old package goes more efficiently. Perhaps the new package has yet to be revealed. https://ibb.co/QDf27pX

geogate
geogate

very disappointing. I bet a mate he would be P2

mclaren111

LionsHeart wrote:
01 Jul 2023, 14:41
Comparison Lando and Oscar. The maximum speed is higher, also the car goes faster at the entrance to the turn, but at the exit the old package goes more efficiently. Perhaps the new package has yet to be revealed. https://ibb.co/QDf27pX

Mid-Corner was one of the biggest problems as it made the car unpredictable...

MrGapes

With this being a sprint race we will see 24 laps... with lower fuel I expect the overall median gap at the end to be lower than that of the race tomorrow. Purely based on what we’ve seen in qualifying I think we will be somewhere between 0.5-0.6 slower than RedBull a lap, I expect lap times to become closer near the end, but that depends on the tyre deg. So we could maybe expect to see Ferrari, Merc, Aston somewhere at 0.3-0.5 quicker, obviously to many variables such as track conditions, temps, race condition haven’t been accounted for but… if its smooth sailing for Lando in clean air with minimal time loss, I’d say he finishes somewhere between 12-15 seconds behind the Leader by the end.

- Please remember this package has yet to even complete a consecutive ¼ of a race distance… so we could very well be much much slower.

- if it rains I have no clue

taperoo2k
taperoo2k

So far so good for this upgrade, we'll have to see how well they go in Silverstone. But it does look like the decisions made by McLaren earlier in the year have
started to pay off.

Darth-Piekus

It's raining and it's a great chance to see if Lando and Mclaren show us again the speed they've showed in Monaco.