2023 - McLaren Formula 1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
djos

Re: 2023 - McLaren Formula 1 Team

mwillems wrote:
01 Jul 2023, 21:15
I've a point for all of those who are celebrating the wonderful Aero already. I notice nobody has congratulated Peter Prodmorou on the work, given that his head has been called for 23,459 and a half times on here since last year when we were feeling a little more sensitive 😂
Clears throat
djos wrote:
30 Jun 2023, 11:19
organic wrote:
30 Jun 2023, 11:16
New parts - Austria

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Fz2_rO9WYAE ... &name=orig
Hallelujah, Praise the Lord! So good to see Peter is off the leash since Key was fired!
"In downforce we trust"

101FlyingDutchman
101FlyingDutchman

djos wrote:
02 Jul 2023, 12:01
mwillems wrote:
I've a point for all of those who are celebrating the wonderful Aero already. I notice nobody has congratulated Peter Prodmorou on the work, given that his head has been called for 23,459 and a half times on here since last year when we were feeling a little more sensitive 😂
Clears throat
djos wrote:
organic wrote:
New parts - Austria

Hallelujah, Praise the Lord! So good to see Peter is off the leash since Key was fired!
Deffo also not me. I wanted to give the guy a chance with the new windtunnel in use and really have no excuses. But it looks like this update has confirmed it to me already. We’ve been way too conservative for too long. For whichever reason that was and I won’t just blame Key. It’s too easy to do that. I’m just glad they have changed their philosophy and it’s injected a real sense of urgency/optimism into things

mwillems

djos wrote:
02 Jul 2023, 12:01
mwillems wrote:
Clears throat
djos wrote:
organic wrote:
New parts - Austria

It doesn't count, this was posted in the car thread with the marginally better behaved crowd 🤣
I'm not taking advice from a cartoon dog

-Bandit

djos

lol, touché! 🖖
"In downforce we trust"

stedevote
stedevote

mwillems wrote:
Realistically it must take a couple of months to develop a package of that size, then at least a month if not more to make it, so that work must have already started when Key was there.

lio007

It may have helped a bit as well that some Aston engineers joined the team since January - March this year.

ScottR267
ScottR267

lio007 wrote:
02 Jul 2023, 13:01
It may have helped a bit as well that some Aston engineers joined the team since January - March this year.
I’ve only seen Grant Kennedy join already and Mariano Alperin is joining albeit not sure of a confirmed date for him- however given his senior role at Aston Martin much like with Sanchez and Marshall will be a period of gardening leave.

Weren’t there stories of 15 engineers from the top teams which also included Ferrari and Red Bull….wonder who and their positions

lio007

ScottR267 wrote:
02 Jul 2023, 13:11
lio007 wrote:
02 Jul 2023, 13:01
I’ve only seen Grant Kennedy join already and Mariano Alperin is joining albeit not sure of a confirmed date for him- however given his senior role at Aston Martin much like with Sanchez and Marshall will be a period of gardening leave.

Weren’t there stories of 15 engineers from the top teams which also included Ferrari and Red Bull….wonder who and their positions
Next to Kennedy, Calvo and Zhu joined as well from Aston.

mwillems

To be fair, I was only joking about the name check, I had just noted that very specific individuals are only name checked when the fans are unhappy, for a half a weekend we are happy so it only makes sense to give them a shout out!

Still, I do think it is too early to tell how the car will work at Silverstone, for instance. None the less, a big shout out to the team for giving us such a good weekend so far.
A little over an hour to go and Lando gets a second bite at the cherry, and this is the big one, can we get some big points, will everything come together today?

I've not been excited for a race for ages, waiting for these upgrades knowing that the team was struggling and the drivers not really enjoying the car. But today I cannot wait to see how we do. I love the track at Austria, it's such a fun track, one of my favourite tracks, up their with Spa. Silverstone, Japan and Monza.
I'm not taking advice from a cartoon dog

-Bandit

organic

Looks like it might be cold again =D> it is drizzling at the track

101FlyingDutchman
101FlyingDutchman

organic wrote:
02 Jul 2023, 13:32
That should be good. As we bake the tyres. As long as we can make the gap then we can cover perhaps an extra stop that’s needed

mclaren111

mwillems wrote:
02 Jul 2023, 13:31
To be fair, I was only joking about the name check, I had just noted that very specific individuals are only name checked when the fans are unhappy, for a half a weekend we are happy so it only makes sense to give them a shout out!

Still, I do think it is too early to tell how the car will work at Silverstone, for instance. None the less, a big shout out to the team for giving us such a good weekend so far.
A little over an hour to go and Lando gets a second bite at the cherry, and this is the big one, can we get some big points, will everything come together today?

I've not been excited for a race for ages, waiting for these upgrades knowing that the team was struggling and the drivers not really enjoying the car. But today I cannot wait to see how we do. I love the track at Austria, it's such a fun track, one of my favourite tracks, up their with Spa. Silverstone, Japan and Monza.

=D> =D>

CjC
CjC

organic wrote:
02 Jul 2023, 13:32
Normally I’d welcome this news but after pumping myself up yesterday with the rain and then being disappointed at the result I’m just bracing myself for a bad race…. Wouldnt surprise me if Norris had his race ruined on the first lap. Sorry for the negativity guys🤣
Just a fan's point of view

MrGapes

PLEASE... ALL I WANT IS A CLEAN START, I don't care if both the drivers lose 1-2-3 positions just let it be clean.

Darth-Piekus

All I am saying is that I hope Lando gets at least Carlos Sainz on the start and then stay away from Verstappen as it's not safe being near him. Anyway I hope for a clean start and good luck to both drivers.

Ok clean start. Doesn't matter if he lost a place. I am confident his upgrades will help him give a fight against Hamilton and the Ferraris.

Seems that Lando might have messed a gear or something. He started as well as the rest but suddenly he seemed to have lost some speed near the end of that straight.

I am enjoying seeing Lando being competitive to a Mercedes but still we need to reduce drag even more as we don't seem to be able to pass Hamilton. What the hell. Is there a reason why 0.5 secs became 2 secs if under SC everyone goes at the same speed?