2023 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
scuderiabrandon

Re: 2023 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team

SAI 10s penatly

4 infringements +5s
5 infirngements +10s

resets after 5 due to excessive infringements

Spoutnik
Spoutnik

organic wrote:
02 Jul 2023, 18:20
Xyz22 wrote:
02 Jul 2023, 18:12
Vanja #66 wrote:
02 Jul 2023, 18:07

I'm starting to think his only goal is to beat Leclerc, doesn't care about either Championship and getting points.
I mean that has been absolutely clear since the first race. Sainz is a very quick driver especially in specific scenarios.

I think Ferrari should retain him if they want him to be their first driver. He is not a good second driver option.
Just for speculation's sake who would be a good candidate for the 2nd seat if we're assuming that they back leclerc to be a full #1 driver (which they should absolutely imo)
Not mentioned yet
Norris : Amazing race pace, will continue to developp. Will not stay at McLaren, he has the talent to become a multiple race winner. But might cause trouble to Leclerc.
Ocon : Good racer to collect the points even if he can be a "terrorist" with his teamate.
Hulkenberg : Same as Ocon, ideal to collect the points on Sunday, and he's very experienced.
... Alonso : Would be funny... 2007 all over again if Ferrari makes a title contender.
Hamilton : Rumors around. Experienced, fast, reliable, can developp a car, but will cause trouble to Leclerc and he's very expensive.
Verstappen : If the rules suddenly changes to slow down RB... why not ?

Vanja #66

scuderiabrandon wrote:
02 Jul 2023, 21:49
SAI 10s penatly

4 infringements +5s
5 infirngements +10s

I think it's like this:

1st and 2nd off track - nothing/lap time erased
3rd off-track - warning (BW flag)
4th off-track - +5s penalty
5/6th off track - nothing/lap time erased
7th off track - +10s

You only get one warning and you will have 2 more wildcards after the first penalty.

In any case, a complete disaster of his own making. Instead of a podium and 15 points, he brings home 8... #-o
And they call it a stall. A STALL!

#DwarvesAreNaturalSprinters
#BlessYouLaddie

KimiRai
KimiRai

Vanja #66 wrote:
02 Jul 2023, 22:45
I think it's like this:

7th off track - +10s

You only get one warning and you will have 2 more wildcards after the first penalty.

In any case, a complete disaster of his own making. Instead of a podium and 15 points, he brings home 8... #-o
According to Motorsport.com.

-Three infringements should have resulted in a black-and-white warning flag.

-Four infringements earn a five-second penalty.

-Five infringements earn a 10-second penalty.

-Thereafter, a "reset" has been allowed due to the "excessive number of infringements" meaning four fouls earn another five-second penalty.

So they basically made up a rule so the penalties weren't extreme (Ocon would have gotten 140 seconds worth of penalties)

Xyz22
Xyz22

scuderiabrandon wrote:
02 Jul 2023, 21:49
SAI 10s penatly

4 infringements +5s
5 infirngements +10s

All of them issued while he was behind Leclerc trying to stay within DRS :D

Vanja #66

KimiRai wrote:
02 Jul 2023, 22:57
Vanja #66 wrote:
02 Jul 2023, 22:45
I think it's like this:

7th off track - +10s

According to Motorsport.com.

-Three infringements should have resulted in a black-and-white warning flag.

-Four infringements earn a five-second penalty.

-Five infringements earn a 10-second penalty.

-Thereafter, a "reset" has been allowed due to the "excessive number of infringements" meaning four fouls earn another five-second penalty.

So they basically made up a rule so the penalties weren't extreme (Ocon would have gotten 140 seconds worth of penalties)
I'm sure I heard 7 runoffs as the second penalty between a driver and his engineer... No matter, the rules are clear - even if a total joke at this track.
And they call it a stall. A STALL!

#DwarvesAreNaturalSprinters
#BlessYouLaddie

AR3-GP
AR3-GP

@Dialtone, I'm surprised that they didn't just cancel everyone's penalties and give them all to Sainz :lol:

Vinlarr89
Vinlarr89

Can Ferrari have a good weekend at Silverstone? Really hope Leclerc can get a good quali, because today proved that now the car can manage the tyres he can stay in the race. Max is untouchable unless major upgrades come to close the gap. Late safety car would be the only hope to challenge unfortunately

dialtone
dialtone

AR3-GP wrote:@Dialtone, I'm surprised that they didn't just cancel everyone's penalties and give them all to Sainz :lol:
Pretty sure all it takes is some protest about this and FIA will give some extra penalties to take next race for Sainz alone.

scuderiabrandon

Vinlarr89 wrote:
02 Jul 2023, 23:19
Can Ferrari have a good weekend at Silverstone? Really hope Leclerc can get a good quali, because today proved that now the car can manage the tyres he can stay in the race. Max is untouchable unless major upgrades come to close the gap. Late safety car would be the only hope to challenge unfortunately
Track is as close to Barcelona as you'll get, our race pace there was hideous. Front limited and highspeed circuits have been a nightmare for us. The high speed sections at Austria didn't look too bad, hopefully this is a sign of the upgrades working. I've kept my expectations and comments regarding upgrades and their improvements very conservative for this reason alone.

Good pace at Silverstone would bode well for the upgrades :)

organic

It looks like it may be very warm next week so this may be good for the car, judging by its recent characteristics

Spoutnik
Spoutnik

Silverstone is Leclerc's favorite track by far (according to him).
He outperformed the car massively here :

- 2020 : P3 in a tractor (although he benefited from Bottas puncture, he was P4 before). The SF1000 had so much drag he was running a pretty low DF setup but he made it work.
- 2021 : P3 in qualy/Sprint. Keep Hamilton behind for most of the race.
- 2022 : Ironically one of the race were the gap with Sainz was the biggest in the season despite the final result not showing it.

Xyz22
Xyz22

Spoutnik wrote:
03 Jul 2023, 00:03
Silverstone is Leclerc's favorite track by far (according to him).
He outperformed the car massively here :

- 2020 : P3 in a tractor (although he benefited from Bottas puncture, he was P4 before). The SF1000 had so much drag he was running a pretty low DF setup but he made it work.
- 2021 : P3 in qualy/Sprint. Keep Hamilton behind for most of the race.
- 2022 : Ironically one of the race were the gap with Sainz was the biggest in the season despite the final result not showing it.
The SF 23 is also the car he hates the most so...

f1316
f1316

Here’s my summary:

- clear step forward for the car. Of course, even 2nd place is not why we watch Ferrari but you can’t deny the progress and that’s encouraging

- Charles sounded surprisingly optimistic for Silverstone. I know he personally likes the circuit but you wouldn’t think it would suit this car. Either they think they’ve really improved in fast corners or perhaps they’re confident re deployment (since there’s A LOT of on throttle at Silverstone these days)

- the track limits stuff is farcical. They used to run right off the track in 2003 and no one cared - just make it disadvantageous to do so (by and large, who really cares if they occasionally find a corner where it’s better to run wide? As long as it’s the same for everyone) and we won’t have an issue.

- obvious logic from Fred on why they ran the race the way they did and , although I think Carlos was generally pretty good this weekend, clearly he should have done better on track limits.

- I still think Giovanazzi would be a good number 2 for Ferrari. He is quick and we saw at Le Mans how capable he still is. He wouldn’t beat Leclerc, would play the team game (without ego) and that would ultimately be helpful for stability but I also think he’d do the business as a back up if and when given a decent car

scuderiabrandon

f1316 wrote:
03 Jul 2023, 00:36
Here’s my summary:

- clear step forward for the car. Of course, even 2nd place is not why we watch Ferrari but you can’t deny the progress and that’s encouraging

- Charles sounded surprisingly optimistic for Silverstone. I know he personally likes the circuit but you wouldn’t think it would suit this car. Either they think they’ve really improved in fast corners or perhaps they’re confident re deployment (since there’s A LOT of on throttle at Silverstone these days)

- the track limits stuff is farcical. They used to run right off the track in 2003 and no one cared - just make it disadvantageous to do so (by and large, who really cares if they occasionally find a corner where it’s better to run wide? As long as it’s the same for everyone) and we won’t have an issue.

- obvious logic from Fred on why they ran the race the way they did and , although I think Carlos was generally pretty good this weekend, clearly he should have done better on track limits.

- I still think Giovanazzi would be a good number 2 for Ferrari. He is quick and we saw at Le Mans how capable he still is. He wouldn’t beat Leclerc, would play the team game (without ego) and that would ultimately be helpful for stability but I also think he’d do the business as a back up if and when given a decent car
Charles' expressed his concerns with the high speeds nature of Silverstone in the post race press conference. He also acknowledges the weakness in high speed corners.

If I'm trying to be optimistic as possible, he sounded a little unsure so they are obviously hoping for improvements in this area