2023 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Vinlarr89
Vinlarr89

Re: 2023 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team

I think leclerc showed some decent pace in his mini stint, but cautious as it was running old style beam wing
Potentially need the higher DF setup here

organic

Sainz's laptimes from fp2. Courtesy of u/btrams on Reddit

Link to full results

scuderiabrandon

Vinlarr89 wrote:
07 Jul 2023, 18:31
I think leclerc showed some decent pace in his mini stint, but cautious as it was running old style beam wing
Race pace seems more competitive on the soft, the medium goes to sh-t. We match the RB on the straights but lose out in the traction zones. I suspect a bit of overheating on the medium tyre. Big improvement with DRS open with new BW. Some key differences in the driving style between SAI and LEC. LEC more throttle % in the high speed. This is a little bit of a trend with him even at other circuits. This could very well changes when LEC runs the new BW. Let's wait for a heads up comparison instead.

LEC had some very strange clipping behavior in the telemetry (or could just be engine mode?) at the end of the straights in FP1, could this be related to the electrical issue in FP2?

60% chance of rain when FP3 comes around, 0% chance of rain when qualifying comes around. Race looks to be dry.
Last edited by scuderiabrandon on 07 Jul 2023, 19:10, edited 1 time in total.

dialtone
dialtone

scuderiabrandon wrote:
Vinlarr89 wrote:
Race pace seems more competitive on the soft, the medium goes to sh-t. We match the RB on the straights but lose out in the traction zones. I suspect a bit of overheating on the medium tyre. Big improvement with DRS open with new BW. Some key differences in the driving style between SAI and LEC. LEC more throttle % in the high speed. This is a little bit of a trend with him even at other circuits. This could very well changes when LEC runs the new BW. Let's wait for a heads up comparison instead.

LEC had some very strange clipping behavior in the telemetry at the end of the straights in FP1, could this be related to the electrical issue in FP2?

60% chance of rain when FP3 comes around, 0% chance of rain when qualifying comes around. Race looks to be dry.
Clipping is more due to higher DF wing that uses more of the power and they run out, but maybe it's the electric problem.

AR3-GP
AR3-GP

dialtone wrote:
07 Jul 2023, 19:08
scuderiabrandon wrote:
Vinlarr89 wrote:

LEC had some very strange clipping behavior in the telemetry at the end of the straights in FP1, could this be related to the electrical issue in FP2?

https://ibb.co/hZmzmG4

Clipping is more due to higher DF wing that uses more of the power and they run out, but maybe it's the electric problem.
Isn’t this just the usual Ferrari FP1 mode?

dialtone
dialtone

AR3-GP wrote:
dialtone wrote:
scuderiabrandon wrote: Race pace seems more competitive on the soft, the medium goes to sh-t. We match the RB on the straights but lose out in the traction zones. I suspect a bit of overheating on the medium tyre. Big improvement with DRS open with new BW. Some key differences in the driving style between SAI and LEC. LEC more throttle % in the high speed. This is a little bit of a trend with him even at other circuits. This could very well changes when LEC runs the new BW. Let's wait for a heads up comparison instead.

One would assume that SAI and LEC are using the same engine mode.

scuderiabrandon

AR3-GP wrote:
07 Jul 2023, 19:09
dialtone wrote:
scuderiabrandon wrote:

I apologize, it seems consistent with the behavior of SAI's car in fp1. Then I would say not related to the issue in fp2

Vinlarr89
Vinlarr89

Think Ferrari normally ramp up the PU in FP2 no? Has anyone got an FP1 v FP1 comparison?

f1316
f1316

organic wrote:
07 Jul 2023, 18:42
https://i.imgur.com/oeCkID7.jpeg

Link to full results
This looks pretty good on the softs - medium run more difficult to tell since so short. But bringing them back to a 33 seems comparatively good vs the laps I was seeing others doing in track.

Anyone have the full chart with all teams on there?

organic

f1316 wrote:
07 Jul 2023, 19:18
organic wrote:
07 Jul 2023, 18:42
https://i.imgur.com/oeCkID7.jpeg

Link to full results
This looks pretty good on the softs - medium run more difficult to tell since so short. But bringing them back to a 33 seems comparatively good vs the laps I was seeing others doing in track.

Anyone have the full chart with all teams on there?
The link to the entire chart is in the original message you replied to.

But here is again

https://imgur.com/a/z067QCJ

Xyz22
Xyz22

Leclerc will have a penalty so the race pace won't really matter for him.

Vanja #66

organic wrote:
07 Jul 2023, 17:47
From my initial impression Sainz's race pace looks poor so I am concerned the setup may not protect the tyres enough here
Sainz was basically half a second a lap slower than Leclerc in the race last year, so I wouldn't take his times too much into account so far.

On the other hand, Leclerc's whole team needs a thorough revision, both the wall and the mechanics, it's unacceptable that these things happen on his car, when the other car can be maintained to perfect reliability.
And they call it a stall. A STALL!

#DwarvesAreNaturalSprinters
#BlessYouLaddie

dialtone
dialtone

Vinlarr89 wrote:
07 Jul 2023, 19:16
Think Ferrari normally ramp up the PU in FP2 no? Has anyone got an FP1 v FP1 comparison?

It's hard to compare because the softs seem to just disintegrate even in the hands of Verstappen, the Medium seems a more solid tyre. But both Max and Carlos had a stint that started fast, got slow, then put in another fast lap and were overall pretty similar. Then the medium stint from Carlos was short.

scuderiabrandon

"Tomorrow is another day but the engineers don't expect to face a penalty on Charles.
It would be important to have at least one slick session and further feedback. The SF-23 seemed to be on a good footing"

Vanja #66

Good
And they call it a stall. A STALL!

#DwarvesAreNaturalSprinters
#BlessYouLaddie