2023 British Grand Prix - Silverstone, July 07 - 09

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
Spoutnik
Spoutnik

Re: 2023 British Grand Prix - Silverstone, July 07 - 09

It will be a very interesting race bar Verstappen.
- Can McLaren deliver on sunday ?
- Mercedes looks out of position if their race pace is as promising as it is said to be
- Ferrari looks strong out there and its Charles favorite track
- The Alpine were strong here last year but they suffer a big set back
- what about the AM who are nowhere on this track

Can't wait
My forecast (Verstappen has no luck for whatever reason on this track so I dont think he will win "somehow") :
- LEC
- HAM
- NOR

chrisc90

I seriously can’t see Mercedes getting past Ferrari. Those Ferrari were quick last weekend in Austria.

Oscar is going to need to keep his elbows firmly out to keep the Ferrari behind.

Max will have at least a 1 second lead by the end of the first lap and will simply drive to a delta once he has cleared the DRS threat from behind. The delta will be enough to ensure it voids any under/over cut threats from boxing to ensure he comes back out in 1st.

Seriously don’t think the Mercedes have the pace to threaten the Ferrari, maybe 1, but certainly not both. I imagine it might end up being a bit of a scrap with one of the mclarens, likely Oscar, once the Ferrari clear him.
Of course we need to watch Perez come through from behind and Alonso is a little out of position too. Although I’m not sure there’s any race pace in that car to push forwards.

Podium: Ver, Lec, Nor

Wouter

Lando drove the same longrun times on the Hards as Lewis on the Softs. 1.34.00 during 9/8 rounds.
Leclerc didn't run a longrun. Carlos 9 rounds on the Softs, average 1.34.5.

I would like to see this podium this afternoon, but I don't think it will be happen for Piastri. His longruns were 1.34.7 on the Softs.

Last edited by Wouter on 09 Jul 2023, 13:25, edited 2 times in total.
The Power of Dreams!

AMG.Tzan

Is the guy commentating with Palmer on F1 TV the old voice of Eurosport back in the CART days?? 😳
"The only rule is there are no rules" - Aristotle Onassis

Juzh

AMG.Tzan wrote:
09 Jul 2023, 12:48
Is the guy commentating with Palmer on F1 TV the old voice of Eurosport back in the CART days?? 😳
If you mean Ben Edwards then I think he is, yes.

mclaren111

Juzh wrote:
09 Jul 2023, 13:30
AMG.Tzan wrote:
09 Jul 2023, 12:48
If you mean Ben Edwards then I think he is, yes.

Much Better than Crofty.... :D

Wouter

Great to see the Drivers Parade is one big Lando show!! Everybody is cheering for him and he enjoys it. =D>

The Power of Dreams!

InsaneX_Badger

Only just realised Max hasn't won the British Grand Prix yet, don't see much taking it away from him today. Could be a great weekend for Red Bull for their second home race. Really hoping that Ferrari and Mercedes are faster than McLaren in race trim so we see us having some racing.

Evo2racer
Evo2racer

chrisc90 wrote:
09 Jul 2023, 11:59
I seriously can’t see Mercedes getting past Ferrari. Those Ferrari were quick last weekend in Austria.

Oscar is going to need to keep his elbows firmly out to keep the Ferrari behind.

Max will have at least a 1 second lead by the end of the first lap and will simply drive to a delta once he has cleared the DRS threat from behind. The delta will be enough to ensure it voids any under/over cut threats from boxing to ensure he comes back out in 1st.

Seriously don’t think the Mercedes have the pace to threaten the Ferrari, maybe 1, but certainly not both. I imagine it might end up being a bit of a scrap with one of the mclarens, likely Oscar, once the Ferrari clear him.
Of course we need to watch Perez come through from behind and Alonso is a little out of position too. Although I’m not sure there’s any race pace in that car to push forwards.

Podium: Ver, Lec, Nor
I strongly believe that tire deg will be a major issue for Ferrari on this track !

No reason to believe they have found a solution IMO

chrisc90

InsaneX_Badger wrote:
09 Jul 2023, 14:36
Only just realised Max hasn't won the British Grand Prix yet, don't see much taking it away from him today. Could be a great weekend for Red Bull for their second home race. Really hoping that Ferrari and Mercedes are faster than McLaren in race trim so we see us having some racing.
Max won the 70th Anniversary race here in 2020 when Silverstone hosted 2 x GP's. A lot of people seem to forget that one.

organic

InsaneX_Badger wrote:
Indeed. He won the 70th anniversary grand prix at Silverstone but never the British grand prix despite how quick he is here. Amusing :D

atanatizante

So LEC and HAM on 1 stop M-H race, SAI and RUS on 2 stops M-H-M, with both Macca drivers on 2 stop S-H-M or S-M-H... what do you think guys?
"I don`t have all the answers. Try Google!"
Jesus

organic

atanatizante wrote:
09 Jul 2023, 14:42
https://postimg.cc/yD9ZQW1h
https://postimg.cc/zHZmkd0F

So LEC and HAM on 1 stop M-H race, SAI and RUS on 2 stops M-H-M, with both Macca drivers on 2 stop S-H-M or S-M-H... what do you think guys?
Neither Sainz nor Russell have the tyres to run M-H-M ?

Lec is the only driver with tyres left to run a 2-stop without using the soft

chrisc90

Wow, Alonso with no new tyres. How did that happen!

InsaneX_Badger

chrisc90 wrote:
09 Jul 2023, 14:41
InsaneX_Badger wrote:
Max won the 70th Anniversary race here in 2020 when Silverstone hosted 2 x GP's. A lot of people seem to forget that one.
Nah I hadn't forgot, he won that as the car and himself kept the tyres alive while the Mercs were burning through them but it's not the British GP. It's the same with Lewis with Austrian GP, if you ignore the Styrian GP from 2020, he hasn't won since Rosberg and Lewis collided last lap in 2016.