2023 Oracle Red Bull Racing F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Sieper

Re: 2023 Oracle Red Bull Racing F1 Team

Juzh wrote:
08 Jul 2023, 20:01
Jaisonas wrote:
08 Jul 2023, 17:21
vorticism wrote:
08 Jul 2023, 17:14
Suppose he's earning it but people had almost the opposite opinion of Perez only a few months ago.
Besides a couple of shining moments he has been nothing more than an above average midfield driver and i'd like to think that most fans knew that.
Verstappen is washed, everyone who's watched f1 for 5 minutes this year knows this.
I think Jasonias was talking about Perez. Who is a solid subtopper imho.

PlatinumZealot

Perez is pannicking and overdriving. Not the signs of a top driver. He's very good in the race, but if the other cars become nearly as quick as RB then he becomes a liability.

I don't even agree with putting Danny Ric in the car. Danny is washed up. In fact looking at the RB stable there is not really any body there quick enough to challenge Max. Get Hulkenberg, Zhou or Lando in the seat, is what I would do.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

Racing Green in 2028

AR3-GP
AR3-GP

PlatinumZealot wrote:
08 Jul 2023, 21:38
Perez is pannicking and overdriving. Not the signs of a top driver. He's very good in the race, but if the other cars become nearly as quick as RB then he becomes a liability.

I don't even agree with putting Danny Ric in the car. Danny is washed up. In fact looking at the RB stable there is not really any body there quick enough to challenge Max. Get Hulkenberg, Zhou or Lando in the seat, is what I would do.
Lando was made an offer. He turned it down. Lando is not a viable option.

Marko has insisted that Perez is the best of the available options.
A lion must kill its prey.

Juzh

Sieper wrote:
08 Jul 2023, 21:23
Juzh wrote:
08 Jul 2023, 20:01
Jaisonas wrote:
08 Jul 2023, 17:21

Besides a couple of shining moments he has been nothing more than an above average midfield driver and i'd like to think that most fans knew that.
Verstappen is washed, everyone who's watched f1 for 5 minutes this year knows this.
I think Jasonias was talking about Perez. Who is a solid subtopper imho.
Haha you're right, i misread that completely. My post was a joke anyway hopefully none took it seriously.

vorticism

Last edited by vorticism on 09 Jul 2023, 00:40, edited 1 time in total.
𓄀

chrisc90

Looks like Max took the time for a little interview on life outside of F1 this weekend.

https://vm.tiktok.com/ZGJ4j6SFx/

Apologies for the tiktok link. Times are getting modern

Mchamilton
Mchamilton

Red bull need to bin de vries, put Lawson in the AT, then decide between tsunoda and Lawson to partner Max next year. Failing that it has to be somebody like lando or tempt Albon back again

organic

PlatinumZealot wrote:
08 Jul 2023, 21:38

I think they've tried getting Lando but he turned down the contract a couple of times and now he's on a big deal.

Zhou.. I don't think so. He is inconsistent and frankly not a brilliant talent. Comparison with a Bottas that seems barely with his head in the game is favourable. Bad weekends are shrouded by the car itself's inconsistency and lack of performance.

They had the chance to get Hulk at the end of 2020 and went for Perez instead. Hulk seems like a bit of a quali expert and under these regs that isn't really what you want. If all else fails I could see them going in his direction though.

PlatinumZealot

Zhou was impressive as a rookie. And i think quicker than most think he is. I rate him higher than Tsunoda.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

Racing Green in 2028

AR3-GP
AR3-GP

PlatinumZealot wrote:
09 Jul 2023, 01:16
Zhou was impressive as a rookie. And i think quicker than most think he is. I rate him higher than Tsunoda.
None of the Merc and RB camps were pushing for Zhou. I think that's a decent barometer for his worth. Not bad, but not a Hamilton successor or a Verstappen rival either.
A lion must kill its prey.

organic

PlatinumZealot wrote:
09 Jul 2023, 01:16
His junior career was not impressive. I watched him in junior formulae and his ability is just not a high level. Being flattered at Alfa Romeo 100% and won't be picked up by another team when Audi choose to replace him with a stronger talent. He's an alpine academy reject and even with RB's current drought of talent they didn't even sniff around when it was obvious he was going to be let go from alpine.. but sure you know better based on the 15 mins of total broadcasting he's received over the past year :?

Perhaps you rate Zhou a lot better because you are simply overrating bottas

Yuki was impressive and rated highly because he came from Asian series to Europe and was immediately up to speed with the European guys who knows the tracks and have no culture barrier. Already in F2 rookie year tsunoda was already on pole in his second race, had multiple race wins, and set multiple lap records in qualifying across the season..

Zhou had 2 poles and 1 win across his first two seasons in F2, which is generally the period considered for serious F1 graduates. In the same period of time his teammates, neither of whom made it close to F1, achieved 7 victories and 6 poles. Outclassed and overshadowed, which you wouldn't expect to ever happen to someone that can be a top tier F1 driver who would do better than a hulk/Perez each with over a decade of experience...

Junior career to F1 success isn't 1:1 but I think there's a reason why F1 team driver academies use them as a general barometer for progress of their juniors and assessment of their readiness for relative steps up.

Look at all of the top drivers in F1, or even mid-level talents like stroll or Ocon or even low level talents like Sargeant and they have vastly more impressive junior careers than Zhou. He's been catapulted by funding and opportunity above his class

Wouter

chrisc90 wrote:
08 Jul 2023, 22:39
Looks like Max took the time for a little interview on life outside of F1 this weekend.

https://vm.tiktok.com/ZGJ4j6SFx/

Apologies for the tiktok link. Times are getting modern
Thanx. Here is the whole interview with Steve Jones. (14 min):

This one with Steve was before the Siverstone weekend two years ago (huge Max crash):

Before that Steve picked him up from Cranfield Airport disguised as a taxi driver. Hilarious!

The Power of Dreams!

vorticism

Was this a good recovery for Perez?
𓄀

chrisc90

Showed nothing special, but a good recovery regardless. The safety car helped him get a few positions.

Rikhart
Rikhart

I would replace Perez with Albon in a heartbeat, he has been having a very, very nice season.