2023 Oracle Red Bull Racing F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
CaribouBread
CaribouBread

Re: 2023 Oracle Red Bull Racing F1 Team

A bit Off Topic ( :? ) Organic mentioned it, but its official now Riccy in AT

Last edited by CaribouBread on 11 Jul 2023, 17:03, edited 1 time in total.

Alonsismo
Alonsismo

the only way to make the fight interesting is to put Max and Fernando in Red Bull.

scuderiabrandon

Alonsismo wrote:
11 Jul 2023, 17:02
the only way to make the fight interesting is to put Max and Fernando in Red Bull.
Complete opposite vehicle behavior preferences. RB19 is 100% catered to Max' driving style.

PackFansXL
PackFansXL

I can't wait to see how Daniel 2.0 performs. Unfortunately, his car limits him so he will really only be competing with Tsunoda but it will be fun to have his personality back on the grid.

101FlyingDutchman
101FlyingDutchman

scuderiabrandon wrote:
11 Jul 2023, 18:32
Alonsismo wrote:
Complete opposite vehicle behavior preferences. RB19 is 100% catered to Max' driving style.
Is it though? I thought Alonso quite liked some oversteer in the car. Eg strong front end. Anyways, won’t happen. They’ll look for a young gun at some stage. Wouldn’t be surprised if they’re starting to evaluate Piastri for that seat. He’s making waves

scuderiabrandon

101FlyingDutchman wrote:
11 Jul 2023, 19:01
scuderiabrandon wrote:
Alonsismo wrote:
Is it though? I thought Alonso quite liked some oversteer in the car. Eg strong front end. Anyways, won’t happen. They’ll look for a young gun at some stage. Wouldn’t be surprised if they’re starting to evaluate Piastri for that seat. He’s making waves
you must not be familiar with ALO's game

organic

101FlyingDutchman wrote:
11 Jul 2023, 19:01
scuderiabrandon wrote:
Alonsismo wrote:
Alonso prefers a stable rear and a bit of understeer historically

Max prefers absolutely no understeer and will live with a very unstable rear if it's required to dial out understeer

I wouldn't say that the rb19 is the opposite of Alonso's preferences. Checo said he felt very comfortable with the rb19 at the start of the year and it is not geared towards himself or max. Both of the drivers were capable with it at the beginning of the year, so I don't see why Alonso wouldn't be okay. I think as the season has gone on, the understeer has become worse if anything.

Anyway way too hypothetical

Wouter

Last Wednesday Horner, David Coulthard and the RBR/SAT drivers had a charity event for Wings For Life.

Afterwards Max had an interview with CNN. I could only find this video on Tumblr:

https://www.tumblr.com/maxielonceagain/ ... urce=share
The Power of Dreams!

organic

https://formu1a.uno/red-bull-e-quella-v ... n-leclerc/

Formu1a reports that there is pressure from Liberty on RB to have two top drivers should the car be dominant.

According to Formu1a, RB and leclerc made contact at the end of May and Marko-Norris in recent weeks.

Seems Oliver Mintzlaff's replacement of Dietrich may also be a factor. He could be also pushing for the same thing.

chrisc90

I’d rather have Norris than Charles. Rivalry goes back to the karting days with Max and Charles. And there was a few ‘inchedents’ between the two. Would that change if you put Charles in a championship winning car?

organic

chrisc90 wrote:
12 Jul 2023, 12:40
I’d rather have Norris than Charles. Rivalry goes back to the karting days with Max and Charles. And there was a few ‘inchedents’ between the two. Would that change if you put Charles in a championship winning car?
I'd rather leclerc. Leclerc's quali prowess and Max's racecraft would make for some interesting battles :D

Whenever max and leclerc have gone wheel to wheel it has been very fair and the two respect each other hugely. I think max already having multiple WDCs by the time a leclerc or Norris becomes his teammate would help the dynamic.. less likely to become a rosberg/Hamilton rivalry that way?

chrisc90

organic wrote:
12 Jul 2023, 12:42
chrisc90 wrote:
I'd rather leclerc. Leclerc's quali prowess and Max's racecraft would make for some interesting battles :D

Whenever max and leclerc have gone wheel to wheel it has been very fair and the two respect each other hugely. I think max already having multiple WDCs by the time a leclerc or Norris becomes his teammate would help the dynamic.. less likely to become a rosberg/Hamilton rivalry that way?
Charles is often riding the line of the limits, and he’s already stacked it numerous times this year by being over the limit. You don’t see that from Norris.

Stacking a car 2-3 times a season soon eats up budgets

organic

chrisc90 wrote:
12 Jul 2023, 12:45
organic wrote:
12 Jul 2023, 12:42
chrisc90 wrote:

Charles is often riding the line of the limits, and he’s already stacked it numerous times this year by being over the limit. You don’t see that from Norris.

Stacking a car 2-3 times a season soon eats up budgets
That's true. Norris rarely has incidents or crashes. He's probably the cleanest of the younger drivers

Cs98
Cs98

scuderiabrandon wrote:
Alonsismo wrote:
Alonso is versatile. The RB is nothing like it used to be under the previous regs. It's a balanced car now.

Macklaren
Macklaren

organic wrote:
12 Jul 2023, 12:34
https://formu1a.uno/red-bull-e-quella-v ... n-leclerc/

Formu1a reports that there is pressure from Liberty on RB to have two top drivers should the car be dominant.

According to Formu1a, RB and leclerc made contact at the end of May and Marko-Norris in recent weeks.

Seems Oliver Mintzlaff's replacement of Dietrich may also be a factor. He could be also pushing for the same thing.
This makes no sense...why would Liberty want to kill the competition by forcing the dominant team to take on TWO dominant drivers. Also who will pay for all those driver budgets? If anything, Liberty should be trying to convince RBR to take on the worst possible second driver so keep the competition interesting