2023 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Vanja #66

Re: 2023 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team

Andres125sx wrote:
16 Jul 2023, 13:24
Opinion: Ferrari will lose both Lecrerc, because they will not provide a title contender car to him, but also Sainz for this unfair behaviour with him, despite he´s always been a true team player with Ferrari, and any other team

Basically Ferrari continue his tendency to ruin every single department, if some is working nice, Ferrari will manage to make it explode in no time #-o
Why should Ferrari be desparate to keep Sainz, the driver with worst results since Jean Alesi?
And they call it a stall. A STALL!

#DwarvesAreNaturalSprinters
#BlessYouLaddie

CMSMJ1
CMSMJ1

Vanja #66 wrote:
16 Jul 2023, 13:59
Andres125sx wrote:
16 Jul 2023, 13:24
Opinion: Ferrari will lose both Lecrerc, because they will not provide a title contender car to him, but also Sainz for this unfair behaviour with him, despite he´s always been a true team player with Ferrari, and any other team

Basically Ferrari continue his tendency to ruin every single department, if some is working nice, Ferrari will manage to make it explode in no time #-o
Why should Ferrari be desparate to keep Sainz, the driver with worst results since Jean Alesi?
Where do you draw the line?

Neither driver are really going to step up and declare their results are in line with their talents?

Carlos is good and delivering in spite of the team being incapable of managing a race or developing a car.
Charles is delivering better against the same headwinds but it does seem that the team favour him.
IMPERATOR REX ANGLORUM

chrisc90

Carlos has probably made less mistakes too this season.

ME4ME

Vanja #66 wrote:
I respect you here on the forum, but can you drop the repetitive negativity towards Sainz and his fans already. He's hardly Ferraris main problem at the moment, and isn't doing too badly currently.

Vanja #66

CMSMJ1 wrote:
16 Jul 2023, 14:21
Where do you draw the line?

Neither driver are really going to step up and declare their results are in line with their talents?

Carlos is good and delivering in spite of the team being incapable of managing a race or developing a car.
Charles is delivering better against the same headwinds but it does seem that the team favour him.
It has been drawn last year --> viewtopic.php?p=1104074#p1104074

Carlos was making loads of driver errors, throughout the entire season. Even after he was gifted contract extension for 2 full years (completely mind-boggling decision considering his results, when a 1+1 team option extension was more than a generous offer) he immediately made a big mistake in Imola Q session and also made a big mistake in Spain in T4 on lap 7 which ultimately cost him an easy podium with Leclerc's PU saying "I'm out".

The reality is Carlos is simply not delivering. He lost 39 points in races so far this season, all on his own. The only improvement from last year is that he's not making DNF mistakes, at least not yet. There hadn't been a driver in Ferrari that made so many mistakes in the last 25 years, at least.

Leclerc on the other hand lost 0 points in races this year. The team lost him at least 2 podiums (Bahrain, Monaco). PU issue in Bahrain alone lost him 15 points and gave Carlos 2, which would turn around the positions in the Championship. So we can only begin to imagine what would have happened if Xavi hadn't made so many mistakes as Leclerc's engineer. Monaco podium, Austria Sprint podium, the list goes on... The team knows this, Leclerc knows, Sainz knows...

#BlessYouLaddie

chrisc90

ME4ME wrote:
16 Jul 2023, 15:22
Vanja #66 wrote:
I respect you here on the forum, but can you drop the repetitive negativity towards Sainz and his fans already. He's hardly Ferraris main problem at the moment, and isn't doing too badly currently.
=D> =D> =D>

Vanja #66

ME4ME wrote:
16 Jul 2023, 15:22
So it's ok for other members to fabricate stories of poor performance about one driver and excuses for mistakes of the other, but it's not ok for me to point out completely unnecessary mistakes in races of either driver (hey, it's not my fault only one of them is making any) and voice my dissatisfaction about it as a fan of the team? :)

If I was silent about the many mistakes the team makes, I would have kept quiet about driver performance. But I'm not, so I won't. It's been sh!t being a Tifosi for the last 15 years and many of us have had it.

#BlessYouLaddie

scuderiabrandon

chrisc90 wrote:
16 Jul 2023, 14:56
The driver that is 2nd in damage costs? Crashed in FP2 in Monaco, spun in Monaco during the race just after almost taking Ocon out. Crashed in Canada FP, who also got 15sec worth of off track penalties in Austria.

Last edited by scuderiabrandon on 16 Jul 2023, 17:17, edited 2 times in total.

scuderiabrandon

I'm with Vanja on this one. Correcting someone who is spewing false information isn't hating. Simply providing more factually correct counter arguments.

<Personal stuff removed>.

5 of the last 7 Ferrari race wins have come from LEC. 18 of the last 24 pole positions have come from LEC. Don't you think he deserves to be favoured. Ferrari's priotizing LEC because they are obviously afraid to lose him. If SAI was the much quicker, much more consistent, much less error prone driver, as the SAI fans make it out to be, why aren't they prioritizing him? Because that narrative is simply false. Ferrari themsleves could care less about who brings them the results they want, all they want is someone to do it, and obviously they see it with LEC.
Last edited by scuderiabrandon on 16 Jul 2023, 17:29, edited 2 times in total.

chrisc90

scuderiabrandon wrote:
16 Jul 2023, 17:04
chrisc90 wrote:
The driver that is 2nd in damage costs? Spun in Monaco during the race just after almost taking Ocon out. Who also got 15sec worth of off track penalties in Austria.
Dont forget that Charles has crashed twice in the same corner in Miami. Crashed in Baku. Crash in Australia....

scuderiabrandon

chrisc90 wrote:
16 Jul 2023, 17:15
scuderiabrandon wrote:
16 Jul 2023, 17:04
chrisc90 wrote:
The driver that is 2nd in damage costs? Spun in Monaco during the race just after almost taking Ocon out. Who also got 15sec worth of off track penalties in Austria.
Dont forget that Charles has crashed twice in the same corner in Miami. Crashed in Baku. Crash in Australia....
The number are up there to speak for itself, Charles isn't even top 10 driver damages. Baku he lost a front wing after securing pole? Do you consider front wing damage after getting pole a mistake? Australia was deemed a racing incident which it indeed was, do you consider racing incidents mistakes? The word implies exactly what it means.

That reminds me of SAI punting ALO in Australia aswell. You are willing to point out LEC mistakes but not the SAI mistake I missed?

Miami is the only rightful mistakes you can claim on him.

chrisc90

A bit unfair to try and measure costings, as nobody but the team know how much the repair bill was for the car.

People here seem very quick to criticise Sainz, and leap to the defence of Charles.
They both make mistakes, the team makes simple mistakes. But I think it’s wrong to always paint a picture that one driver is always in the wrong.

scuderiabrandon

chrisc90 wrote:
16 Jul 2023, 17:30
A bit unfair to try and measure coatings, as nobody but the team know how much the repair bill was for the car.

People here seem very quick to criticise Sainz, and leap to the defence of Charles.
It is a fair argument since "LEC cost Ferrari too much money" is a go to argument made by people.

Please make a compelling argument in defence of Sainz' mistakes, without going the victim route all Sainz fans seem to do.

The ol' classic 'nobody knows' but the teams, the pricing of components is a fairly open discussion on the internet. There is correlation between the amount of incidents on track and the damage numbers. The more incidents, the higher the damage costs. Only variable is the profile of the incident. Which in anycase is in favor of Sainz who has had 2 high profile crashes in Monaco and Canada.

Last edited by scuderiabrandon on 16 Jul 2023, 17:45, edited 2 times in total.

chrisc90

scuderiabrandon wrote:
16 Jul 2023, 17:38
chrisc90 wrote:
A bit unfair to try and measure coatings, as nobody but the team know how much the repair bill was for the car.

Please make a compelling argument in defence of Sainz' mistakes, without going the victim route all Sainz fans seem to do.

The ol' classic 'nobody knows' but the teams. There is a correlation between the amount of incidents on track and the damage numbers. The more incidents, the higher the damage costs. Only variable is the profile of the incident. Which in anycase is in favor of Sainz who has had 2 high profile crashes in Monaco and Canada.

I'm not a Sainz or a Leclerc fan to be honest, so the point about defending a certain driver for being a fan goes out the window.

You just have to go back and read the last 3-4 pages on this thread to realise some of the narratives some people have on the other member of the team.

scuderiabrandon

chrisc90 wrote:
16 Jul 2023, 17:45
scuderiabrandon wrote:
16 Jul 2023, 17:38
chrisc90 wrote:

The ol' classic 'nobody knows' but the teams. There is a correlation between the amount of incidents on track and the damage numbers. The more incidents, the higher the damage costs. Only variable is the profile of the incident. Which in anycase is in favor of Sainz who has had 2 high profile crashes in Monaco and Canada.

I'm not a Sainz or a Leclerc fan to be honest, so the point about defending a certain driver for being a fan goes out the window.

You just have to go back and read the last 3-4 pages on this thread to realise some of the narratives some people have on the other member of the team.
You certainly are showing biased towards the Sainz camp.
=D> =D> =D>
Defend against people who spread misinformation

Again, pointing out false information ins't hate as this person said here, which you applaud despite Andreas doing the exact opposite thing, which doesn't get called out by this person. And as you've advised me to do, I advise to to scroll back to Andreas older post in this forum thread.

So what do we call you, a closet Sainz fan, it vertainly seems this way?
Last edited by scuderiabrandon on 16 Jul 2023, 18:02, edited 2 times in total.