2023 Oracle Red Bull Racing F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
carisi2k

Re: 2023 Oracle Red Bull Racing F1 Team

I really don't understand why Red Bull are bringing anything more for this year aside from small changes depending on the circuit. They have no need to do it and it will only affect there cost cap.

The only reason I can think of is because they are so far below the cost cap that they want to introduce something for the RB20 that can come out of the RB19's budget.
Last edited by carisi2k on 20 Jul 2023, 02:10, edited 1 time in total.

AR3-GP
AR3-GP

carisi2k wrote:
20 Jul 2023, 02:05
I really don't understand why Red Bull are bringing anything more for this year aside from small changes depending on the circuit. They have no need to do it and it will only affect there cost cap.
To help with 2024 design direction.
A lion must kill its prey.

Willy
Willy

carisi2k wrote:
20 Jul 2023, 02:05

The only reason I can think of is because they are so far below the cost cap that they want to introduce something for the RB20 that can come out of the RB19's budget.
It's never a good idea to pile on upgrades and introduce at once. They have another 4 months of track time to assess the efficiency of upgrades. If the upgrades are break through, then it make sense to hide, but if some are really novelty that offers small gains, then it makes sense to bolt them on. With regulations not changing for next year, developing the aspects of the car that are not changing in their design would carry forward.

ringo

It makes sense to fit and test developments as esrly as possible.
These parts may also be high downforce package specific.
For Sure!!

TEHNOS

ME4ME wrote:
19 Jul 2023, 22:13
We might end up with just a variant of the Aston Martin / Alpine style side-pod, but ahead of that my guess would be this: There has been a quote from Pierre Wache about still needing to improve front-end grip for better car rotation. My guess is that they are especially in need of this on high-downforce tracks, hence the introduction of an upgrade here in Hungary. So my guess is that they'll try to move center of pressure forward. So maybe some re-design of the front upper part of the sidepod around the inlet and inlet-lip to better work together with increased front wing angle. Additionally maybe they'll try to get rid of some lift in the first half (lenght-wise) of the upper sidepod surface by keeping it horisontal and start the down-slope later. Might add some drag but should move center of pressure forward. Anyway.. total guesswork from my side.
This =D>

scuderiabrandon

ringo wrote:
20 Jul 2023, 04:21
It makes sense to fit and test developments as esrly as possible.
These parts may also be high downforce package specific.
No, internal changes to the rad positioning suggests that it is permanent changes

Cs98
Cs98

ME4ME wrote:
We might end up with just a variant of the Aston Martin / Alpine style side-pod, but ahead of that my guess would be this: There has been a quote from Pierre Wache about still needing to improve front-end grip for better car rotation. My guess is that they are especially in need of this on high-downforce tracks, hence the introduction of an upgrade here in Hungary. So my guess is that they'll try to move center of pressure forward. So maybe some re-design of the front upper part of the sidepod around the inlet and inlet-lip to better work together with increased front wing angle. Additionally maybe they'll try to get rid of some lift in the first half (lenght-wise) of the upper sidepod surface by keeping it horisontal and start the down-slope later. Might add some drag but should move center of pressure forward. Anyway.. total guesswork from my side.
But the new front wing looked less loaded, not more.

continuum16

Cs98 wrote:
20 Jul 2023, 15:13
ME4ME wrote:
True, but with Spa being a sprint weekend I think the new wing is going to just be run for a couple of aero tests in FP1 now and then shelved until then. There isn’t a lot of rationale for bringing a less-loaded wing to a high DF track unless the new upgrades will somehow radically change the aero balance.
"You can't argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience"
- Mark Twain

ME4ME

Cs98 wrote:
20 Jul 2023, 15:13
I think looks deceive since the old picture is taken much closer up, possibly on the grid, while the new one is probably from a few meters away outside the garage. New wing has partial lenght gurney flap to really crank it up in that section.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/F1eRIeeWIAA ... &name=orig

ab_f1
ab_f1

Didn't see this mentioned, but looks like with lack of challenge in F1, Max is finding entertainment elsewhere.

https://www.planetf1.com/news/max-verst ... -sim-race/

Wouter

ab_f1 wrote:
20 Jul 2023, 18:02
Didn't see this mentioned, but looks like with lack of challenge in F1, Max is finding entertainment elsewhere.

https://www.planetf1.com/news/max-verst ... -sim-race/
Yes it was mentioned here two times before and were both removed together with all the replies by a moderator.
The Power of Dreams!

AR3-GP
AR3-GP

I'm not sure how credible this rumor is, and it might be fake news, but I saw a tweet suggesting some extra performance from the Honda this weekend.

organic

AR3-GP wrote:
20 Jul 2023, 21:41
I'm not sure how credible this rumor is, and it might be fake news, but I saw a tweet suggesting some extra performance from the Honda this weekend.
Same :lol: probably just a dumb rumour being spread. Spa or Monza should be indicative of a step forward.

Cs98
Cs98

AR3-GP wrote:
20 Jul 2023, 21:41
Looked to me like the Honda was turned down last race. Verstappen was barely using 8th gear and was losing a decent chunk of time on the end of straights. He struggled to reach 300kph despite it being a medium downforce set-up.

AR3-GP
AR3-GP

No direct quote, but...