2023 Oracle Red Bull Racing F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
tinuva

Re: 2023 Oracle Red Bull Racing F1 Team

NAPI10 wrote:
21 Jul 2023, 15:37
Any chance of Albon back to RB saddle? He is doing a super job at Williams.
According to rumours he said“No, Thank You.”.

From https://www.sportskeeda.com/f1/news-no- ... -f1-family
Alex Albon refuses a Red Bull return

With Albon putting in consistent performances week in and week out, FIA-accredited journalist Yhacbec Lopez has claimed that Red Bull wanted Albon to return to their system. However, Albon is determined to stay at Williams, and he simply refuses Red Bull by saying, “No, Thank You.”
Referenced from the tweet:

Rikhart
Rikhart

Perez is an absolute tool, and at this point one has to wonder if he not in fact doing some of this on purpose to sabotage his team. I would replace him immediately.

scuderiabrandon

Rikhart wrote:
21 Jul 2023, 16:34
Perez is an absolute tool, and at this point one has to wonder if he not in fact doing some of this on purpose to sabotage his team. I would replace him immediately.
I understand the frustration but why would he risk his career to sabotage his team?

chrisc90

scuderiabrandon wrote:
21 Jul 2023, 16:40
Rikhart wrote:
I understand the frustration but why would he risk his career to sabotage his team?
His career is just about over. The constant mistakes, lack of pace and everything else isn’t looking well on this ‘CV’ - especially when you have max driving faultlessly and comfortably ahead of the rest of the grid in the same car.

I believe checo has said he’s not that fussed about racing after the end of his contract.

I do wonder if all this comes from a possibly more aggressive rear regenerative energy on the back of the Red Bull.

cplchanb
cplchanb

if anything this supports the notion that the cars that RB builds only max can drive it to its potential and theyre developing that car on that knifes edge.
regardless of max's skill the car is clearly suited for his style and thats probably why the second drivers since 2019 have struggled.

chrisc90

cplchanb wrote:
21 Jul 2023, 17:01
if anything this supports the notion that the cars that RB builds only max can drive it to its potential and theyre developing that car on that knifes edge.
regardless of max's skill the car is clearly suited for his style and thats probably why the second drivers since 2019 have struggled.
I disagree. There was no upgrades to any sort of development towards Max when Checo started to lose the plot.
chrisc90 wrote:
04 Jul 2023, 23:12
Austria - Rear suspension fairings
Canada - Front wing reprofiling
Spain - Floor edge + rear diffuser uppermost edges
Monaco - rear wing camber and steering shroud modifications - both track specific.
Miami - Nothing
Baku - Sidepod inlet + Engine/Coke cover + Floor edge and fence + Rear corner winglet
Australia - Front wing endplate + Front wing elements 3 and 4 camber increase
Saudi - Less cambered beam wing and rear wing + endplate ALL circuit specific
Bahrain - nothing reported.

Rikhart
Rikhart

scuderiabrandon wrote:
Rikhart wrote:
People kill each other for feeling jilted, or slighted, even. People try to kill others on the road for the smallest of provocations.

Does this sound that far fetched?

organic

cplchanb wrote:
Perez has said the rb19 is not suited to either driver. At the beginning of the season they did not even have the ideal front wing for Bahrain - max's engineer talked on the radio about knowing their limitations in terms of having to deal with understeer there with other tools

In other words if anything the rb19 is not suited to either driver but if anything was suited to checo more at the start of the season.

No significant upgrades were brought around the time that Perez began struggling (Miami-monaco) that could have changed the behaviour/balance of the car so significantly

Checo himself has said he likes to drive the car and it suits him, so I don't know where you got this idea

Also the RB18.. suited max!? For the first half of the year it understeered like a boat and from spa onwards the balance was hit/miss in terms of whether there was understeer. But Max seemed to drive that car just fine

Max says he didn't enjoy the loose rear of the rb16 in '20, but apparently they developed that car to suit only him :D maybe they got lured down a certain unstable path by Max's ability to drive around fundamental issues as Waché the technical director has talked about, but that's a hurdle to overcome for the technical team, not something they're intending to achieve! Why would they want to hamper themselves in the WCC?

Wouter

=D> =D> =D>

The Power of Dreams!

ab_f1
ab_f1

Rikhart wrote:
21 Jul 2023, 17:09
scuderiabrandon wrote:
Rikhart wrote:
People kill each other for feeling jilted, or slighted, even. People try to kill others on the road for the smallest of provocations.

Does this sound that far fetched?
If you like conspiracy better would be that RB sabotaged Checo because he started getting too close to Max at start of year :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

AR3-GP
AR3-GP

cplchanb wrote:
Stop searching for excuses for Perez. The car is not on a knife edge. It's on the grass:

That's why he crashed.
A lion must kill its prey.

cplchanb
cplchanb

AR3-GP wrote:
21 Jul 2023, 17:48
cplchanb wrote:
Stop searching for excuses for Perez. The car is not on a knife edge. It's on the grass:

https://i.postimg.cc/mkfy402x/image.png

That's why he crashed.
Obviously I'm not talking about this singular incident. The fact that perez has been incomfortable with pushing the car since Monaco shows both his limitations and the fact that the car doesn't instill confidence to his driving style

organic

Balance issues and then an energy store/battery problem for Max in fp2 cut his effective running down to a small amount. At least it was dry and a short long run was done. No idea if it was good or not.

AR3-GP
AR3-GP

organic wrote:
21 Jul 2023, 18:12
Balance issues and then an energy store/battery problem for Max in fp2 cut his effective running down to a small amount. At least it was dry and a short long run was done. No idea if it was good or not.
He only complained about the deployment out of the final corner on that 1 hot lap. The car balance looked fine and he never asked for any wing adjustments. The times are deceiving. There are fuel offsets. The long run was competitive and he didn't look concerned or complain about much of anything other than the battery lag on that 1 timed lap.
A lion must kill its prey.

organic

AR3-GP wrote:
21 Jul 2023, 18:16
organic wrote:
21 Jul 2023, 18:12
He only complained about the deployment out of the final corner on that 1 hot lap. The car balance looked fine and he never asked for any wing adjustments. The times are deceiving. There are fuel offsets. The long run was competitive and he didn't look concerned or complain about much of anything other than the battery lag on that 1 timed lap.
Fair enough probably I misinterpreted it :)