2023 Oracle Red Bull Racing F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
chrisc90

Re: 2023 Oracle Red Bull Racing F1 Team

AR3-GP wrote:
21 Jul 2023, 18:16
organic wrote:
21 Jul 2023, 18:12
Balance issues and then an energy store/battery problem for Max in fp2 cut his effective running down to a small amount. At least it was dry and a short long run was done. No idea if it was good or not.
He only complained about the deployment out of the final corner on that 1 hot lap. The car balance looked fine and he never asked for any wing adjustments. The times are deceiving. There are fuel offsets. The long run was competitive and he didn't look concerned or complain about much of anything other than the battery lag on that 1 timed lap.
Just about to watch FP2 now, but if Max isnt calling for any adjustments to the car then its generally in a good spot on the setup.

AR3-GP
AR3-GP

chrisc90 wrote:
21 Jul 2023, 18:37
AR3-GP wrote:
21 Jul 2023, 18:16
organic wrote:
21 Jul 2023, 18:12
Balance issues and then an energy store/battery problem for Max in fp2 cut his effective running down to a small amount. At least it was dry and a short long run was done. No idea if it was good or not.
He only complained about the deployment out of the final corner on that 1 hot lap. The car balance looked fine and he never asked for any wing adjustments. The times are deceiving. There are fuel offsets. The long run was competitive and he didn't look concerned or complain about much of anything other than the battery lag on that 1 timed lap.
Just about to watch FP2 now, but if Max isnt calling for any adjustments to the car then its generally in a good spot on the setup.
Right. I've seen this car understeer out of the box on other circuits, but it was not doing that anywhere today. It looked well dialed in.
A lion must kill its prey.

taperoo2k
taperoo2k

chrisc90 wrote:
21 Jul 2023, 17:08
cplchanb wrote:
21 Jul 2023, 17:01
if anything this supports the notion that the cars that RB builds only max can drive it to its potential and theyre developing that car on that knifes edge.
regardless of max's skill the car is clearly suited for his style and thats probably why the second drivers since 2019 have struggled.
I disagree. There was no upgrades to any sort of development towards Max when Checo started to lose the plot.
chrisc90 wrote:
04 Jul 2023, 23:12
Austria - Rear suspension fairings
Canada - Front wing reprofiling
Spain - Floor edge + rear diffuser uppermost edges
Monaco - rear wing camber and steering shroud modifications - both track specific.
Miami - Nothing
Baku - Sidepod inlet + Engine/Coke cover + Floor edge and fence + Rear corner winglet
Australia - Front wing endplate + Front wing elements 3 and 4 camber increase
Saudi - Less cambered beam wing and rear wing + endplate ALL circuit specific
Bahrain - nothing reported.
I don't think the car is built around Max, Max is just able to extract the most out of the car pushing it close to the limit but not really going beyond that. Plus he hasn't really had to push the car hard much this season. In other words Max has done what Vettel did with the better Newey designs, learned how to drive the cars even if it's counterinitiative with consistent performances bagging the race wins.

I would say if you put Alonso, Lewis, Lando, Leclerc or Daniel in the second Red Bull they'd be right up there with Max. Perez just isn't good enough to be in a top team. He's not a bad driver, but I think he's probably past his best.

Perez will be lucky to see the season out at Red Bull the way he's going tbh.

Wouter

They gave the little kid and his dad a VIP pass for the whole weekend. The kid will never forget this weekend! =D>
Like the little kid who cried for Kimi in Barcelona in 2017!

The Power of Dreams!

Macklaren
Macklaren

I have been super critical about RBR's culture in the past, but in this case, WELL DONE RED BULL!

organic

Macklaren wrote:
21 Jul 2023, 21:28
I have been super critical about RBR's culture in the past, but in this case, WELL DONE RED BULL!
Very easy PR win

Wouter

organic wrote:
21 Jul 2023, 21:34
Macklaren wrote:
Very easy PR win
Sour/negative reaction imo.
Do you really think they're just doing it for PR?! That little boy has probably been looking forward to seeing his big hero
on the track for weeks and then he crashes on the second lap! That little guy sees his big hero crash on the second lap!!
Horner knows that it was a huge blunder by Checo and tries to give that boy a nice weekend after all. He gets to meet his hero
and stay in the RBR garage, hold a steering wheel, hold his helmet, etc. Great that they do that for that disappointed little boy.
The Power of Dreams!

scuderiabrandon

Wouter wrote:
21 Jul 2023, 21:51
organic wrote:
Macklaren wrote:
Very easy PR win
Do you really think they're just doing it for PR?! That little boy has probably been looking forward to seeing his big hero
on the track for weeks and then he crashes on the second lap! That little guy sees his big hero crash on the second lap!!
Horner knows that it was a huge blunder by Checo and tries to give that boy a nice weekend after all. He gets to meet his hero
and stay in the RBR garage, hold a steering wheel, hold his helmet, etc. Great that they do that for that disappointed little boy.
Regardless of the intentions, it still good PR. So I don't see what is wrong with organics statement.

kediown

Tomorrow will be interesting to see

PackFansXL
PackFansXL

Wouter wrote:
organic wrote:
Macklaren wrote:
Very easy PR win
I would love to meet the team but I'm guessing me crying as a bald 62 yr old fan would not cut the mustard with RBR. Perhaps I could recruit a friend's kid, dress him in RBR gear, pinch his leg, and score some lucky camera time to get that special invite. :lol:

Zynerji

Wouter wrote:
organic wrote:
Macklaren wrote:
Very easy PR win
It's things like these that entice folks to goto the races in person instead of watching from the comfort of their homes...🥰

ringo

Calm down guys it's just practice ( the perez crash).
All is forgiven if he qualifies well and ends up on the podium.
Perez may need some glasses or blood alcohol test. He is clearly not focused. Could be distracted by personal problems.
For Sure!!

djos

Wouter wrote:
21 Jul 2023, 17:39
=D> =D> =D>

Classy move from both Checo and the Team.
"In downforce we trust"

littlebigcat
littlebigcat

Got to hand it to RBR for taking the money saved from their budget cap punishment and putting it all into doing more WT runs :wink:

Juzh

Update doesn't look like it's doing much, probably the worst car has looked all season. Coincidence?