2023 - McLaren Formula 1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
MTudor
MTudor

Re: 2023 - McLaren Formula 1 Team

djos wrote:
21 Jul 2023, 10:20
Stig14 wrote:
21 Jul 2023, 09:48
djos wrote:
21 Jul 2023, 08:30
So nice to see another forum member with a solid grasp on reality.
Always a nice way to alienate those you are trying to have a conversation with.

For clarity, I think most people on here agree that the car isn't the easiest to drive on the grid and would love this to be fixed for future designs. This would definitely enable the drivers to have an easier life and to be able to extract more lap time during race weekends. What I'm saying is that I'd rather a tricky to drive but fast car (McLaren at the moment) than an easy to drive slow car (Alfa Romeo). It is obvious to say that we would like an easy-to-drive fast car (Red Bull) but that's clearly easier to say than to execute.

EDIT: that being said, Perez seems to be struggling with the Red Bull currently so perhaps that car isn't so easy to drive either
Some of you guy's seem to think that just because Lando (and Oscar) can drive the McLaren fast that the tricky handling issue is overblown. Lando's latest comments clearly indicate that they are a major hindrance to the team processing to being a WDC/WCC contender.

The fact that Lando's manager has been seen having discussions with other teams should be a wake-up call for a lot of folk here to take off the rose-coloured glasses and be more realistic about what it takes to get back to the front.

Checo is not having trouble driving the car fast, he's having trouble keeping his head in the game. Daniel, who many here deride for not being able to drive the previous two McLaren's, can drive RB19 just fine.
@djos
Every since I started to read this forum you caught my eyes with your constant whining and moaning!!!
You defended Ricciardo endleslly and kept on going that the car is bad and it's hopeless to retain Lando with this car.
I don't understand what is the point of all this drama giving the fact that we can't control anything that happens at Mclaren?!
I hope your not older than 15 years because is very tiring to read all the negativity for your posts!!!

mclaren111

MTudor wrote:
22 Jul 2023, 14:24
djos wrote:
21 Jul 2023, 10:20
Stig14 wrote:
21 Jul 2023, 09:48

Always a nice way to alienate those you are trying to have a conversation with.

For clarity, I think most people on here agree that the car isn't the easiest to drive on the grid and would love this to be fixed for future designs. This would definitely enable the drivers to have an easier life and to be able to extract more lap time during race weekends. What I'm saying is that I'd rather a tricky to drive but fast car (McLaren at the moment) than an easy to drive slow car (Alfa Romeo). It is obvious to say that we would like an easy-to-drive fast car (Red Bull) but that's clearly easier to say than to execute.

EDIT: that being said, Perez seems to be struggling with the Red Bull currently so perhaps that car isn't so easy to drive either
Some of you guy's seem to think that just because Lando (and Oscar) can drive the McLaren fast that the tricky handling issue is overblown. Lando's latest comments clearly indicate that they are a major hindrance to the team processing to being a WDC/WCC contender.

The fact that Lando's manager has been seen having discussions with other teams should be a wake-up call for a lot of folk here to take off the rose-coloured glasses and be more realistic about what it takes to get back to the front.

Checo is not having trouble driving the car fast, he's having trouble keeping his head in the game. Daniel, who many here deride for not being able to drive the previous two McLaren's, can drive RB19 just fine.
@djos
Every since I started to read this forum you caught my eyes with your constant whining and moaning!!!
You defended Ricciardo endleslly and kept on going that the car is bad and it's hopeless to retain Lando with this car.
I don't understand what is the point of all this drama giving the fact that we can't control anything that happens at Mclaren?!
I hope your not older than 15 years because then you have other problems!!!

:lol: :lol:

djos

MTudor wrote:
22 Jul 2023, 14:24
@djos
I hope your not older than 15 years because is very tiring to read all the negativity for your posts!!!
Yeah, those pesky facts dont give two hoots if you think they are whining and moaning - the fact is, Lando has been increasingly and publicly vocal over the last 3 years. Stick your head in the sand all you like, but he's the one telling us the car is bad. Im not making stuff up.

And no I'm not 15, I'm 48, so get off my lawn! :evil:
"In downforce we trust"

MTudor
MTudor

BMMR61 wrote:
21 Jul 2023, 11:38
I get concerned when I see forum optimism through the roof over two good results as much as it annoys me when keyboard warriors say things like “McLaren are finished”. Most people have little idea how difficult success in F1 is. Just moving up the pecking order takes tremendous investment, decision making, courage, luck - it’s an incredibly hard sport. Zak has taken an enormous amount of heat on forums . While the recovery from 2017 hasn’t been linear and stalled in 2022, there’s a lot to feel optimistic about. I’m confident the main reason for the stagnation was car concept so the changes made in March look to be spot on. With an expansion of top engineering talent coming from two top teams 2025 looks like it could be an exciting time for McLaren.
👏👏👏👏👏👏👏

mclaren111

MTudor wrote:
22 Jul 2023, 14:47
BMMR61 wrote:
I get concerned when I see forum optimism through the roof over two good results as much as it annoys me when keyboard warriors say things like “McLaren are finished”. Most people have little idea how difficult success in F1 is. Just moving up the pecking order takes tremendous investment, decision making, courage, luck - it’s an incredibly hard sport. Zak has taken an enormous amount of heat on forums . While the recovery from 2017 hasn’t been linear and stalled in 2022, there’s a lot to feel optimistic about. I’m confident the main reason for the stagnation was car concept so the changes made in March look to be spot on. With an expansion of top engineering talent coming from two top teams 2025 looks like it could be an exciting time for McLaren.
👏👏👏👏👏👏👏

=D> =D>

MrGapes

MTudor wrote:
22 Jul 2023, 14:47
BMMR61 wrote:
👏👏👏👏👏👏👏
Yep.. 100% and because of it we have lost some important members in this forum, the same ones that will turn as soon we have one bad result.

mwillems

MrGapes wrote:
21 Jul 2023, 02:37
LionsHeart wrote:
20 Jul 2023, 13:39
MrGapes wrote:
20 Jul 2023, 13:03

They ran a larger wing in Canada, as well as different beamwing configurations.
https://ibb.co/55PbXgQ
https://ibb.co/gZZQq0X
These photos are from a race in Canada. Now compare that to wings from Austria and Silverstone. I'm waiting for your arguments. I assure you, these are the same rear wings.
:lol: Chill... apologies yes its the same rear wing...
:D :D
I'm not taking advice from a cartoon dog

-Bandit

Mcl_G10
Mcl_G10

So far I must say its as I expected. Hard to gauge too accurately but sector 2 and 3 we look very quick regaining everything lose in the first.
Oscar looks right on pace with norris too which is so good to see to maximise on all fronts.
It will be very very close in quali but I remain confident that norris can fight for a spot on the front row.

scuderiabrandon

I have high expectations for Lando for qualifying. I am really impressed by McLaren's ability to fire up and keep the tyres in the window. Something only they and RB do super well. Also the low-medium speed performance does not look bad at all.

Darth-Piekus

I am also curious to see if the next good upgrade they bring will give them another large chunk of time like this one cause if this happens again then we are at the crossroads of something good brewing.

LionsHeart
LionsHeart

Ok, guys! Good luck for the Team!

mclaren111

Let's Go Lando !!!!

Xero

Darth-Piekus wrote:
22 Jul 2023, 15:52
I am also curious to see if the next good upgrade they bring will give them another large chunk of time like this one cause if this happens again then we are at the crossroads of something good brewing.
Next upgrade is just a small addition to this bigger upgrade package, aimed at race pace rather than outright performance. Hopefully it's enough to maintain this position for the rest of the season, as everyone will no doubt be turning their attention towards next year very soon.

Slahinki
Slahinki

Time to see what can be squeezed out of the package on a track that is more or less the exact opposite of Silverstone. Best of luck, guys and gals!

Darth-Piekus

Xero wrote:
22 Jul 2023, 15:58
Next upgrade is just a small addition to this bigger upgrade package, aimed at race pace rather than outright performance. Hopefully it's enough to maintain this position for the rest of the season, as everyone will no doubt be turning their attention towards next year very soon.
All I am hoping for regarding the winter is for the team to do a good job at winter and challenge Red Bull next year since the car is gonna be 50% from the new Wind Tunnel and Simulator.