2023 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
F1NAC

Re: 2023 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team

Yep. Even Sauber got ahead of us today.

scuderiabrandon

dialtone wrote:
22 Jul 2023, 17:02
Sadly car wasn't good enough today... Not enough downforce to keep the tires in the window through the lap.

If qualy comes around and this is the top speed pecking order, just shows how much room they have to add downforce in this max downforce configuration.
I hinted at that here.

Schippke
Schippke

I think it’s fair to say the car is probably more suited to fight the midfield now… and anything else ahead is a bonus. What a difference 12 months makes.

I could say I’d hold out to 2024, but with everyone else making strides, and us staying still, I cannot see Ferrari making any noticeably leaps and bounds for the foreseeable future. Maybe a random flash of performance here and there, but the middle-lower end of the points is where we belong now.

Sevach
Sevach

Austria was an illusion.
2024 needs a complete rethink.

scuderiabrandon

Tyres were the problem. Running on the carcass in S3 due to overheating. With similar temps the race is going to be abysmal.

It is clear that SF-23 still lacks downforce. They've fixed the front now the rear has nothing. Some reported a revised rear wing for Hungary (which didn't happen ofcourse). It seems they know more than the Ferrari engineers.

Worst part is LEC lap was mega clean. He has been rapid in T4 all weekend. We are so far down in terms of speed in 11. After T6-7 the tyres start to go away and can't be recovered. I won't be surprised by a 3 stop races for us.

One weekend we struggle will colder temps, next weekend we struggle with hotter temps. I'm preparing for a P7 in the race at best.

Shal_Leg16
Shal_Leg16

Dont wanna act as if im the smartest or like ohh I know all ..
but whenever few guys here come up with all the data about top speed and other stuff i just skip it all the way.

After TD39 i haven’t seen this car utilising the tyres & ground effect correctly. The more frustrating thing is they come up with so many small - big changes/upgrades here and there so much so that i can imagine them trying to change the color of the livery or may be add a fan or horn anything they will do except solving the tyre issue. Whenever guys here do all the hardwork and come up with all the data and upgrades analysis deep down I already know the real issue will be as it is. 😏

CaribouBread
CaribouBread

Behind Sauber in every sector. Terrible S3. Midfield performance.

scuderiabrandon

start praying

Vinlarr89
Vinlarr89

Yeah, we’re in big trouble. Genuinely don’t think the team know how to get out of this

codetower

So wrong setup… again. Couldn’t get one car out of Q2, and another got beat by a rookie in a McLaren, and a 2nd year driver in an alfa. What surprises me is that there is still this disconnect. They thought this would be a strong circuit, and this semi b-spec car was supposed to have a bigger setup window. Im afraid that tyre management will be a problem during the race.

I’m expecting another 9-10 finish. I hope I’m wrong.

AR3-GP
AR3-GP

codetower wrote:
22 Jul 2023, 19:41
So wrong setup… again. Couldn’t get one car out of Q2, and another got beat by a rookie in a McLaren, and a 2nd year driver in an alfa. What surprises me is that there is still this disconnect. They thought this would be a strong circuit, and this semi b-spec car was supposed to have a bigger setup window. Im afraid that tyre management will be a problem during the race.

I’m expecting another 9-10 finish. I hope I’m wrong.
When each weekend the excuse is, "Wrong setup", then it suggests that the car is basically impossible to setup correctly so there may never be a "right setup" day until they make fundamental changes.

AR3-GP
AR3-GP

In case this was misunderstood, please delete this post.
Last edited by AR3-GP on 23 Jul 2023, 00:27, edited 2 times in total.

hape
hape

As I said before, I don't think it's the performance of the car alone.
Look at what happend to the field since the new tyres were introduced. Last race Silverstone performance and grip difference between compounds as well as wear and drop off were all over the place.
Red Bull had a crazy performance advantage over the field but since Silverstone the huge advantage is gone.
McLaren showed best of the rest suddenly in Silverstone and today still very close.
Aston Martin dropped pace dramatically recently.
Ferrari was 2nd fastest in Austria after their updates but since the new tyres are having troubles.
Alfa Romeo made big gains if we compare to the first races if the season.
I simply can not believe this is all coincidence and nature of the circuit etc

Alonsismo
Alonsismo

the new tyres are another pirelligate 10 years later.
they were changed to slow down red bull, and with the change, they had destroyed Ferrari and Aston Martin

AR3-GP
AR3-GP

scuderiabrandon wrote:
22 Jul 2023, 18:44

start praying
They are practically a second a lap slower.