2023 Oracle Red Bull Racing F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
chrisc90

Re: 2023 Oracle Red Bull Racing F1 Team

ME4ME wrote:
22 Jul 2023, 18:21
Their overnight simulator driver is on loan, no wonder the setup nightmare :lol:
Hey Danny! Come back!! Nah, give danny credit he deserves it today and he did well in quali.

I do wonder how much the drivers actually do in the sim overnight themselves personally.

Is it known for teams to bring some simulators to the track or are the factory ones just too complex and advanced to be transported around.

Wouter

AR3-GP wrote:
22 Jul 2023, 18:23
ME4ME wrote:
Their overnight simulator driver is on loan, no wonder the setup nightmare :lol:
Is it not Rudy Van Buren?
Yes, it is Rudy. Ricciardo was only a few short times in the sim, but Rudy every Wednesday, Thursday, Friday into the night.
Sometimes even on Tuesday too. He knows exactly what Perez and Max want from their cars.
The Power of Dreams!

Wouter

Juzh wrote:
22 Jul 2023, 18:36
I've already commented on the fact car looked out of kilter after fp3 and it seems like nothing changed from fp3 to quali, making me think new upgrade is giving them headaches, possibly new tyres as well.
Car might behave better on high fuel but I don't expect any miracle performances.
Max said on Dutch TV the updates were fine, they did their job but he couldn't get the balance right.
So no headaches. :lol:
The Power of Dreams!

chrisc90

Wouter wrote:
22 Jul 2023, 18:46
Juzh wrote:
22 Jul 2023, 18:36
I've already commented on the fact car looked out of kilter after fp3 and it seems like nothing changed from fp3 to quali, making me think new upgrade is giving them headaches, possibly new tyres as well.
Car might behave better on high fuel but I don't expect any miracle performances.
Max said on Dutch TV the updates were fine, they did their job but he couldn't get the balance right.
So no headaches. :lol:
Yeah - a little on the back foot from the limited running on Friday I think with the weather. Wouldnt be the first time lack of time to setup hampers RB a little.

AR3-GP
AR3-GP

It's possible that certain tracks don't show the progress as much. Max said the upgrades worked. This also happened in Baku where "the upgrades worked" but it wasn't as obvious in the time sheets in qualifying. Then Max went from 9th to 1st at a canter in Miami a week later.

This circuit lacks meaningful DRS zones as well and RB's DRs advantage is at it's smallest with the highest downforce wing.
A lion must kill its prey.

the EDGE
the EDGE

chrisc90 wrote:
22 Jul 2023, 18:40
ME4ME wrote:
Hey Danny! Come back!! Nah, give danny credit he deserves it today and he did well in quali.

I do wonder how much the drivers actually do in the sim overnight themselves personally.

Is it known for teams to bring some simulators to the track or are the factory ones just too complex and advanced to be transported around.
They are not mobile, these things are like aircraft simulators, not esports sims

That said, I think you’ll get your wish sooner than expected, only he’ll be in the race car, not the sim

Venturiation
Venturiation

Did i miss something from these comments from Ferrari and mercedes? Did the DRS change on the car?

chrisc90

It’s not as effective on all tracks. The straights are a little short in Hungary.

Don’t panic. Just wait until spa ;)

organic

I don't think RB ever had this drs advantage on high df tracks.

Hasn't been there with the high df wing since beginning of '22 if they were paying attention..

Go back to Spain '22 for instance Merc quickest on straights at that race. RB equal with Ferrari

Many other races where everyone runs high df wing that this was the case.

Juzh

organic wrote:
23 Jul 2023, 00:16
I don't think RB ever had this drs advantage on high df tracks.

Hasn't been there with the high df wing since beginning of '22 if they were paying attention..

Go back to Spain '22 for instance Merc quickest on straights at that race. RB equal with Ferrari

Many other races where everyone runs high df wing that this was the case.
Which is why hamiltons comments are all the more diabolical.

I'm yet to see a quote from Vassuer anywhere.

organic

It's typical F1 mind games and not much should be made of it. In this situation one might also invoke Hanlon's razor..

Let's move on and focus back on the team :D

djos

chrisc90 wrote:
22 Jul 2023, 18:40
ME4ME wrote:

Hehe, yeah well done Daniel, putting the slowest car on the grid into Q2 and well into the mid pack on the grid was epic for his first weekend in the car.
"In downforce we trust"

Bill
Bill

Redbull never had a drs advantage what they have its an efficient car and a great pu.the redbull and alphas are the only car in some tracks still have energy to deploy at at end of a lap during quali .here the straights are short so their deployment advantage dont show.spa last year were 0.6 faster lets wait and see what they will do next race.

Willy
Willy

If we have had enough of DRS discussion, can we discuss other stuff?

Why is RB19 struggling on Softs over one lap? Didn't seem like the car has managed the different compounds as efficiently as it has had throughout the year. Is this one of those weekends where the setup isn't spot on? Long runs looked good on both Softs and Mediums (FP2 and FP3).

organic

My guess is combination of new front tyres, upgrade, lost fp1 and just no good setup found for a lap.