2023 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
CaribouBread
CaribouBread

Re: 2023 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team

7-8 is where the package deserved to be this weekend. It is what it is.

Sevach
Sevach

Not doing a Red Bull copy seems like a dangerous game these days, it just seems to pay off so much for everyone that commits to it.
It's better not to let pride get in the way.

Fakepivot
Fakepivot

uhh another sad sunday.

Xwang
Xwang

So Ferrari used to be 1s slower than RB ... now for long part of the race they have been 1s per lap slower than McLarens.
Being slower in qualy and trim of two teams who have one changed the TD and the other said that their car is a lemon is the level of current Ferrari.
It would be way better if they stop partecipating.

IntrinsicVoid
IntrinsicVoid

It is what it is, it was expected with the tyre deg but as far the ritual goes one of the pitstops has to be major --- up and to be honest Leclerc should have been more careful with the last pitstop even though I understand his frustration.
Last edited by IntrinsicVoid on 23 Jul 2023, 16:57, edited 1 time in total.

Xyz22
Xyz22

As predicted, the car now is simply slow.

McL on the other hand made the car way faster and also much more driveable in race trim. Congrats to them.

Edit:

Leclerc confirmed what i said pretty much

So did Duchessa:

"I think it is important to decide to start from a clean sheet right away.
Not so much because of today's result,but because the updates have stabilized the car without giving performance, if there are extended runs the car is slow even in qualifying
And I think they will"

SoulPancake13
SoulPancake13

Really slow stop cost the team P5 today, shame. Charles said it himself after qualy yesterday, a new upgrade that is purely performance related needs to come as soon as possible. I think many on here are discrediting how long McLaren was quite mediocre for before making themselves second force... it takes time to understand where you are going wrong and how to fix it. Ferrari understood where they went wrong and brought an on track test to see if their theories were correct(SF-23 EVO as it is called). Now it is time to fix the performance.

Charles after the race says the wind was the culprit again:

Fakepivot
Fakepivot

the mountain that Ferrari need to climb is getting steeper man.. how did they get it so wrong at the start tho? like the simulation data gave them wrong info? or excuse me while i put on my tin foil hat, binotto somehow din't care and let things slip i feel like.. It's funny how his going away press release he said he was leaving the team in a better place did he? now have fallen flat on their face..

Just_a_fan
Just_a_fan

SoulPancake13 wrote:
23 Jul 2023, 17:18
Really slow stop cost the team P5 today, shame.
Exceeding the pit lane speed limit didn't help either.
If you are more fortunate than others, build a larger table not a taller fence.

SoulPancake13
SoulPancake13

Just_a_fan wrote:
23 Jul 2023, 17:31
SoulPancake13 wrote:
I don't think the penalty happens if the slow pit doesn't. Charles would have been ahead of Lewis likely and not needing to do a perfect undercut. Of course, that is Charles's fault, just that it could have all been avoided. Feels like one mistake rolls on and causes another within the team.

Just_a_fan
Just_a_fan

SoulPancake13 wrote:
23 Jul 2023, 17:35
Just_a_fan wrote:
SoulPancake13 wrote:
I don't think the penalty happens if the slow pit doesn't. Charles would have been ahead of Lewis likely and not needing to do a perfect undercut. Of course, that is Charles's fault, just that it could have all been avoided. Feels like one mistake rolls on and causes another within the team.
Both messed them up, but it was a team mess up - pit stop and driver errors combined to screw them.
If you are more fortunate than others, build a larger table not a taller fence.

SoulPancake13
SoulPancake13

Just_a_fan wrote:
23 Jul 2023, 17:40
SoulPancake13 wrote:
23 Jul 2023, 17:35
Just_a_fan wrote:

Both messed them up, but it was a team mess up - pit stop and driver errors combined to screw them.
Agreed, ultimately the pit crew and driver are both part of the team - the team didn't do good enough today. I thought strategy was fine(ish) although Sainz and Leclerc both held each other up at certain stages of the GP. Just too many mistakes yet again...

Vanja #66

Seems the tyre change hurt them a lot and it's concerning they don't mention that. Are they even aware of it? :?:

Austria wasn't an off track for other teams, Ferrari was just slightly faster than Merc and McLaren and now bot those cars have seemingly made a jump. Aston Martin is also hurt, but RB isn't - as shown today.
And they call it a stall. A STALL!

#DwarvesAreNaturalSprinters
#BlessYouLaddie

Xyz22
Xyz22

Vanja #66 wrote:
23 Jul 2023, 17:57
Seems the tyre change hurt them a lot and it's concerning they don't mention that. Are they even aware of it? :?:

Austria wasn't an off track for other teams, Ferrari was just slightly faster than Merc and McLaren and now bot those cars have seemingly made a jump. Aston Martin is also hurt, but RB isn't - as shown today.
Austria is an unique track though. Lot of stop and go 90s degrees corner in which you don't have to rely on the tyres. In turn 8 and 9, the corners where you need a bit of DWF Norris was quite quicker already.

Hungary and Silverstone are very different. The first is full of slow/medium speed - medium/wide radius corners, for example.

The SF 90 was decent/strong in Austria and absolutely garbage in Hungary.

Edit: Sainz just said in an interview that the car just can't compete with the others in tracks where there are long corners :D

Shal_Leg16
Shal_Leg16

I dont get the much of the technical stuff regularly discussed here. All i know that whatever the technical team is doing that car is loosing all its positives. Least they were good in one lap, the car was capable of a strong Saturday now even that seems lost.
They just dont know what they are doing with the car … forget the stats and data the car used to actually look like a fast car even just by vsuals barring the RBs but day by day its falling apart.

The car development looks so messed up that i can’t even write it down in the comment properly 😂😂