2023 Oracle Red Bull Racing F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
organic

Re: 2023 Oracle Red Bull Racing F1 Team

Looks like Riccardio will have the measure of tsunoda comfortably

Horner and Marko have been very supportive of Checo this weekend. It's made me doubt whether they want to replace him for 2024. Either way I don't see tsunoda being the one to replace checo and Daniel is prime candidate to do so, if anyone will

napoleon1981
napoleon1981

PlatinumZealot wrote:
24 Jul 2023, 00:14
This has gone too far.

FIA MUST get Sergio Perez out of that RedBull seat and put in a driver that can keep Max on his toes.

The car is 1 second a lap faster with a mature and reliable engine and WILL win all races, absolutely no doubt! For the health of the sport Max must not be allowed to continue with the number 2 driver that is Sergio Perez. It's too darned easy for him now. Did you all see when Max was complaining about cleaning the marbles off his tyres for cyring out loud?!
The FIA has no say in who fill the seat, as long as they meet the super license requirements. One thing we have learned from 2021 is that Mercedes fans like to go by the rule book, lets stick with that for now :).

AR3-GP
AR3-GP

This will not go anywhere. lol
A lion must kill its prey.

Bill
Bill

organic wrote:
24 Jul 2023, 01:02

Horner and Marko have been very supportive of Checo this weekend. It's made me doubt whether they want to replace him for 2024. Either way I don't see tsunoda being the one to replace checo and Daniel is prime candidate to do so, if anyone will
Comfortably how did u come to that conclusion.they literally sabotage his race keeping him on the hard for so long when it was obvious he was losing time .they should have pitted him about same time with Albon the same pack he was racing.he had a good start ahead of bottas but his pitstop was ridiculously slow.after all the pr hype the had to make sure Daniel stay ahead of yuki

djos

Bill wrote:
24 Jul 2023, 07:32
organic wrote:
24 Jul 2023, 01:02

Comfortably how did u come to that conclusion.they literally sabotage his race keeping him on the hard for so long when it was obvious he was losing time .they should have pitted him about same time with Albon the same pack he was racing.he had a good start ahead of bottas but his pitstop was ridiculously slow.after all the pr hype the had to make sure Daniel stay ahead of yuki
I think Daniel making the Medium tires last and perform for 40 laps is the KPI here. No one thought that was possible before the race. That is why his strategy worked.
"In downforce we trust"

organic

Daniel was faster with much older tyres. He was better in qualifying and better in the race than Yuki who has driven this AT for 2 seasons. This is Daniel's first weekend with the car and lost fp1 and had reduced sets to get up to speed in other fp sessions

I think if Daniel was going to struggle a lot to beat tsunoda, he wouldn't have dominated on his first time driving the car

Rikhart
Rikhart

PlatinumZealot wrote:
24 Jul 2023, 00:14
This has gone too far.

FIA MUST get Sergio Perez out of that RedBull seat and put in a driver that can keep Max on his toes.

The car is 1 second a lap faster with a mature and reliable engine and WILL win all races, absolutely no doubt! For the health of the sport Max must not be allowed to continue with the number 2 driver that is Sergio Perez. It's too darned easy for him now. Did you all see when Max was complaining about cleaning the marbles off his tyres for cyring out loud?!
I sincerely hope this was also your point of view in the pre-2021 years, eitherwise you're looking a bit foolish.

Looking at your signature, I am afraid that...

Bill
Bill

organic wrote:
24 Jul 2023, 09:14
Daniel was faster with much older tyres. He was better in qualifying and better in the race than Yuki who has driven this AT for 2 seasons. This is Daniel's first weekend with the car and lost fp1 and had reduced sets to get up to speed in other fp sessions

I think if Daniel was going to struggle a lot to beat tsunoda, he wouldn't have dominated on his first time driving the car
Daniel was 0.4 tenth behind yuki going into the last phase quali yuki didnt improve his time probably due to traffic i dont know.as for the race Yuki didn't get a proper pitstop and they left him hang for dry on worn tires why .regardless of daniel performance give the other guy a legitimate chance and see were he end on merit.yuki should have finished around p11 were usually does ,everything else is just noise

organic

Bill wrote:
24 Jul 2023, 11:40
organic wrote:
24 Jul 2023, 09:14

Daniel was 0.4 tenth behind yuki going into the last phase quali yuki didnt improve his time probably due to traffic i dont know.as for the race Yuki didn't get a proper pitstop and they left him hang for dry on worn tires why .regardless of daniel performance give the other guy a legitimate chance and see were he end on merit.yuki should have finished around p11 were usually does ,everything else is just noise
Yuki didn't improve in qualifying because he didn't improve, not due to traffic. Don't just guess to fit your narrative :lol:

Yuki had a legitimate chance to show his pace every lap and his race pace was significantly slower than Ricciardio at phases of the race when the two had comparable situations. Daniel lapped faster on 40 lap old mediums than Yuki on significantly fresher tyres.

I'm a staunch advocate of Yuki's and have been since his days in F2.. but his performance this weekend isn't the hill to die on

Bill
Bill

correction he didnt improve because of traffic so did Russell .he was stack behind one of the williams he shouldn't have been there because his team gave him a poor strategy.a poor pit stop also meant he was stack behind Hulk so he never really got clear air.

organic

Clearly this isn't going anywhere. Believe what you want, but i think comments from Marko are reflective of what those in the paddock believe :D

Bill
Bill

no explain to me why they didn't pit yuki for tires when they gone they is no plausible reason other than to get daniel ahead

djos

Bill wrote:
24 Jul 2023, 12:12
no explain to me why they didn't pit yuki for tires when they gone they is no plausible reason other than to get daniel ahead
It’s not a mystery, the team tried to find him clean air to come back on track in, but it didn’t work out as hoped.
In the second part of the race, with both drivers on the hard compound, we decided to extend Yuki’s stint, while cutting Daniel’s short, to have free air for the last stint on medium tyres. This paid off because Daniel was able to be fast and consistent, and this was enough to regain the positions lost in the first lap, finishing the race in P13. Yuki was fitted with medium tyres in his last stint, but this wasn’t sufficient to move him up, and he finished in P15, just two tenths behind Hulkenberg.
https://scuderia.alphatauri.com/en/2023 ... n-gp-race/
"In downforce we trust"

Willy
Willy

I thought this is Red Bull team thread!

Bill
Bill

djos wrote:
24 Jul 2023, 12:34
Bill wrote:
24 Jul 2023, 12:12
It’s not a mystery, the team tried to find him clean air to come back on track in, but it didn’t work out as hoped.
In the second part of the race, with both drivers on the hard compound, we decided to extend Yuki’s stint, while cutting Daniel’s short, to have free air for the last stint on medium tyres. This paid off because Daniel was able to be fast and consistent, and this was enough to regain the positions lost in the first lap, finishing the race in P13. Yuki was fitted with medium tyres in his last stint, but this wasn’t sufficient to move him up, and he finished in P15, just two tenths behind Hulkenberg.
https://scuderia.alphatauri.com/en/2023 ... n-gp-race/
decided to extend yuki stint ' they dont offer an explanation only for dani.i looks like they didn't care about track position, overcut or undercut those kind of thing f1 strat is not rocket science.