2023 Aston Martin | Aramco | Cognizant F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
KimiRai
KimiRai

Re: 2023 Aston Martin | Aramco | Cognizant F1 Team

And not sure how reliable this is as well but according to a person I know there is apparently, check this, pressure from the Formula One Management to switch Fernando for Drugovich...

Well, yes, but do not forget Fernando doesn't have contract extension for 2024. You know, there is pressure from F1 to let drugo drive, as Helmut Marko mentioned, it's complicated. As far as I know he [Alonso] has 1 year contract which extends upon mutual agreement for every next year, which means it is not for sure. I am sure AM will agree to extend but there is also pressure from FOM as they want to introduce new drivers for the marketing benefits.

They are powerful, back in 2020 FOM made dotation to Renault to sign Fernando by the amount of 10 million.
Last edited by KimiRai on 27 Jul 2023, 21:24, edited 1 time in total.

AR3-GP
AR3-GP

Fernando for.......drugovich? :-?

and keep Stroll? Unconscionable.
A lion must kill its prey.

KimiRai
KimiRai

AR3-GP wrote:
27 Jul 2023, 21:09
Fernando for.......drugovich? :-?

and keep Stroll? Unconscionable.
Yeah it's weird but I'm just sharing what I find, true or not hhaha

AR3-GP
AR3-GP

This problem would all go away if Lawrence would just send Lance to business school...

alonsofan
alonsofan

KimiRai wrote:
27 Jul 2023, 20:49
And not sure how reliable this is as well but according to a person I know there is apparently, check this, pressure from the Formula One Management to switch Fernando for Drugovich...

Well, yes, but do not forget Fernando doesn't have contract extension for 2024. You know, there is pressure from F1 to let drugo drive, as Helmut Marko mentioned, it's complicated. As far as I know he [Alonso] has 1 year contract which extends upon mutual agreement for every next year, which means it is not for sure. I am sure AM will agree to extend but there is also pressure from FOM as they want to introduce new drivers for the marketing benefits.

They are powerful, back in 2020 FOM made dotation to Renault to sign Fernando by the amount of 10 million.
What a joke. And that too for marketing benefits. I think Alonso is any day one of the most marketable drivers in F1, and also an inspiration for young people in general to never giveup and keep on fighting come what may.

AR3-GP
AR3-GP

Alonso is the reason the Spanish GP continued.

diffuser

AR3-GP wrote:
27 Jul 2023, 18:03
diffuser wrote:
27 Jul 2023, 16:21
AR3-GP wrote:
27 Jul 2023, 13:13
Has this been posted yet? https://www.planetf1.com/news/mike-krac ... on-martin/

Krack says they they made mistakes. Improvement in one area had side effects on others.
Kind of vague with regards to mistakes ...could be anything from the Canada upgrades to wrong front/rear wing, brake winglets or beam wing.
Imo, it's without doubt the Canada upgrades.
Sounds like they had multiple upgrades planned but could only do some. The ones they chose have other upgrades planned and the changes they selected had some other unwanted side effects.

peewon

You know that rumor might have some legs. I found it very weird that there was so much criticism in the media about Lance not deserving his seat because of his points gap to Alonso. Without any mention of context of his reliability and strategy issues. He's not a top tier driver so his performance wasn't really bad compared to expectation. Just unlucky with points. Kinda like Alonso was last season. I found it was a strange thing to focus on because AM isn't really fighting for any constructors title. It almost seemed like a concerted effort to make Lance look bad and Lawrence's history of being sensitive to that.

diffuser

KimiRai wrote:
27 Jul 2023, 20:49

Contract extension for 2024 would be for the 2025 season? They did say Alonso signed a 2 year contract..

mvfad

I'm Brazilian and this "rumor" doesn't seem to make any sense.
Here in Brazil the general feeling is that Drugovich will not have a chance in F1 and will go to FE next year.
If there was any truth to this rumor, the Brazilian press would be talking a lot, which is not the case.
And there is no hope beyond 2025 at Aston Martin as Honda has already said it would like to have a Japanese driver there.

KimiRai
KimiRai

diffuser wrote:
27 Jul 2023, 22:37
Contract extension for 2024 would be for the 2025 season? They did say Alonso signed a 2 year contract..
Some said that, others say 1 year and option every next year afterwards... no clue.

mvfad wrote:
28 Jul 2023, 00:20
And there is no hope beyond 2025 at Aston Martin as Honda has already said it would like to have a Japanese driver there.
They also said they would respect the team's choice, doubt the deal involved Honda meddling with internal affairs of the team. Japanese company would prefer a Japanese driver obviously. In my opinion it's likely as long as him and the team feel he remains competitive by then he will have a seat.

Big Tea

AR3-GP wrote:
27 Jul 2023, 21:17
This problem would all go away if Lawrence would just send Lance to business school...
So would Am racing.
When arguing with a fool, be sure the other person is not doing the same thing.

AR3-GP
AR3-GP

Big Tea wrote:
28 Jul 2023, 02:02
AR3-GP wrote:
27 Jul 2023, 21:17
So would Am racing.
With the new financial regulations, Lawrence can still get a return on his investment whether or not Lance drives.

KimiRai
KimiRai

AR3-GP wrote:
28 Jul 2023, 02:28
With the new financial regulations, Lawrence can still get a return on his investment whether or not Lance drives.
Not a serious analysis or anything like that but if Alpine was recently valued at close to $900 million in total, and in the case Aston is valued for example at $1 billion, taking into account Stroll bought Force India for $117 million in 2018 then you add the costs of maintaining the team these last 4 years and all the other expenses and investments... it's possible he's already on paper at a profit rather than a loss without further success. Would like to know the real numbers just as curiosity.

diffuser

KimiRai wrote:
28 Jul 2023, 03:29
AR3-GP wrote:
28 Jul 2023, 02:28
Not a serious analysis or anything like that but if Alpine was recently valued at close to $900 million in total, and in the case Aston is valued for example at $1 billion, taking into account Stroll bought Force India for $117 million in 2018 then you add the costs of maintaining the team these last 4 years and all the other expenses and investments... it's possible he's already on paper at a profit rather than a loss without further success. Would like to know the real numbers just as curiosity.
No offense intended but I could easily get baffled by BS in the numbers. It would always come down to hearsay for me. Unless they get into financial straights, Lance driving will always come down to him and his dad.