2023 Oracle Red Bull Racing F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Just_a_fan
Just_a_fan

Re: 2023 Oracle Red Bull Racing F1 Team

AR3-GP wrote:
30 Jul 2023, 20:43
Just_a_fan wrote:
30 Jul 2023, 20:09
We all know that's total rubbish, but it would be amazing to see, wouldn't it?
RB would win every race for the next couple of years. Many people don't seem interested in that.
It would be a remarkable achievement but it wouldn't be interesting to watch. Max and Fernando in the same team? That's box office right there.
If you are more fortunate than others, build a larger table not a taller fence.

organic

chrisc90 wrote:
30 Jul 2023, 21:18
AR3-GP wrote:
30 Jul 2023, 20:43
Just_a_fan wrote:
30 Jul 2023, 20:09

We all know that's total rubbish, but it would be amazing to see, wouldn't it?
RB would win every race for the next couple of years. Many people don't seem interested in that.
Its a shame we didnt win Brazil 2022. Would have been some mighty achievement.
It's 20 wins out of 21 since France '22 iirc. That 1 due to Brazil, fair play to Merc

Cs98
Cs98

Max with another win from outside the top 3 on the grid, now with 9 in total. Passing up some F1 royalty on the way with Hamilton, Alonso and Kimi all on 8. I remember how Vettel used to get mocked for not having won from outside the top 3. Verstappen ticks another arbitrary box.

Sieper

He even knew it when the reporter asked. ‘Not looking to break records” hum hum.

He did also seemed to imply he didn’t think next year they would still have a car to win.

I hope not. Finally Max can win. 1 year with the outright best car and what I always thought would happen is also happening. He doesn’t need to steamroll every year but if we go back to not being able to win more than a race per year that would be sad. He has waited so long.

But maybe we need not fear. I think the money in F1 is no longer coming from the big car building companies, but more from the media attention it generates. And that does not require a major car brand getting ROI, it requires tight and exciting races.

chrisc90

If I was max I’d want to start in random spots just to make it fun. Sadly sponsorship and points risk of not winning all the time wouldn't be in favour.

Spoutnik
Spoutnik

organic

Cs98 wrote:
30 Jul 2023, 22:29
Max with another win from outside the top 3 on the grid, now with 9 in total. Passing up some F1 royalty on the way with Hamilton, Alonso and Kimi all on 8. I remember how Vettel used to get mocked for not having won from outside the top 3. Verstappen ticks another arbitrary box.
Also,

The record for wins from different grid positions is 9 with Max having now tied Alonso for top spot

organic

Sieper wrote:
30 Jul 2023, 22:56
He even knew it when the reporter asked. ‘Not looking to break records” hum hum.

He did also seemed to imply he didn’t think next year they would still have a car to win.

I hope not. Finally Max can win. 1 year with the outright best car and what I always thought would happen is also happening. He doesn’t need to steamroll every year but if we go back to not being able to win more than a race per year that would be sad. He has waited so long.

But maybe we need not fear. I think the money in F1 is no longer coming from the big car building companies, but more from the media attention it generates. And that does not require a major car brand getting ROI, it requires tight and exciting races.
I don't see why RB would not have the car next year. They have hardly brought upgrades. Next year's car should launch with 12 months worth of floor development and they already hold a 5-8 tenth gap over the field which is track dependent. Even assuming each other team makes a 1 second jump in the off-season, RB would only need a few tenths of development to stay within reach of wins.

Sieper

No more Mateschitz for one. He left the team in a very good place, but still. Maybe I read to much in to it.

Cs98
Cs98

Sieper wrote:
30 Jul 2023, 23:41
No more Mateschitz for one. He left the team in a very good place, but still. Maybe I read to much in to it.
Mateschitz had nothing to do with the car or development. He was the visionary owner backing the project, not the man running it. RB hasn't exactly skipped a beat since he passed. And now that the team is self-sufficient financially it's far less dependent on that kind of backing.

CHT
CHT

Always nice to watch Max starting further down the grid and Max looks like he is driving a different car when he passes Perez. Guess RB DRS advantage is back. :)

organic

I see on various channels that conversations already go back to topics such as Perez not having the same car as Verstappen. It was very predictable, but remains hilarious :mrgreen: :-({|=

Here's Perez on the subject, just last week:
The cars are the same. It's in the team's interest to have both cars up there every race. It's crazy what is being said on the outside. There's a lot of speculation
On possible sabotage of his car:
"No, no, that's impossible! The team is totally focused on giving me the opportunity to perform at my best."
I remember the exact same thing happened last year at Spa where claims were made about floor specifications being wildly different in performance

Keep it coming =D>

Sieper

People cant believe (or admit) that Max is in fact, unbelievably good.

And Look Perez is a good and experienced driver, but he is not one of the great talents on the grid.

I think whenever we start seeing those kind of reactions we must just pinch ourselves and be happy.

Sieper

Cs98 wrote:
31 Jul 2023, 00:32
Sieper wrote:
30 Jul 2023, 23:41
Mateschitz had nothing to do with the car or development. He was the visionary owner backing the project, not the man running it. RB hasn't exactly skipped a beat since he passed. And now that the team is self-sufficient financially it's far less dependent on that kind of backing.
It is, they are. But what happens when they hit a period when they aren't doing so well financially. That is when you need backing.
Last edited by Sieper on 31 Jul 2023, 13:20, edited 1 time in total.

organic

Horner to AMuS
"We didn‘t want to be too greedy. Nobody gets sleepless nights because of one point."

Though Max increased the gap in the last few laps.

Horner: "I asked GP if Max was trying to create a pit stop gap. But he assured me that Max was not pushing. All the values were in the green zone."