2023 Oracle Red Bull Racing F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
organic

Re: 2023 Oracle Red Bull Racing F1 Team

Interviewer: What moment would you like to pick out from this season? What you... Where you look back very fondly?

Max: Actually Baku, because of course we didn't win there in the end, but I learned a lot there and I said that after the race at the time. Only of course certain people think of: "Yeah, that's just from... To say it can all be better."

But in the end I learned a lot there during the race, also for myself. With the car, how I want the car in terms of setup and actually from there it only got better.

Interviewer: Nice that you point that out then actually.

Max: Yes, but you know, I can take the Hungary race, I'm 30 seconds ahead there, but yes that's how it has to be in the end. Those are those perfect weekends so to speak. But you actually learn more on weekends when things don't go quite right.
From viaplay

https://imgur.com/a/meNuAdH

Wouter

aug 3 2023 UNLAPPED | ESPN
The F1 season is in summer break, Katie George, Laurence Edmondson and Nate Saunders caught up with Red Bull team principal, Christian Horner.
They dive into the rise to domination from Red Bull, who received the bill for the broken trophies? Is Max an all-time great?
And what is Christian Horners favorite Spice Girls song? All this and more on in this in depth conversation with Christian Horner.
The Power of Dreams!

dxpetrov
dxpetrov

organic wrote:
03 Aug 2023, 14:39
Interviewer: What moment would you like to pick out from this season? What you... Where you look back very fondly?

Max: Actually Baku, because of course we didn't win there in the end, but I learned a lot there and I said that after the race at the time. Only of course certain people think of: "Yeah, that's just from... To say it can all be better."

But in the end I learned a lot there during the race, also for myself. With the car, how I want the car in terms of setup and actually from there it only got better.

Max: Yes, but you know, I can take the Hungary race, I'm 30 seconds ahead there, but yes that's how it has to be in the end. Those are those perfect weekends so to speak. But you actually learn more on weekends when things don't go quite right.
From viaplay

https://imgur.com/a/meNuAdH
This is exactly what I've been thinking all the time. Nobody seemed to notice and pay attention to what he said after that race. And it was quite telling straight on from Miami.
Glad that Max confirmed it as well!

Sieper

I noticed. Max on the podium in Jeddah looked like his cat just died, Max in Baku was so happy and when he said he learned a lot about the car I believed it. He also came very close at the end of the race kind off illustrating it already there.

organic

Not a big thing but Talking Bulls podcast a while back has an F1 wind tunnel Aerodynamics Engineer, Ana Groom, on and she talks about working on a floor upgrade for the 2nd half of the season. Not every upgrade they design will be released but I just thought it was notable

dxpetrov
dxpetrov

organic wrote:
04 Aug 2023, 15:46
Not a big thing but Talking Bulls podcast a while back has an F1 wind tunnel Aerodynamics Engineer, Ana Groom, on and she talks about working on a floor upgrade for the 2nd half of the season. Not every upgrade they design will be released but I just thought it was notable
I think they're done with that, probably with the Hungary update.

AR3-GP
AR3-GP

We had a discussion along these lines once before and I think we concluded that since they will nominally have to produce new floors due to service life, that they may choose to produce the newer spec instead of the older one at a time dictated by spares availability. It's possible we still see it but not in any hurry. I find it hard to believe they would go 10 races poking about with "circuit specific cooling updates". Even if they don't need upgrades, 10 races is just a long time to not learn anything new especially when regs are not changing.

chrisc90

Sure Christian said in final interview in Spa that it was just circuit specific stuff they will bring now. I believe it was with Sky F1 interview.

Wouter

Post deleted.
Last edited by Wouter on 05 Aug 2023, 18:33, edited 1 time in total.
The Power of Dreams!

Rikhart
Rikhart

organic wrote:

I honestly cannot understand what he meant by this. They already had testing, 3 race weekends, and the simulator work, how can he learn something new that is apparently so huge, from inside the car, while chasing his team mate?

Wouter

This evening Red Bull (Racing?) having a huge event in Porto Cervo, in the North of Sardinia.

Max and Carlos Sainz are already there for their holidays. Leclerc is also nearby.
He sails with his yacht from Corsica to Sardinia he said.

The Power of Dreams!

Juzh

Re: Red Bull RB19

In terms of eau rouge/raidilion lifts in order to reduce plank wear I'd say B-sport's channel theory holds water.
Sprint race offers a another good insight. After overtaking Piastri Verstappen is just cruising around, gaining a second per lap, but even so GP still comes on radio and and out of nowhere issues the infamous "use your head" instruction. There's only like 5 or 6 laps remaining and there' just no way they can possibly lose the race in normal circumstances, but still GP felt like he needed point it out. After that Verstappen starts doing even bigger lifts already on entry into the eau rouge/raidilion sequence and no scrapping can be heard (down 20 kmh compared to "normal" laps). Piastri behind him is flatout and gaining 3 tenths as a result.

bluechris

Re: Red Bull RB19

I don't know how to explain it but i think the ability that RB has to run very low, in low and high speeds are from aero and not solly from suspension that some people say. Seems to me that the car is soft and low on suspension and when all the other cars bottom out, RB as the klms rise there is some sort of aero balance from the underground effect and the normal upper side downforce that both counter react and we have the result we see.
Maybe i am wrong i don't know.

bigjj
bigjj

Rikhart wrote:
05 Aug 2023, 10:23
organic wrote:

I honestly cannot understand what he meant by this. They already had testing, 3 race weekends, and the simulator work, how can he learn something new that is apparently so huge, from inside the car, while chasing his team mate?
He had been tweaking the setup during that race, and in the final stretch of the race it was clear those adjustments looked to be working. After the race he said that maybe Perez had a more correct understanding of the tires for the season and that he learned a lot

chrisc90