2023 Oracle Red Bull Racing F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
organic

Re: 2023 Oracle Red Bull Racing F1 Team

Zynerji wrote:
19 Aug 2023, 02:21
Any takers on the idea of RBR going HEAVY after Rosberg? Could a.stupid 100m2yr get him back and in a RBR to challenge Max?🤣🤣
haha no chance in hell

Wouter

Gianni Vecchio, sim racer Team Redline: "Even with a controller, Verstappen is bizarrely fast"

Not many people can say that they have daily contact with Max Verstappen and that they drive in the same sim racing team
as the two-time Formula 1 champion. Gianni Vecchio, however, is one of them. The 25-year-old from Ingolstadt gives an exclusive
behind-the-scenes interview with Motorsport.com, from communication with Verstappen to the Dutchman's drive and skills
in the simulator: "He was only three-tenths slower on a controller! On a controller, compared to us. Can you imagine?
Three-tenths, on a controller, for a whole stint! It's not one lap, it's several laps. That's bizarre."

"It's not that we see each other a lot during the year, but the fact is that we're in touch every day. We text each other,
we're in voice channels. We talk about what's going on in his life, but he is also interested in what's going on in our lives.
He keeps asking what we're doing, what's planned, what we're doing. That's pretty cool. You know there's someone on the other end
who really cares you care. Talking to him is like talking to a good friend. It's like we've built a friendship, we know there's trust
and respect for each other. That's something that helps us a lot in the team, to have a safe environment. It's just great to have that."

"As I said, it's about having someone push you. If he sees that you're putting in the effort and you really show that you want to move the team and yourself forward and that you have the same goal as him to win everything, then he is one of the best people to meet,"
Vecchio praised the two-time F1 champion. "He gives a lot. It's incredible to have someone like that who pushes you, gives you tips
and is also a kind of mentor."
The whole translated interview in English.
The Power of Dreams!

Wouter

ringo wrote:
19 Aug 2023, 17:21
Thread has turned to a Verstappen love fest and nothing related to the team.
Well, you have news about the Red Bull Racing team? Thanks in advance!
The Power of Dreams!

organic

Didn't realize you weren't allowed to talk about how good a team's driver is. It directly relates to the team's performance after all :?

Any team that had the generational talent and current best driver on the grid would have plenty of talk about it in the team thread. Especially when they are currently setting unprecedented levels of win % and 1 race off levelling Seb's 9 wins in a row :oops:

Wouter

Max yesterday in his Aston Martin Valkyrie designed by Adrian Newey, Aston Martin, Red Bull Racing Advanced Technologies
with his friend Mark Cox in Monaco who made the first video from inside the car. [Sound on]

The Power of Dreams!

organic

The diffuser looks ridiculous when it is on a road like this

Cs98
Cs98

ringo wrote:
I do agree where it is said you can never know until two drivers are in the same car. Perfermonance is not a 1 to 1 mapping.
A driver can be average in one car and a star in the next.
Perez was stronger in his force india/ Racing point car than he is in the redbull.
Saying that. Redbull will keep Perez as long as he does not embarass them.
I can see how that would bother you given your allegiances. But driving/drivers fall under the team threads. <personal stuff removed>

ringo

Cs98 wrote:
19 Aug 2023, 22:11
ringo wrote:
I do agree where it is said you can never know until two drivers are in the same car. Perfermonance is not a 1 to 1 mapping.
Perez was stronger in his force india/ Racing point car than he is in the redbull.
I can see how that would bother you given your allegiances. But driving/drivers fall under the team threads. <personal stuff removed>
Well it seems that only applies to the redbull thread. I am not bothered, but there should be consistency.
Max driving around in an Aston Martin isn't team related. Nor is driver ying yang.
For Sure!!

Cs98
Cs98

ringo wrote:
20 Aug 2023, 07:46
Cs98 wrote:
19 Aug 2023, 22:11
ringo wrote:
Well it seems that only applies to the redbull thread. I am not bothered, but there should be consistency.
Max driving around in an Aston Martin isn't team related. Nor is driver ying yang.
Driver talk falls under the respective team threads. If it doesn't bother you then no need to talk about it.

Wouter

ringo wrote:
20 Aug 2023, 07:46
Max his Aston Martin Valkyrie is designed by Adrian Newey, Aston Martin, Red Bull Racing Advanced Technologies.
At the time Max got the car as a gift they were all related to RBR and Max and Newey and RBR Advanced Technologies still are.
So whats the point?
The Power of Dreams!

Stu

Driver talk is not forbidden in the team threads, however keep it relevant to team activities please.
Driver comparisons across the years and teams are not relevant to 2023 team activities.
Perspective - Understanding that sometimes the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view.

PackFansXL
PackFansXL

Would someone provide a link to any pics showing the RBR trophy room? Until I listened to a feature in Formula Why, I did not know that these trophies awarded to the drivers are contractually the property of the teams drivers race for and not the property of the driver.

djos

PackFansXL wrote:
21 Aug 2023, 02:49
Would someone provide a link to any pics showing the RBR trophy room? Until I listened to a feature in Formula Why, I did not know that these trophies awarded to the drivers are contractually the property of the teams drivers race for and not the property of the driver.
It prolly looks like an "infinity trophy case" these days:

"In downforce we trust"

Wouter

Focus on 2024, but what will Red Bull do about RB19 this F1 season?

It raises the question of what updates we can expect this year in the second half of the season, a question Paul Monaghan
was also asked during the technical media session in Hungary:
"There is at least one more real step ahead with the RB19 for the end of this season, a step that is already established."
The latter also makes sense, since Verstappen announced that the update package for Hungary was also fixed in January.

"After that we will see if we want to bring any more upgrades, but that will be completely with a view to next year," Monaghan continues his explanation. It means that additional updates will be purely in function of the RB20. "Towards the end of the year we can still put a few things on the car, but only if we think it's valid to bring those things in this year. That will then be completely in preparation for next year's car."

It means that Red Bull has been quite sparing with upgrades across the board and Hungary's package has apparently been the most drastic, along with the previous updates in Baku. "Visually Hungary's update is indeed a big one, but the scale of aerodynamic updates is not necessarily reflected in how different they look on the outside," explained Red Bull's chief engineer. "We can change many other things about the car that are less visible to people, but that have a similar or even greater effect."
The whole Motorsport.com article translated in English.
The Power of Dreams!

TFSA

PackFansXL wrote:Would someone provide a link to any pics showing the RBR trophy room? Until I listened to a feature in Formula Why, I did not know that these trophies awarded to the drivers are contractually the property of the teams drivers race for and not the property of the driver.
That's not a given. For example, Lewis contract stipulates that he get to keep his trophies. This was actually a big point of contention for Lewis during his McLaren days. He did not see eye to eye with Ron Dennis there.

I'm not sure about Max. I tried researching a bit, but nothing concrete came up. But Max does have a pretty advantageous contract, so it's a possibility. The question is more whether or not he cares. Max isn't a sentimental person. He's more about living in the moment.

Often, replicas are made for the party who doesn't get to keep the original trophy.