2023 Oracle Red Bull Racing F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Wouter

Re: 2023 Oracle Red Bull Racing F1 Team

TFSA wrote:
21 Aug 2023, 12:26
PackFansXL wrote:Would someone provide a link to any pics showing the RBR trophy room? Until I listened to a feature in Formula Why, I did not know that these trophies awarded to the drivers are contractually the property of the teams drivers race for and not the property of the driver.
That's not a given. For example, Lewis contract stipulates that he get to keep his trophies. This was actually a big point of contention for Lewis during his McLaren days. He did not see eye to eye with Ron Dennis there.

I'm not sure about Max. I tried researching a bit, but nothing concrete came up. But Max does have a pretty advantageous contract, so it's a possibility.
The question is more whether or not he cares. Max isn't a sentimental person. He's more about living in the moment.

Often, replicas are made for the party who doesn't get to keep the original trophy.
This has nothing to do with sentimentality. Like Alonso, Max wants to set up a museum with all the stuff from his racing days.
He's been collecting stuff for that for years. Each year he also gets the race car he raced in that year.
By the way, the original trophies go to Milton Keynes and Max gets replicas.
The Power of Dreams!

Wouter

The Power of Dreams!

FW17

Max is just a bit dejected by not being allowed to drive at the Nordschleife by RedBull

Wouter

FW17 wrote:
23 Aug 2023, 08:38
Max is just a bit dejected by not being allowed to drive at the Nordschleife by RedBull
Max knows that he is not allowed to do certain activities for safety reasons and he has resigned himself to that for a long time.
Why would that make him dejected?! He still has enough time to drive there once. By the way, there are a few busy months ahead.

This doesn't sound to me as a dejected Max:
Max says: “The summer break was really good, I had a decent amount of time relaxing with friends.
I'm excited to get going with the second half of the season now and what better way to start than in the Netherlands.
It's an amazing track and of course, the fans are incredible there, so I'm definitely excited to get back on track.
It looks like the weather could be temperamental there but I don't mind either way, wet or dry, we'll do our best
to make sure we score maximum points.”
The Power of Dreams!

organic

https://www.kleinezeitung.at/sport/moto ... n-zwischen

Marko was visited by Ricciardo in the off-season in Graz. Article doesn't contain much info other than leaks a major alpha tauri upgrade coming soon. Does say that nothing in F1 is 100% certain when performance-related factors can change situation dramatically. Essentially doesn't rule out Perez getting the boot for 2024

organic

Expect next update in singapore then. Cheers Marko.

Considering the general trend with high df wings up and down the field I'm going to assume that these new endplate styles are the way forward, at least for low efficiency tracks. Singapore's one of those and I feel this sort of endplate trick could be easily/cheaply be copied by RB for their next upgrades. Wouldn't expect much from the Singapore upgrade apart from that
oe24: Wolff doesn't have much to laugh about in Formula 1 this year either. He also fears that, given your updates, Mercedes will also have to brace themselves for a lot in the second half of the season...

Marko: He means the update before the Grand Prix in Spa, but it wasn't all that massive. Our next one won't come until Singapore.
Source article/interview:

https://www.oe24.at/sport/motorsport/fo ... /566794495

Translation available here

Helmut marko try not to talk to journalists challenge.. difficult level = impossible

Wouter

The Power of Dreams!

organic

Long runs bode well..

Shame about ricciardo's injury but Lawson is available this weekend and at the circuit. Could be a good opportunity for him to step in

ME4ME

organic wrote:
25 Aug 2023, 17:09
Could be a good opportunity for him to step in
I disagree he'd be set up to fail without getting FP1 and FP2 around Zandvoort in these cars.

organic

ME4ME wrote:
25 Aug 2023, 17:21
organic wrote:
25 Aug 2023, 17:09
Could be a good opportunity for him to step in
I disagree he'd be set up to fail without getting FP1 and FP2 around Zandvoort in these cars.
True but Lawson has historically got up to speed very quickly

Anyway Marko seems to be less favourably discussing checo's situation recently.

Today on sky Germany he said
"The situation is that Perez has to perform. That means he has to improve his qualifying”

“Everything is clear for this year. As for next year, we will see"

Yes that is Helmut floating Lawson for the 2024 RB seat before he's raced in F1 :lol:

Juzh

At what point does marko himself become a liability for RB? I know he's a straight talker all his life but some of his more recent decisions and statements have been a bit whack.

organic

Juzh wrote:
25 Aug 2023, 21:59
At what point does marko himself become a liability for RB? I know he's a straight talker all his life but some of his more recent decisions and statements have been a bit whack.
Ah but it's such great entertainment

AR3-GP
AR3-GP

Juzh wrote:
Marko is a mascot/bot designed to get under the skin of opponents. He has largely succeeded, isn't that right J.... :wink:

chrisc90

AR3-GP wrote:
25 Aug 2023, 23:24
Juzh wrote:
Marko is a mascot/bot designed to get under the skin of opponents. He has largely succeeded, isn't that right J.... :wink:
Amazing a lot of people call him out as being a liar aswell.

Just_a_fan
Just_a_fan

chrisc90 wrote:
25 Aug 2023, 23:33
AR3-GP wrote:
25 Aug 2023, 23:24
Juzh wrote:
Amazing a lot of people call him out as being a liar aswell.
There's a reason for that.
If you are more fortunate than others, build a larger table not a taller fence.