All kinds of news about F1.

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
mclaren111

Re: All kinds of news about F1.

daneferrari wrote:
12 Jun 2023, 13:10
mclaren111 wrote:
11 Jun 2023, 09:46
Racefans:

Mattia Binotto lashes out at Audi 'clowns' as ex-Ferrari chief rejects F1 return (Mirror)
'The Italian was even invited to visit the company's headquarters and meet the executives behind the project, as well as viewing their facilities.
But it appears the visit did not have the desired affect, with Binotto firmly rejecting Audi's offer. He had travelled to Germany with an 'open mind' and was prepared to take in Audi's presentation.
They failed to impress the Italian though and he was scathing of some of the people behind the Audi team.'
https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/formula- ... l-30203218

Interesting...
A secret grudge or disrespected?

Who knows... The Germans are a funny bunch... :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Big Tea

daneferrari wrote:
12 Jun 2023, 13:10
mclaren111 wrote:
11 Jun 2023, 09:46
Racefans:

Mattia Binotto lashes out at Audi 'clowns' as ex-Ferrari chief rejects F1 return (Mirror)
'The Italian was even invited to visit the company's headquarters and meet the executives behind the project, as well as viewing their facilities.
But it appears the visit did not have the desired affect, with Binotto firmly rejecting Audi's offer. He had travelled to Germany with an 'open mind' and was prepared to take in Audi's presentation.
They failed to impress the Italian though and he was scathing of some of the people behind the Audi team.'
https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/formula- ... l-30203218

Interesting...
A secret grudge or disrespected?
Or a recruiting add for top staff.
When arguing with a fool, be sure the other person is not doing the same thing.

Wouter

deleted
Last edited by Wouter on 14 Jun 2023, 21:01, edited 2 times in total.
The Power of Dreams!

chrisc90

Thats been doctored. IT was actually Alonso, Car 14 that got checked.

https://www.fia.com/sites/default/files ... r%2014.pdf

Wouter

chrisc90 wrote:
14 Jun 2023, 20:58
Thats been doctored. IT was actually Alonso, Car 14 that got checked.

https://www.fia.com/sites/default/files ... r%2014.pdf
Yes, I just saw it on several documents. Everywere stood 14. :D
The Power of Dreams!

Wouter

Mazepin clears HUGE hurdle in bid to make controversial F1 return

Tuesday 1 August 2023 12:53

Nikita Mazepin is now cleared to return to F1 after the EU court ruled to suspend sanctions in regard to the Russian invasion of Ukraine.

The 24-year-old was prevented from racing in F1 at the start of 2022 as the war began because of close connections between him and Vladimir Putin.

After a second court session, it was ruled that Mazepin can return to racing in F1 if he can find a seat.

He has already negotiated with some teams over a potential deal when he was granted access to the European Union back on 2 March.
https://www.gpfans.com/en/f1-news/10010 ... ng-banned/
The Power of Dreams!

chrisc90

Problem is… who is going to want him.

There could also be sanctions on him entering certain countries for example

Just_a_fan
Just_a_fan

chrisc90 wrote:
01 Aug 2023, 17:48

Even with his father's money (and how much of that is available given banking sanctions), which team would want to take on a Russian driver at the moment? Even if he was actually half decent they'd be struggling to make excuses. As he's a total liability in a racing car, what value does he bring to any team?
If you are more fortunate than others, build a larger table not a taller fence.

chrisc90

Just_a_fan wrote:
01 Aug 2023, 21:10
chrisc90 wrote:
01 Aug 2023, 17:48

Even with his father's money (and how much of that is available given banking sanctions), which team would want to take on a Russian driver at the moment? Even if he was actually half decent they'd be struggling to make excuses. As he's a total liability in a racing car, what value does he bring to any team?
There is that too. I imagine it would be hugely controversial for a team to welcome him back in, especially given the conflict Russia are causing. Finding a seat would be the hardest task, as I’m sure teams would rather take a punt on a lower division driver upcoming than ‘that’ Russian driver who was boldest average at best in a F1 car. Then I presume sponsors of the team/ driver have to admit to putting him in the car. For example say oracle or petronas (used as a example of a sponsor) might not agree to it, and pull the plug on the funds. It caused haas enough grief as it was getting rid and having a Russian driver when it all kicked off.

Whilst he might ‘clear his name’, I highly doubt he will ever get a seat in F1 ever again. Whether there are lower divisions willing to take a punt on him is another thing. Then it comes round to the beginning of the circle once again I said above

stephen

Earlier in the day, I was reading a news about Williams $100 Million Lawsuit and I think the amount is crazy.
Stephen Marengo
My F1 favorites: Community | Team | Driver

Big Tea

stephen wrote:
15 Aug 2023, 21:58
Earlier in the day, I was reading a news about Williams $100 Million Lawsuit and I think the amount is crazy.
They have to recover the cost of recovering the money as well as recovering what unpowered deals they had to make at the time, so it is not just replace what they were owed, but cover all the extra expense too
When arguing with a fool, be sure the other person is not doing the same thing.

Wouter

Big Tea wrote:
15 Aug 2023, 23:30
stephen wrote:
They have to recover the cost of recovering the money as well as recovering what unpowered deals they had to make at the time, so it is not just replace what they were owed, but cover all the extra expense too
More information: https://businessf1magazine.com/july-2023-issue/

According to Business F1 Magazine, she would have been hired by Capito and would have started an affair with Furtz to get
those contracts through with far too high amounts. All three persons were therefore fired by Williams last year and a lawsuit
was filed against Schwarz. Schwarz's lawsuit is therefore a response to this, not the other way around as claimed.

The Power of Dreams!

mclaren111

Wouter wrote:
16 Aug 2023, 14:18
Big Tea wrote:
15 Aug 2023, 23:30
stephen wrote:
More information: https://businessf1magazine.com/july-2023-issue/

According to Business F1 Magazine, she would have been hired by Capito and would have started an affair with Furtz to get
those contracts through with far too high amounts. All three persons were therefore fired by Williams last year and a lawsuit
was filed against Schwarz. Schwarz's lawsuit is therefore a response to this, not the other way around as claimed.

https://businessf1magazine.com/wp-conte ... 8x1448.jpg

The World seems to have gone mad lately... Wars & Corruption Everywhere... #-o #-o

Wouter

How is Seb Vettel doing right now? A very long interview in the Red Bulletin. "life-after-formula-1-resignation."

https://www.redbull.com/de-de/theredbul ... ruecktritt

The Power of Dreams!

organic

An interesting track limits solution @ Jerez :-k