2023 - McLaren Formula 1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
LionsHeart
LionsHeart

Re: 2023 - McLaren Formula 1 Team

mwillems wrote:
27 Aug 2023, 13:39
LionsHeart wrote:
27 Aug 2023, 13:15
Let me introduce 2022. Monza. Rear wing of McLaren. I think most will stop talking nonsense.

https://ibb.co/vh8pFgs
https://ibb.co/SJd4Mvx
Do you need to be obnoxious to present your opinion ? It's especially worse when you try to state your opinion as a fact. Whether it turns to be right or wrong has nothing to do with it.

You may or may not be wrong again, but you should at least be open to it.
I am the same person. I could be wrong. This is fine. But if you are so sure that Stella is talking nonsense, and you are always right, does it not seem that you are distorting? I can't always be right. I just noted the fact that the Monza team will use a different wing. It's just logic. And my guess is where the team will be and how it will perform and where and what turns it will suit this is just an assumption. There is nothing terrible here. The one who does nothing makes no mistakes.

BMMR61

I think that people here are passionate and getting tangled up in knots over assumptions that go back to the 50/25/25% rollout of the evolution. Add the Spa hi df rear wing scenario (debacle?) and everyone is trying to find dots to connect with this week’s new wing. How many teams are giving the fans detailed plans when themselves they’re changing those plans by the day, even the hour. I believe Lionheart’s conclusions - because we haven’t seen a genuine low df rear wing and Monza absolutely requires it. Either they’re not going to have such a suitable wing as per Spa or they are which will be very different to any we’ve seen to date. Those thin beauties in the photos should do the trick!
Last edited by BMMR61 on 27 Aug 2023, 14:01, edited 1 time in total.

mwillems

LionsHeart wrote:
27 Aug 2023, 13:51
mwillems wrote:
LionsHeart wrote:
27 Aug 2023, 13:15
Let me introduce 2022. Monza. Rear wing of McLaren. I think most will stop talking nonsense.

https://ibb.co/vh8pFgs
https://ibb.co/SJd4Mvx
Do you need to be obnoxious to present your opinion ? It's especially worse when you try to state your opinion as a fact. Whether it turns to be right or wrong has nothing to do with it.

I am the same person. I could be wrong. This is fine. But if you are so sure that Stella is talking nonsense, and you are always right, does it not seem that you are distorting? I can't always be right. I just noted the fact that the Monza team will use a different wing. It's just logic. And my guess is where the team will be and how it will perform and where and what turns it will suit this is just an assumption. There is nothing terrible here. The one who does nothing makes no mistakes.
Do you read? I've stated several times today this is my opinion and I may be wrong. Not sure how I am distorting Stella either, but I guess another opinion as a fact. But I think that telling people who you don't agree with will stop talking "nonsense" in the face of your opinion is not necessary and it seems you have some need to be taken seriously and to be right, that is beyond normal or engaging, But it is the last I'll say on it.

I'm totally fine with being wrong on the wing, I'm not convinced I am right, that I have made clear plenty. How could I, I'm not in possession of all the facts, like everyone else in here.
I'm not taking advice from a cartoon dog

-Bandit

FittingMechanics
FittingMechanics

CjC wrote:
27 Aug 2023, 12:22
mwillems wrote:
27 Aug 2023, 12:05
CjC wrote:
27 Aug 2023, 11:53

We’ll know on Thursday😉
We will! 🤣
https://the-race.com/formula-1/gary-and ... ng-detail/

It’s like they are watching us👀
Big takeaway from that article is that the wing correlates well with expectation. Good news for mid/high downforce tracks.

LionsHeart
LionsHeart

mwillems wrote:
27 Aug 2023, 13:59
LionsHeart wrote:
27 Aug 2023, 13:51
mwillems wrote:

Do you read? I've stated several times today this is my opinion and I may be wrong. Not sure how I am distorting Stella either, but I guess another opinion as a fact. But I think that telling people who you don't agree with will stop talking "nonsense" in the face of your opinion is not necessary and it seems you have some need to be taken seriously and to be right, that is beyond normal or engaging, But it is the last I'll say on it.

I'm totally fine with being wrong on the wing, I'm not convinced I am right, that I have made clear plenty. How could I, I'm not in possession of all the facts, like everyone else in here.
You're just taking my words harshly. I already wrote to you that this is not directly on you. In general, I described the picture that I saw today. I saw that you wrote earlier and that this is your opinion, as well as the fact that we both agreed that there may be translation errors. I, like you, want to get an accurate picture. The truth, if you will. Do not take my words too closely, even if they personally offend you.

LionsHeart
LionsHeart

Because when I woke up in the morning and read the dialogues here, I didn’t even understand what it was about and what rear wings it was about. :D I had to take the time to figure out what was going on here.

Race start soon. I keep my fingers crossed for our drivers!

mwillems

Track is damp today already with the expectation of light rain hitting very soon. Looks like the start will be damp at best and perhaps with some light surface water, exactly what we need if we can stay out of trouble.

I don't think we can catch Max still, but it helps keep the second place a little more secure if we don't have any mishaps and the team makes the right strategic calls.

-Bandit

MrGapes

looking at the f2 race, the dirty side of the grid has absolutely zero grip so they had to do a rolling start, so Lando and Oscar may be a big disadvantage at the start.. I was hoping for some rain before the start, but will be damp/rubbered in track.

mwillems

MrGapes wrote:
27 Aug 2023, 14:15
looking at the f2 race, the dirty side of the grid has absolutely zero grip so they had to do a rolling start, so Lando and Oscar may be a big disadvantage at the start.. I was hoping for some rain before the start, but will be damp/rubbered in track.
From the BBC live feed:
"It is another damp day in Zandvoort, with latest weather forecasts suggesting light rain is about to hit the circuit."

Fingers crossed!

-Bandit

organic

Only one set of new softs for Norris. Slightly concerning

mwillems

Hopefully a decent stint in the rain will mitigate this a little. Forecast has 82% chance of rain in the first half hour, and a 50% chance at the end.

-Bandit

organic

mwillems wrote:
27 Aug 2023, 14:23
Hopefully a decent stint in the rain will mitigate this a little. Forecast has 82% chance of rain in the first half hour, and a 50% chance at the end.
I'm not sure any of the rain is expected to be heavy. Might not be enough for inters?

MrGapes

mwillems wrote:
27 Aug 2023, 14:17
MrGapes wrote:
27 Aug 2023, 14:15
From the BBC live feed:
"It is another damp day in Zandvoort, with latest weather forecasts suggesting light rain is about to hit the circuit."

Fingers crossed!
I hope so.. if not they need to sacrifice his only new soft at the start, although I'd expect most the grid is going to start softs

mwillems

organic wrote:
27 Aug 2023, 14:26
mwillems wrote:
27 Aug 2023, 14:23
I'm not sure any of the rain is expected to be heavy. Might not be enough for inters?
No possibly not. We can only hope the rain persists. Even then it won't mitigate it much as it removes any need for two compounds and others can still use 2 sets of new soft.

-Bandit

Darth-Piekus

No matter what hapens let's enjoy the race. If its wet perhaps Lando might challenge for 1st place. We shal see.