2023 Aston Martin | Aramco | Cognizant F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
organic

Re: 2023 Aston Martin | Aramco | Cognizant F1 Team

If they have improved drag like before Zandvoort, and also returned slow speed to early season performance, amr will be good at Monza

But yes things can repeat like that

peewon

Great race by Alonso, he was brilliant on the first lap. Understandable strategy call on the first lap, good call on the switch back to softs but not so great on the last stop, leaving him out too long and allowing Sainz to undercut after the mistake. Most encouraging thing is that race pace looked good on dry tyres but too early to make any definitive conclusions about pecking order based on such a randomness filled race. Was glad to hear Krack admit that and I have to say I like whatever he says. Comes across as fully self aware and pragmatic.

KimiRai
KimiRai

peewon wrote:
27 Aug 2023, 20:13
Great race by Alonso, he was brilliant on the first lap. Understandable strategy call on the first lap, good call on the switch back to softs but not so great on the last stop, leaving him out too long and allowing Sainz to undercut after the mistake. Most encouraging thing is that race pace looked good on dry tyres but too early to make any definitive conclusions about pecking order based on such a randomness filled race. Was glad to hear Krack admit that and I have to say I like whatever he says. Comes across as fully self aware and pragmatic.
Yeah krack is a blessing of a team principal, he does his job very well.

In my opinion, probably Max would have taken pole, but I'm a hundred percent sure Fernando would have beaten Max in the redbull today

F1doc
F1doc

NAPI10 wrote:
27 Aug 2023, 16:19
There is a peculiar pattern with Lance....whenever a new upgrade is introduced; he simply forgets to drive the car.
Whatever credibility Lance had before I think has absolutely gone now. He's not anywhere near F1 top tier standards even after all the seasons of experience he has had.

Alonso completely outperformed him this weekend and made the gulf embarrassing.

KimiRai
KimiRai

F1doc wrote:
27 Aug 2023, 20:55
NAPI10 wrote:
27 Aug 2023, 16:19
There is a peculiar pattern with Lance....whenever a new upgrade is introduced; he simply forgets to drive the car.
Whatever credibility Lance had before I think has absolutely gone now. He's not anywhere near F1 top tier standards even after all the seasons of experience he has had.

Alonso completely outperformed him this weekend and made the gulf embarrassing.
Lance had bad luck again with the strategy I believe, its true he has part of the blame for having not made it to q3 but hes had terrible luck too

alonsofan
alonsofan

All the Alo critics who say he cannot nail a final quali lap have left it seems. He's a GOAT again. Just another day in the life of Alo. 🤣

alonsofan
alonsofan

KimiRai wrote:
27 Aug 2023, 20:45
peewon wrote:
27 Aug 2023, 20:13
Yeah krack is a blessing of a team principal, he does his job very well.

In my opinion, probably Max would have taken pole, but I'm a hundred percent sure Fernando would have beaten Max in the redbull today
The man himself has said it when he was at Ferrari. Give me a car with 2 tenths of the fastest car, and I'll win the championship. It holds true even today.

alonsofan
alonsofan

Also to the Alo critics. The guys who Alo is racing are nearly 20 years younger to him, and he's literally toying with them. That move on lap 1. 🥵

issey
issey

I’m hyped

organic

issey wrote:
27 Aug 2023, 23:34
I’m hyped
Proper low downforce wing in Monza and front wing at Singapore? That's what I'm expecting.

In terms of upgrade amr have already brought 2 upgraded floor specs, 2 new sidepod specs and 2 new engine cover specs on top of a bunch of front wings & minor details like brake duct winglets throughout the year which is probably the most upgrades on the grid already. I don't see them bringing anything else major
Last edited by organic on 27 Aug 2023, 23:37, edited 1 time in total.

issey
issey

organic wrote:
27 Aug 2023, 23:35
issey wrote:
I’m hyped
Low downforce wing in Monza and front wing at Singapore?
A new front wing should come for Singapore, what is coming for Monza is not known

issey
issey

organic wrote:
issey wrote:
I’m hyped
Proper low downforce wing in Monza and front wing at Singapore? That's what I'm expecting.

Amr have already brought 2 floor specs, 2 sidepod specs and 2 engine cover specs on top of a bunch of front wings throughout the year which is probably the most upgrades on the grid already. I don't see them bringing anything else major
Marca said after the summer break aston will bring new floor, sidepods and something to improve the DRS efficiency. So a new floor already came so maybe something for a better DRS efficiency will come

KimiRai
KimiRai

Afaik Fernando has also either driven or was given offers by all top teams with the only exception of Mercedes. Although there were rumours of a switch with Hamilton in 2014.

KimiRai
KimiRai

issey wrote:
27 Aug 2023, 23:36
organic wrote:
issey wrote:
I’m hyped
Low downforce wing in Monza and front wing at Singapore?
A new front wing should come for Singapore, what is coming for Monza is not known
According to the same sources who predicted that Aston would bounce back from the summer break, Monza should only be circuit specific changes. Could be a low downforce wing like organic said
Last edited by KimiRai on 27 Aug 2023, 23:49, edited 1 time in total.

alonsofan
alonsofan

organic wrote:
27 Aug 2023, 23:33
Vettel and ricciardo didn't have the junior career that made everyone want to sign him directly into F1 from F3. Merc, Ferrari, RB all wanted him directly out of F3. Merc would've had him into their clutches if Marko didn't up the ante with a direct race seat.

Don't remember other top teams fighting over vettel/ricciardo like that. Iirc the last driver top teams have all wanted was Hamilton?

Lauda praised him as talent of a century after 1 weekend in RB. Martin said future wdc a few weekends into Toro Rosso career at the age of 18.

It's not like max has only achieved success at red bull because the team is built around him. The success was before as well and immediate upon arrival
The true mettle of a driver is only proved when he faces an uphill task, and when things are not working out for him. Alonso is highly respected because he took uncompetitive cars to places it shouldn't be and there are many more reasons. Same with Ham, he dealt with all the pressure and the ups and downs. Vettel Ricciardo couldn't handle it. I don't like to club Ricciardo with Vettel, but he has also somehow lost himself.

Ver had his father for him to guide him at each step. Would love to see how he deals with an uncompetitive car. A tough teammate, the politics et al.

Also, I've said at the beginning of my comment itself, that he hasn't put a foot wrong this year.

By Martin, you mean Martin Whitmarsh? I remember him calling Vandoorne and Magnussen as potential champions, and look at them now.