2023 Aston Martin | Aramco | Cognizant F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
zoroastar

Re: 2023 Aston Martin | Aramco | Cognizant F1 Team

pretty good interview with the ruthless competitor himself haah

Kamel
Kamel

Funny race.
Surprised after the 2nd pitstop Alonso put a quick lap one after another, being faster than Max

selvam_e2002
selvam_e2002

alonsofan wrote:
28 Aug 2023, 01:07
issey wrote:
27 Aug 2023, 23:34
I’m hyped
Fingers crossed for Singapore 8) 8) 8)
I agree and support all your point on RB drivers. I been watching F1 from 1990s.
Whatever told on Max same hype was there when Vettel drove RB. So it is not new for me. name any driver who did good after out from RB. NONE. The car is more suitable for Max same like Vettel. He is used to it for nearly 7 years so it is very difficult to adopt when he move out(out from comfortable zone) from RB. He and his father knows about it. He will retire in RB he won't jump the ship like Vettel. Is any one remembering Vettel now?

It is the same hype when Vettel drove RB from 2010 to 2013. It will disappear very soon.

-wkst-
-wkst-

organic wrote:
27 Aug 2023, 23:35
issey wrote:
27 Aug 2023, 23:34
I’m hyped
Proper low downforce wing in Monza and front wing at Singapore? That's what I'm expecting.

In terms of upgrade amr have already brought 2 upgraded floor specs, 2 new sidepod specs and 2 new engine cover specs on top of a bunch of front wings & minor details like brake duct winglets throughout the year which is probably the most upgrades on the grid already. I don't see them bringing anything else major
Where was the 2nd upgraded spec sidepod (excluding engine cover/shark fin area)? Canada and? I would expect AMR will bring 1 more sidepod update this year. Everything else I agree, there won't be big visible upgrades anymore (only evolutions of current specs).

Maybe under the skin however. As Fallows said interestingly one time this year, there are updates you can't see and nobody can talk about, but they are worth some time...

darkpino
darkpino

alonsofan wrote:
27 Aug 2023, 23:08
KimiRai wrote:
27 Aug 2023, 22:51
alonsofan wrote:
27 Aug 2023, 22:30

The man himself has said it when he was at Ferrari. Give me a car with 2 tenths of the fastest car, and I'll win the championship. It holds true even today.
Max is the best driver of the grid right now and I don't think anyone could beat him with his current form on the same car. But Fernando would have beat him this race, unluckily we will never know. Max said it himself on the cooldown room that on lap 2 Fernando was very quick behind him.
Max has not put a foot wrong, so I'll giv him credit for that. But look at all the Red Bull drivers. They are lions in Red Bull cars, and once they leave Red Bull, they can't handle it all. The pressure, the politics etc. So credit to max, but I'll say he hasn't been tested enough and been well protected by Red Bull
If you are still not convinced of Max his mental abilities than nothing will is my guess

Otromundo

Max vs Alonso vs Max... I liked the extensive talk with Hamilton and some others also in the sauce.

There is something in which Max and Fernando are very similar: both have a bad temper when necessary. And they are not exactly "polite" when they want to make something very clear. Wild bit. That's why I love both. And also because I am sure that if they ran on top of a box of Heinekens they would do everything possible not to finish last.

Hamilton has had an easier life, everything worked out for him from the start, he racked up a lot of titles and perhaps his ambition has been dampened a bit. Now he only has almost the pride of beating his teammate, of course. It also seems normal to me: he has had an exceptional sports career. And that fills one's own ego a lot.

Max and Fernando would not make a good team from the fans' point of view. It would be a very boring championship. They are not like Senna and Prost, so different. As they are much more similar, they respect each other and I imagine they would have a pact "the one who is first in the first corner or the first lap, if nothing happens will win". It's better that they run on different teams, so they don't have to respect each other as much. Of course, if they were teammates ... no fan would want to miss the first corner or the first lap. The exact opposite of his team boss.

As for Lance...thank goodness he's the team owner's son. If not, what a curse that would have fallen on him. He doesn't seem like a bad driver to me, none of the participants does. I also admire him for how well he is managing the matter. It doesn't have to be easy to do.
Believe half of what you see and none of what you hear.

majki2111

I was asked to put this post here from car thread, thanks in advance...
majki2111 wrote:
27 Aug 2023, 12:30
I have a question. I just got a masters degree in material engineering in Zagreb, Croatia and I saw this tweet.

In my faculty we learnt about mechanics of materials trough stress-strain plot mainly.

Whit which plot would this phenomenon of Aston be describable and would it be even understandable for guy who graduated from faculty a month ago and with no work experience in this field? :mrgreen: :? :D

issey
issey

Alonso was only 3 tenths slower than Verstappen during the race

diffuser

alonsofan wrote:
28 Aug 2023, 01:06
I would say it is futile to compare Max with the likes of Alo, Ham at this stage. I would say giv the guy some time. Let him age a little. Time is kind to no one, then may it be Vettle, Alo, Ham. And in the end, what will be left is the driver and how he fought. Let's see
It's always gonna be impossible to compare drivers from different teams at different times. All you can offer is a guess. It will never be conclusive. In fact, Ocon would argue, he out drove Alonso last year. So sometimes it's hard to get conclusive evidence about drivers on the same team. Please don't go down a rabbit hole of Alonso vs Ocon. I don't believe that, just saying it could be argued.

nowaysthatsreal
nowaysthatsreal

issey wrote:
28 Aug 2023, 14:42

I think he was losing time in sector 2 most laps, by around 0.4 seconds. But was equal or better in sectors 1 & 3 in comparison to RedBulls. I think even alpine was faster in sector 2 than AMR

peewon

nowaysthatsreal wrote:
28 Aug 2023, 19:41
issey wrote:
28 Aug 2023, 14:42

I think he was losing time in sector 2 most laps, by around 0.4 seconds. But was equal or better in sectors 1 & 3 in comparison to RedBulls. I think even alpine was faster in sector 2 than AMR
I think this is a bit misleading. Mercs and Mclarens botched the strategy at the start and were running behind/trying to overtake much slower cars for a lot of the race. I dont think theres much difference between them AM on this track.

KimiRai
KimiRai

According to a journalist two tenths is the improvement the new floor has given to Aston Martin. Not enough to beat McLaren or Mercedes in pure performance just yet.

issey
issey

KimiRai wrote:
28 Aug 2023, 22:21
According to a journalist two tenths is the improvement the new floor has given to Aston Martin. Not enough to beat McLaren or Mercedes in pure performance just yet.
who said that?

peewon

KimiRai wrote:
This sounds more reasonable. Although, I think this track would suit AM more since it doesn't have a lot of straights. Or maybe the characteristics of the updated car are different. We'll find out more at Monza. Merc looks second best though.

AR3-GP
AR3-GP

KimiRai wrote:
I think that when you consider the increased driver confidence due to the package, then you get another tenth out of it probably.