2023 Aston Martin | Aramco | Cognizant F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
KimiRai
KimiRai

Re: 2023 Aston Martin | Aramco | Cognizant F1 Team

organic wrote:
30 Aug 2023, 22:07
CjC wrote:
30 Aug 2023, 21:40
This any better?
https://formu1a.uno/en/f1-news-aston-ma ... s-of-2023/
If you read the formu1a article and then the Motorsport article that they quote as their source.. I feel like they are misinterpreting/making a stretch that isn't quite there to be concluded.
I agree, I think it may come from Krack's line of "We have worked very hard in recent weeks to improve the top speed and the DRS of our package" that some may be interpreting as them bringing something special to Monza, but I think he rather meant that Monza will be a good test of how much they've already improved the car in that respect, which we saw partially at Zandvoort. But happy to be proven wrong of course.

Also to me the english version of formu1a.uno seems to be lower quality and sometimes a bit clickbaity, it has a different editor for sure.

diffuser

Cs98 wrote:
30 Aug 2023, 14:30
KimiRai wrote:
30 Aug 2023, 14:27
-wkst- wrote:
30 Aug 2023, 11:09
Rearding flexi front wings:
https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/f1-t ... /10513312/

Curious for Singapore, how competitive the team will be.
Well that's interesting, let's see if someone else gets the short end of the stick. Aston already did.

"the FIA has delayed the adoption of its new stance until the Singapore Grand Prix next month - which means competitors can continue with their current designs through to the end of this weekend's Monza race."

All eyes on Singapore...
Doubt it will make much of a difference. The current spec AMR wing still flexes but more in line with the competition. The wing they ran at the start of the season flexed an insane amount.
From what I understood from the Motorsport read, it isn't the amount of flex but the wing is literally changing shape at different speeds.

-wkst-
-wkst-

KimiRai wrote:
30 Aug 2023, 22:21
I agree, I think it may come from Krack's line of "We have worked very hard in recent weeks to improve the top speed and the DRS of our package" that some may be interpreting as them bringing something special to Monza, but I think he rather meant that Monza will be a good test of how much they've already improved the car in that respect, which we saw partially at Zandvoort. But happy to be proven wrong of course.
Exactly, he said nothing else.

Also his interview with sky germany (which I saw) - which the twitter sources are referring to, he never talked about a big upgrade. Just the usual, "we will bring something to the next races".

From what we saw this year, how they work, I guess they will introduce a slightly evolution of the Spa RW in Monza, maybe some other little adjustments nobody thinks about now. But I strongly believe they will change the sidepods once more this year, maybe together with this rumoured new FW in Singapore.

KimiRai
KimiRai

A more loaded rear wing than the others, could be a test

-wkst-
-wkst-

Maybe, but as they said several times now: they are looking for an efficient DRS and they are on a good way. The RBR rear wing is also "big", but I would bet that both teams will have a skinny beam wing. Better tyre wear, better corner speed/traction, way bigger DRS effect.

What I noticed:

Team pitstop practice was with the old engine cover/shark fin - they never ran this spec in Zandvoort.
This time they have 2 "spec 2 Saudi" wings in front of the garage for the visitors. Maybe finally the comeback of this FW-family.
ALO arrived at the track in an outfit like a golf club manager.

NAPI10
NAPI10

-wkst- wrote:
31 Aug 2023, 15:31
Maybe, but as they said several times now: they are looking for an efficient DRS and they are on a good way. The RBR rear wing is also "big", but I would bet that both teams will have a skinny beam wing. Better tyre wear, better corner speed/traction, way bigger DRS effect.

What I noticed:

Team pitstop practice was with the old engine cover/shark fin - they never ran this spec in Zandvoort.
This time they have 2 "spec 2 Saudi" wings in front of the garage for the visitors. Maybe finally the comeback of this FW-family.
Any pictures?

KimiRai
KimiRai

NAPI10 wrote:
31 Aug 2023, 15:41
-wkst- wrote:

What I noticed:

Any pictures?
He appears to be right, that's the old engine cover. I think that's Lance's car (so Drugovich's in Friday), maybe they'll run tests and compare, who knows.

Last edited by KimiRai on 31 Aug 2023, 16:04, edited 3 times in total.

issey
issey

-wkst- wrote:

What I noticed:

They had the old front wings already in hungary and zandvoort but didn’t used them for race or qualifying

KimiRai
KimiRai

KimiRai
KimiRai

f1universe
f1universe

[@tgruener]
Alonso on podium contenders: "According to our numbers, two teams will stand out here: Williams, with their top speed, and Ferrari, like in Canada, on long straights, short corners & chicanes, they are super fast. They will be a challenge for us & can fight for the podium."
So AM could be the 5th team in this race if things don't go their way.

NAPI10
NAPI10

f1universe wrote:
31 Aug 2023, 16:53
[@tgruener]
Alonso on podium contenders: "According to our numbers, two teams will stand out here: Williams, with their top speed, and Ferrari, like in Canada, on long straights, short corners & chicanes, they are super fast. They will be a challenge for us & can fight for the podium."
So AM could be the 5th team in this race if things don't go their way.
It seems ur a Merc fan :D :D

issey
issey

-wkst-
-wkst-

Only update is the rear wing flap, as already seen above.

KimiRai
KimiRai

-wkst- wrote:
01 Sep 2023, 11:53
Only update is the rear wing flap, as already seen above.
It was expected but low quality of journalism in our time has to sell clicks. Replaced by AI soon anyways.