2023 Oracle Red Bull Racing F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Wouter

Re: 2023 Oracle Red Bull Racing F1 Team

organic wrote:
31 Aug 2023, 19:40
Pepe martí, Spanish F3 driver, joins RB junior program. Seems the noises about thinning it out maybe were not followed up on
Alonso is his manager and idol. Alonso has also taught him a lot of things in recent years/guided Pepe.

The Power of Dreams!

Wouter

The Power of Dreams!

organic

Interesting Mark Hughes article about Baku and max Vs Checo

https://www.motorsportmagazine.com/arti ... g-f1-pace/

organic

Max - corriere interview. Some nice questions
If you were a team principal would you take Norris?

"Yes, I should think a little more about the second driver. Difficult to choose, Piastri is also good. McLaren has a good couple."
https://www.corriere.it/sport/formula-1 ... d659.shtml

chrisc90

Shubs take…

“Everyone -> low drag rear wing. Red Bull - we will still be faster without one. Why waste money?”

ME4ME

"In Zandvoort, it was mainly getting the conditions right and exploiting everything out of the car," Perez explained.

"If you don't get the conditions right, you will see a big delta. It's how it works sometimes. We've seen with other drivers those sorts of gaps."

He added: "Definitely I went through a bit of a tough patch through the middle of the season where I was struggling the most with the car.

"But I think that's all behind us and we should be having good races from now on."
https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/pere ... /10514260/

Hard to believe Perez thinks his rough patch is behind him, after qualifying 1.3s off, getting out-raced at a rate of 4sec/lap and crashing into the barrier and speeding in the pitlane.

organic

Max's long run wasn't very good. Either the car was not in the right window with the tyres or there are other obfuscating factors (like a lot of engine detuning, liftoff etc)

The sector 2 times of RB in one lap reflected the large downforce advantage here.. the car will surely look after the tyres well

Cs98
Cs98

organic wrote:
01 Sep 2023, 14:34
Max's long run wasn't very good. Either the car was not in the right window with the tyres or there are other obfuscating factors (like a lot of engine detuning, liftoff etc)

The sector 2 times of RB in one lap reflected the large downforce advantage here.. the car will surely look after the tyres well
He was much slower on the straights compared to last season so probably a very de-tuned engine.

djos

ME4ME wrote:
01 Sep 2023, 13:18
"In Zandvoort, it was mainly getting the conditions right and exploiting everything out of the car," Perez explained.

"If you don't get the conditions right, you will see a big delta. It's how it works sometimes. We've seen with other drivers those sorts of gaps."

He added: "Definitely I went through a bit of a tough patch through the middle of the season where I was struggling the most with the car.

"But I think that's all behind us and we should be having good races from now on."
https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/pere ... /10514260/

Hard to believe Perez thinks his rough patch is behind him, after qualifying 1.3s off, getting out-raced at a rate of 4sec/lap and crashing into the barrier and speeding in the pitlane.
Perez is deluded, always has been.
"In downforce we trust"

organic

Cs98 wrote:
01 Sep 2023, 14:35
organic wrote:
01 Sep 2023, 14:34

He was much slower on the straights compared to last season so probably a very de-tuned engine.
Sainz Vs Verstappen on race run

They left all the horses at home it's very easy to tell with the gradients of the curves

KimiRai
KimiRai

chrisc90 wrote:
01 Sep 2023, 12:50
“Everyone -> low drag rear wing. Red Bull - we will still be faster without one. Why waste money?”
I think Aston also have done the same thing, in fact both rear wings RedBull / Aston are very similar. Must be the ex redbull staff hah

organic

Looking at long run pace I think Max will have trimmed wings for Fp2 unless there was a big engine mode difference

organic

Lovely info from Federico Albano
#Sainz versus #Verstappen in #Fp1 . The advantage #Ferrari in a straight line is evident, compared to a greater load of #RedBull , still however the latter also very low on the engine. The load is felt for Max in all the corners, but above all at Lesmo 2 (+10) and at the parabolica (+20!!). Many more experiments, Let's see in FP2
The average telemetry of the Long Run trials in #Fp1 (experimental analysis in evolution). #Mercedes and #Russell for now very fast, #Verstappen very slow as a visual confirmation of a PU still with the oars in the boat. #Sainz to 3 tenths together with #Hamilton .

AR3-GP
AR3-GP

Verstappen probably using the same sandbagging engine mode from Friday in Hungary.

Last year they did 341-342 km/h with this same wing. They are 4km/h down. That’s a big pony difference along the straight and at top speed.

With that said, the others have gotten faster in the straights, so they may switch to the smaller wing for Verstappen.

organic

Max vs Perez at Parabolica shows some of max's ridiculously low engine mode. it is a 2015 honda.