2023 Oracle Red Bull Racing F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
AR3-GP
AR3-GP

Re: 2023 Oracle Red Bull Racing F1 Team

Reading between the lines, I think Verstappen wants to go back to the medium downforce wing?
On the other side of the Red Bull garage, Max Verstappen posted only the fifth quickest time after the reigning double world champion got caught out by traffic during his soft tyre run.

“We’ve been trying a few different wing levels and I think we still need to analyse a bit what way to go,” he said afterwards. “It’s sometimes a bit of a tricky thing around Monza.
https://www.formula1.com/en/latest/arti ... utetv=true

Sieper

I don’t think so, Perez was quite close in FP1 so the cutout wing is likely the better compromise, but it must still be finetuned. Or maybe you are right, we’ll see tomorrow.

Juzh

Looking at verstappen's post fp2 interview I think we're heading to a similar performance jump in terms of straight line as we did in zandvoort. It' possible they're running friday engines for practice and those are turned down quite severely.
Ferrari is the primary target to beat and mclarens are sort of dangerous as they're very fast in corners but not so much on straight. Both norris and piastri had near perfect slipstreams on their runs, I'd say at least 2 tenths net gain, if not more.

organic

Different ers maps tested in long runs

organic

Seems Max/Perez aren't running exactly the same RW trim in Fp3. Max's seems to be trimmed a little deeper but then rises up at the centre.

AR3-GP
AR3-GP

organic wrote:
02 Sep 2023, 15:30
Seems Max/Perez aren't running exactly the same RW trim in Fp3. Max's seems to be trimmed a little deeper but then rises up at the centre.

https://i.imgur.com/BxQUVND.jpg
=D>

:wtf:

organic

Ferrari looked quick in fp and RB did not. Could be one of the most intriguing races of the season

Juzh

Silent Storm
Silent Storm

Max squeezed everything out of that car
The cheapest sort of pride is national pride, every miserable fool who has nothing at all of which he can be proud adopts, as a last resource, pride in the nation to which he belongs; thus reimbursing himself for his own inferiority.

organic

This bodes well for #10

Max:
“It was good, I pushed as hard as I could. It doesn't surprise me. [Ferarri] were here quickly last year, and their rear wing seems very well optimized for Monza

Our wing may not be the optimum, especially for a fast lap, but it should be better for the race. None of this was shocking, to be honest”

“Here it was a little more difficult for us to find the right balance in downforce. I was happy this morning. The car was on a lap and fast in the long run. So I'm also happy with P2”
Marko:
“We already knew Ferrari would be strong and we never really focused on pole position, looking at how we handled it with the set-up.

The adjustment for the race is a lot more important”

chrisc90

Same as the season on a whole then. Never been too worried about pole position but making a good race pace car.

AR3-GP
AR3-GP

Juzh wrote:
02 Sep 2023, 18:09
Verstappen's lap
https://streamable.com/6ct2iu
and you are worried about tomorrow. This lap looks at ease. He said he's happy with it.

AR3-GP
AR3-GP

Ferrari is better on the curbs. Interesting. Sainz seems to drive over them all on corner entry. Verstappen looks to avoid them.

organic

AR3-GP wrote:
02 Sep 2023, 21:32
Ferrari is better on the curbs. Interesting. Sainz seems to drive over them all on corner entry. Verstappen looks to avoid them.
This car loves smooth tracks and doesn't want to ride curbs. At Canada we saw the many curbs penalizing rb's pace quite a bit.

I think it's related to the setup that they have to use in order to extract performance from their floor concept, and related to their issues on bumpy tracks as well. It's why max expressed that it's not a weakness that can be resolved in-season but an accepted characteristic of going in that direction

Cs98
Cs98

organic wrote:
02 Sep 2023, 21:58
AR3-GP wrote:
02 Sep 2023, 21:32
This car loves smooth tracks and doesn't want to ride curbs. At Canada we saw the many curbs penalizing rb's pace quite a bit.

I think it's related to the setup that they have to use in order to extract performance from their floor concept, and related to their issues on bumpy tracks as well. It's why max expressed that it's not a weakness that can be resolved in-season but an accepted characteristic of going in that direction
This phenomenon was most clearly evident in Hungary turns 6/7 in the race. Hamilton gained a solid 1-3 tenths there every single lap on the RB, simply because he could clobber the kerb.