2023 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
jambuka
jambuka

Re: 2023 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team

JPower wrote:
02 Sep 2023, 17:03
Not bad for a #2 driver. :wink:

Well done to Carlos!. Hopefully he is on top of the game like this on many more remaining circuits.

jambuka
jambuka

scuderiabrandon wrote:
02 Sep 2023, 17:05
No further action according to Chris Medland

Thats P1 and P3

LEC lost it in T7 (Lesmo 2)
SAI very clean weekend so far, looked more comfortable all weekend.

Charles confirmed it was his choice to go out first, which cost him pole for suree. Very close and good to see both drivers competitive. Hope we hold up in the race.
Any idea on where we are in race pace ?

scuderiabrandon

jambuka wrote:
02 Sep 2023, 17:11
scuderiabrandon wrote:
02 Sep 2023, 17:05
No further action according to Chris Medland

Thats P1 and P3

LEC lost it in T7 (Lesmo 2)
SAI very clean weekend so far, looked more comfortable all weekend.

Charles confirmed it was his choice to go out first, which cost him pole for suree. Very close and good to see both drivers competitive. Hope we hold up in the race.
Any idea on where we are in race pace ?
It is in this thread I believe. No ones race sims were really long. I don't know if there is any data from FP3 though. Charles looked very strong in the long runs on Friday.

organic

The race runs looked very good compared to usual rivals. RB looked behind in race pace than Merc, McLaren, Ferrari so I think direct comparison with their fp data doesn't work this weekend

Vanja #66

Good job by Sainz, Leclerc was less comfortable the whole weekend, all 3 were great on the final lap. It will be very hard to keep Perez off the podium tomorrow, but maybe the stars can align for Ferrari'double podium at home. Max winning is the default setting, so it may be worth lowering the expectations on that...
And they call it a stall. A STALL!

#DwarvesAreNaturalSprinters
#BlessYouLaddie

jambuka
jambuka

Will George take out leclerc in turn 1 and slip away with 5 sec penalty ?

MV8
MV8

Great weekend so far from Carlos, Charles still struggling with this car (normal due to his driving style, good result anyway).
Just posting

CaribouBread
CaribouBread

Great job by Sainz under immense pressure! A double podium from the reds will be ideal.

Juzh

Vanja #66 wrote:
02 Sep 2023, 17:21
Good job by Sainz, Leclerc was less comfortable the whole weekend, all 3 were great on the final lap. It will be very hard to keep Perez off the podium tomorrow, but maybe the stars can align for Ferrari'double podium at home. Max winning is the default setting, so it may be worth lowering the expectations on that...
dude, perez will lose position to albon 100% and then be stuck behind him for half the race until pitstops, and if that doesn't happen he'll be stuck behind russell (merc in his hands is actually not a bad car this weekend - see Rus outqualify Per) and before he'll trouble any ferrari it'll be race over.

I doubt even verstappen is able to overtake any ferrari on track unless they hit serious trouble with tyres, they have 4-5 kmh like for like advantage on straights and are decent trough corners, not that much slower than Max. It'll all be done trough pitstops/SC/other stuff, but not on track. In any case Ver will have at most 2-3 tenths on them in pure pace, if that.

AR3-GP
AR3-GP

Juzh wrote:
02 Sep 2023, 17:41
Vanja #66 wrote:
dude, perez will lose position to albon 100% and then be stuck behind him for half the race until pitstops, and if that doesn't happen he'll be stuck behind russell (merc in his hands is actually not a bad car this weekend - see Rus outqualify Per) and before he'll trouble any ferrari it'll be race over.

I doubt even verstappen is able to overtake any ferrari on track unless they hit serious trouble with tyres, they have 4-5 kmh like for like advantage on straights and are decent trough corners, not that much slower than Max. It'll all be done trough pitstops/SC/other stuff, but not on track. In any case Ver will have at most 2-3 tenths on them in pure pace, if that.
This is a pessimistic perspective. I do not expect Ferrari to mount much opposition tomorrow.

Verstappen can always perform a simple under/overcut as needed if stuck.
Last edited by AR3-GP on 02 Sep 2023, 17:45, edited 2 times in total.

dialtone
dialtone

Juzh wrote:
Vanja #66 wrote:

Will be interesting to see what the improved ERS does for Ferrari. 0.1s/lap from ERS is an eternity and here is pretty critical. If Ferrari can start the race a bit lighter thanks to the new ERS software they might even have a chance to make the race interesting for some laps, but Max and RBR just have the ability to push the car to be 0.5s+/lap faster for 5-10 laps to be in a comfortable position and then chill.

Juzh

AR3-GP wrote:
02 Sep 2023, 17:44
Juzh wrote:
Vanja #66 wrote:

This is a pessimistic perspective. I do not expect Ferrari to mount much opposition tomorrow.

Verstappen can always perform a simple under/overcut as needed if stuck.
That's overly dismissive of ferrari's form on this track imo. Undercut will work if race is a "normal" one while overcut I don't believe it can work. Tyres are one step softer this year, right?

dialtone wrote:
02 Sep 2023, 17:44
but Max and RBR just have the ability to push the car to be 0.5s+/lap faster for 5-10 laps to be in a comfortable position and then chill.
If he leads that is.

bluechris

Personally i wish they do the 1st lap as they are in the start, then and only then we can discuss for a possible Ferrari win.
Keep in mind that Carlos have behind 2 super fast drivers and the start & slipstream are crucial. I my eyes Leclerc will benefit the most because he is in the clean line and maybe he can catch Max.

dialtone
dialtone

LEC 22 (red) v 23 (green)

* Particularly helpful comparison because Ferrari is running the same rear wing.
* Roggia and Lesmos is why Ferrari is slower this year, simply goes through the corner with more difficulty, slower min speed and takes longer to be on throttle again, very easy to see how bad corner exit is past lesmo 1 into lesmo 2 (2500m) where the green line is below the red line for the whole stretch.
* Start straight, and into Ascari, and then into Parabolica to an extent, show the improvement in ERS, there's remarkably less clipping at the end of the straight.
* Not sure why there's so much speed difference on the straight into Parabolica, there was a car 200m in front of Leclerc in 2022 but it shouldn't account for that speed difference, but since it's just 4kph it might.

Engine is a clear improvement, if Ferrari didn't waste so much electric power to recover speed from bad corner exit they would be miles ahead instead of 0.2s behind.
Last edited by dialtone on 02 Sep 2023, 18:51, edited 1 time in total.

Xyz22
Xyz22

Unlucky with the lack of tow in the final run for Leclerc or would have been a 1-2 i think. Good positioning here is easily worth 0.15s.

Still a very good result.
Last edited by Xyz22 on 02 Sep 2023, 18:50, edited 1 time in total.